PDA

View Full Version : Summit Point Sept 18-19

Mystic_Cobra
09-07-2004, 09:18 AM
ANYONE going to Summit Point on Sept 18-19?

FCorkran
09-07-2004, 10:51 AM
Sure, I'll be there instructing as usual. There's a FATT the day before if you want a 3 day event. BSR was kind enough to schedule a FATT or Seat Time the Friday before all 4 Summit Point NASA events this year.:thumbsup:

SIUNARA
09-07-2004, 05:39 PM
I'll be there instructing on Sat. and Sun. Any idea where you go to sign up for Friday...I'm definitely interested.

FCorkran
09-07-2004, 06:48 PM
I'll be there instructing on Sat. and Sun. Any idea where you go to sign up for Friday...I'm definitely interested.Call the BSR office at (304) 725-6512 to sign up. Oops, the website says it's full, wait list only. If you're going to be near the track on Friday anyway I'd say get on the wait list and if necessary be there Friday morning in case of no-shows, which are fairly common (particularly if it rains). Details at http://www.bsr-inc.com (http://www.bsr-inc.com/), recreational driving programs.

Ask to speak to Bruce (chief instructor) if you're interested in instructing, though you generally have to attend the clinic in February (by invitation, no charge). Talk to Bruce, if you have a fair amount of verifiable experience instructing you might be able to start right away - a full house requires plenty of instructors. Be forewarned, instructing at a FATT is a lot different than a NASA weekend. You'll get 2 driving sessions, plus a credit toward a Seat Time (open track) or other BSR advanced driving school. You will likely be inside a car on track pretty much all day (3 groups/4 sessions) except for the lunch break. A fair number of BSR instructors are also NASA instructors, and vice versa.

BOC- Beau
09-07-2004, 08:41 PM
I'll be there!!

johnbasf
09-07-2004, 10:55 PM
I'll be there!!

On the track I hope. :D

BOC- Beau
09-08-2004, 10:29 AM
Yes Mr. Pearson, on the track. At least most of the time :D

justagt
09-08-2004, 05:42 PM
Yes Mr. Pearson, on the track. At least most of the time :D

Bring your rubber mallet..... good for banging out fenders. :D

cobra330
09-08-2004, 05:50 PM

You going right after the CVMC show??

BOC- Beau
09-08-2004, 06:25 PM
Bring your rubber mallet..... good for banging out fenders. :D
I never go to the track without it! It also works very well on my competitors. :dizzy: :D

Mystic_Cobra
09-12-2004, 11:12 PM
I was considering going up on Sunday to watch and hang out. Not planning to run on track.

SIUNARA
09-13-2004, 12:07 AM
I hear some guy named "Ivan" may be there that weekend. :eek:

johnbasf
09-15-2004, 05:30 PM
You guys need to keep an eye out for Ivan. Be careful this weekend.

FCorkran
09-20-2004, 04:46 PM
Turns out Summit Point was (as always) the best place to be this weekend. The track started out wet on Saturday but dried up by mid-late morning, Sunday was absolutely gorgeous. Friday night tornadoes were all over from east of the track to DC, plus a tornado hit Inwood to the west and shut down I81. Good thing I drove down early Friday morning. When I got back to Harrisburg Sunday night the main river route north was closed due to what was described on the news as possibly the worst flood ever to hit Harrisburg. Traffic was packed to my house up the alternate river route, even worse jam this morning coming back to catch the turnpike to Philly.

Don, it was nice to get to meet you this weekend. How was your drive back to Happy Valley? :) Sorry you missed out on Friday, it really wasn't that bad except for a downpour right after the first (instructor :) ) session, then late in the evening. Considering the number of no-shows, you'd have gotten in no problem as a walk-in. There's a Seat Time event the Friday before the October NASA event, your instructor status with NASA might get you in even if you've never done a BSR event or don't have a comp license.

Beau, congratulations on your 2nd on Saturday, did you win on Sunday?;) Hope you didn't need that mallet, I didn't get a chance to see the standing start (or the race) on Sunday.

BOC- Beau
09-20-2004, 07:26 PM
Frank, I hate you missed the race on Sunday. It was a battle between Brian Smith and I again. This time I won :D I don't guess I'll use the mallet this time.

SIUNARA
09-20-2004, 08:40 PM
Frank,

It was nice to meet you too. As for the drive home, we ran into the same problem with 322 being closed and everyone using 11/15 to get to their destinations. Luckily it didn't hold us up at all because we planned to go home that way anyway. :) Not sure if I'll be at the October event or not... I'll see as it gets a little closer.

Congrats to Beau and Brian Smith for splitting victories this weekend. They had some nice battles over the weekend. Beau must have some drag racing experience because he took off like a rocket during the standing start on Sunday. On Sunday Brian Smith ran a 1:24.3 during practice, only .4 off of the track record set by Shugg. I thought I heard him say something about Shugg taking off his skirt, but I'm not sure what it was in reference to.

The event was fun, but I have to say that I missed "the crew". I realized Saturday afternoon that this was my first event without all of my buddies present, and it wasn't nearly as much fun. For the first time in a while I had no reason to laugh during dinner on Saturday...not that there was "a reason" for the laughter at previous events. ;)

Looking forward to the next event with everyone present. By then I'll have spent lots of money getting the Cobra up to the task of keeping up with some of you. :thumbsup:

FCorkran
09-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Frank, I hate you missed the race on Sunday. It was a battle between Brian Smith and I again. This time I won :D I don't guess I'll use the mallet this time.
So, did you find the time Brian found earlier, did Brian lose it, or did you just use superior racecraft and cunning to manuever a slower car to the front? :D

BOC- Beau
09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Well, I ran a 1:24.4?? in the race. He was a little slower than that. Did I mention that I love standing starts? We battled hard. I got a good lead, but he closed the gap on me. We came to turn 10 and I got stuck behind a lapped car. Brian used that to his advantage and got past me. I will say that the people at the turn 5 stands got a good show. We were battling very hard. I passed him back in turn 6 on the next lap. He was right on my bumper at the checkered flag, but I held him off. Did I mention I love standing starts?

wildhorsesracin
09-21-2004, 01:48 PM
note to self: watch out for Beau on standing starts!

Congrats Beau! Congrats Brian Smith...

David Smith & I have resolved to come up for the October Summit event to race and 'bench race' saturday nite! :thumbsup:

I can be a chicane for the right amount of free beer :thumbsup:

Did shugg start wearing a skirt when he put that princess tag on? :rotf:

FCorkran
09-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Wow, I'm really sorry I missed the race now! In Saturday's race it looked like Brian was getting a push down the front straight every lap from a gaggle of Hondas. Gaggle is the correct term for Hondas, right? :D

BOC- Beau
09-21-2004, 07:24 PM
[/QUOTE]
David Smith & I have resolved to come up for the October Summit event to race and 'bench race' saturday nite! :thumbsup:[/QUOTE] I hope these are both AI cars, We need the car count. I look forward to seeing you guys again.

wildhorsesracin
09-21-2004, 10:34 PM
I think we are both running in AIX... :thumbsup:

(although mine is a CMC car in AIX clothing :eek: )

Racing for the FUN of it! :thumbsup: