PDA

View Full Version : Gears ?

Meanfish
09-04-2004, 09:43 PM
Hello,
I just got my new 04 cobra and was wondering if I can put 4:10's in it ? Has anyone done it and what do you think about it ?
Thanks, Phil

BIGV
09-05-2004, 06:55 AM
yes you can but if you are going to use it for a daily driver I would advise against it you will rev considerably higher and cut down on your full economy as if these cars really get good gas mileage. if you are going to take it to the track alot and dont mind the lower mpg then do it I would tend to think you might want to compromise and go with 3.73 gears I know it isnt alot over the 3.55 but it would give a advantage over another similar modded cobra off the line. But to sum up I guess it would depend on your application for the vehicle quarter mile or daily driver hope this helped

cobrabitn
09-05-2004, 12:36 PM
Actually, almost everyone in this club (SCMC) agrees that 410 gears are the way to go for both everyday driving and at the strip. With the extra gear in the transmission, you will still retain good highway mileage. And it will allow you to use the higher transmission gears around town a lot more. :)

I drove Lisa's 97 Cobra with 410 gears and all I could say was that I wanted a set for my 99. If you know someone that has those in their 03/04 then see if they would take you for a ride or better yet, maybe let you drive it for a few minutes. You will definitely change your mind and want a set. :)

Meanfish
09-05-2004, 04:14 PM
thanks for the info guys....im getting a set this week.

Big T
09-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Where are you ordering your gears from and who do you get to install them? How much does the whole process cost?

RF Cobra
09-08-2004, 11:32 PM
My concern about 4.10 in an '03/'04 Cobra is wheelspin and wheel hop. Wouldn't these conditions be greatly magnified making it much harder to launch the car without additional modifications?

I can see it in the ones without superchargers since my father-in-law put 3.73s in his '97 since he was not getting enough power out of the corners at the track. He would have gone to 4.10 but was concerned that would be too drastic for a daily driver.

Is my concern warranted, or is the wheel hop issue over exaggerated?

Meanfish
09-09-2004, 04:46 AM
im goinmg to east coast performanc eand it's $750 installed