PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Run

BadPny
09-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Who is planning on doing the Mississippi Run this year? We had a great time last year and meet alot of interesting people. LaCrosse WI was fun on Saturday night and we enjoyed the B & B we stayed at.
Bill & Emmy Drzal :bounce:

tgentry
09-08-2004, 09:12 AM
Bill, you beat me to starting the thread! :thumbsup:

For those who weren't there last year, this is a very scenic drive up "The Great River Road" along the Mississippi. We all had fun last year, and judging by the weather we might get more fall color this year.

We'll be starting once again at the Holiday Inn, downtown Dubuque, IA at 10am. For those who haven't been there, Dubuque has a very historic downtown with some nice antique shops, a brew pub, an old shot tower, the world's steepest,shortest running railway, a Mississippi River Museum, etc. So if you want to spend the night there should be plenty to do. The Holiday Inn is right downtown.

From there we will head north on "The Great River Road", stopping when necessary to regroup. If you have an FRS (Family Radio System) radio, bring it. It's nice to be able to communicate as we drive. We'll stop for lunch along the way, and end up in La Crosse, WI.

Let us know if you're coming and we'll be looking for you.

Cobra-R
09-08-2004, 01:37 PM
I am planning on coming as well. :thumbsup:

Bill, you beat me to starting the thread! :thumbsup:

For those who weren't there last year, this is a very scenic drive up "The Great River Road" along the Mississippi. We all had fun last year, and judging by the weather we might get more fall color this year.

We'll be starting once again at the Holiday Inn, downtown Dubuque, IA at 10am. For those who haven't been there, Dubuque has a very historic downtown with some nice antique shops, a brew pub, an old shot tower, the world's steepest,shortest running railway, a Mississippi River Museum, etc. So if you want to spend the night there should be plenty to do. The Holiday Inn is right downtown.

From there we will head north on "The Great River Road", stopping when necessary to regroup. If you have an FRS (Family Radio System) radio, bring it. It's nice to be able to communicate as we drive. We'll stop for lunch along the way, and end up in La Crosse, WI.

Let us know if you're coming and we'll be looking for you.

tgentry
09-22-2004, 10:09 AM
Brian, you're not bringing the bananna are you?

tgentry
09-27-2004, 04:29 PM
The 2nd Annual Mississippi River Run kicks off this Saturday, 10am at the Downtown Dubuque Holiday Inn! Be there!!! :bounce:

We'll plan to stay together, stop often for scenery and conversation, and make a lunch stop along the way. The finish will be in La Crosse, WI.

Cathy and I will be bringing the '85 ASC/McLaren Coupe (Midnight Blue with Popsicle Orange stripes) just for fun.

If you're coming, let me know what you're driving so we know who to watch for. If you have an FRS radio, they can be great for car to car chatter. See you there! :thumbsup:

Cobra-R
09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
Tom,
I cannot get someone to cover for me at work, so I won't be able to make it to dubuque. Will you email the route(or is it going to be the same as last year?) so I can come down and meet you along the way on the cruise?

Brian

tgentry
09-27-2004, 11:05 PM
Brian,
Same route, same loose schedule. If you know a good spot along the way to meet, let me know.

BadPny
09-30-2004, 11:04 PM
Tom,

It appears that there are only two cars going. You and us. Do you know if anyone else is coming? We will be driving in on Saturday morning. Where do you want to meet at the hotel? Where do you plan to park? I'll e-mail you our cell telephone in case you need to contact us.

Bill D

tgentry
10-01-2004, 01:38 PM
Bill, I think we have another car, maybe two coming, plus I think Brian is still planning to meet up with us somewhere.

We'll be at the side of the hotel, probably parked in the angle parking along the street. We don't have a cell phone anymore, but we'll see you there.

Cobra-R
10-02-2004, 05:34 AM
Bill, I think we have another car, maybe two coming, plus I think Brian is still planning to meet up with us somewhere.

We'll be at the side of the hotel, probably parked in the angle parking along the street. We don't have a cell phone anymore, but we'll see you there.

Tom,
I have to work until noon(it's about 2 hrs to La Crosse). I will take off and run the route backwards until I meet up with you. I will be in the vette, so keep an eye out for me. I don't have a cell phone so we will just have to rely on luck that we will be at the same place at the same time. :thumbsup:

Brian

tgentry
10-02-2004, 09:06 AM
We've been up most of the night with a sick kid, and it looks like we won't be going :( Sorry about that folks, but things happen.

I just talked to Bill D. and he's definitley going to the hotel in Dubuque to meet up with whoever shows up. They'll look for Brian's banana on the way too.

BadPny
10-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Hi,

We had a great time. We started with breakfast in historical Galena, IL and then drove over to meet the group at the Holiday Inn in Dubuque, Iowa. We left Dubuque at 10:30 am and proceded up the Great River Road in Iowa passing thru several interesting small towns which had fairs going on. We missed these towns last year since we didn't follow the Great River Road all the time last year. We crossed the river at Praire de Chien, Wi, and the group elected to travel to some local railroad museums. We preceded to Fennimore, Wi to see the Dinky which is an old narrow gauge railroad. We followed the old right a way to back to Galena and then when to Elizabeth to check out their depot museum. It was a great day for a ride! Sorry that we did not hook up with you Brian and your yellow vette. Thanks again for the great job of running Gingerman! I will post some photos of the river run in the picture section.

Bill & Emmy Drzalhttp://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=131486#

cobrabitn
10-05-2004, 09:10 PM
Bill,

Please e-mail me and let me know more details.

Thanks,

Tony

mrmach@cetlink.net

tgentry
10-06-2004, 12:54 PM
Bill, I'm glad you all had a good time. It was a beautiful day for a fall tour, sorry we missed it.