PDA

View Full Version : Jerry the Super Tuner

Twice Bitten
09-09-2004, 01:47 AM
Jerry W of SCT posted on another forum that they have just finished their software for the Ford GT. :thumbsup: Ford put in a speed limiter at 205 mph :( I can only imagine what they can do to this supercar, my best guess with a pulley and chip is another 100hp :eek: Can you say 220 mph + :jawdrop: I really need one of these cars, ok, no more mods for Frankenstang, got to start saving for GT and the appropriate mods for GT :doubt: :bounce: :rotf:

Firme
09-09-2004, 08:05 AM
Jerry W of SCT posted on another forum that they have just finished their software for the Ford GT. :thumbsup: Ford put in a speed limiter at 205 mph :( I can only imagine what they can do to this supercar, my best guess with a pulley and chip is another 100hp :eek: Can you say 220 mph + :jawdrop: I really need one of these cars, ok, no more mods for Frankenstang, got to start saving for GT and the appropriate mods for GT :doubt: :bounce: :rotf:

:lol:MUUHAHAHAHAHA :vampsmile

:Mr Burns: EXCCCCCELLLANT :/Mr Burns:

I knew it was only a matter of time :firedevil :twitchy:

Codes
09-09-2004, 11:12 AM
:jawdrop: NO FREEKING WAY. They have yet to get the SVTF tuner out (they have it in house, but a lot of good that does me) yet they already have a Ford GT tuner out:mad: . And come on Ford, if you are going to set the limiter at over 200mph then you minus well not set the limiter at all. RAR this makes me angry, specially since STOCK my car is in need of a good tune.

Levi
09-09-2004, 01:16 PM

If you get the GT, you will need a stable for your horse's. Will call it Horse Power Haven, Garage and Stable's. Home of the horse called Frankenstang. :D

Twice Bitten
09-09-2004, 02:21 PM
If you get the GT, you will need a stable for your horse's. Will call it Horse Power Haven, Garage and Stable's. Home of the horse called Frankenstang. :D

If I get a GT, it will be the only car I own :(

Levi
09-09-2004, 02:41 PM
If I get a GT, it will be the only car I own :(

I can start making payments on the RRRRR, but I will have to sale the house, truck , my body.

oooooooooooook now thats done, when do I pick up the R? :rotf:

John Chingasos
09-09-2004, 03:20 PM
I can start making payments on the RRRRR, but I will have to sale the house, truck , my body.

oooooooooooook now thats done, when do I pick up the R? :rotf:

Unless your go start selling vital organs I am afraid your not going to make money on your body ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :D

Levi
09-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Unless your go start selling vital organs I am afraid your not going to make money on your body ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :) :D

Hey, talk about selling parts. I have those Tokico struts, shocks and BBk lowering springs that will fit your Mach.

Twice Bitten
09-09-2004, 08:33 PM
OK Jimmysidecar, 'fess up. I know you know something, and we want to know what you know about the GT :D I can see right through your sig. :cool:

Twice Bitten
09-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Rachel wants a supercharged Shelby Series 1, aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. If she buys one, then f-it, I am buying a GT no matter what :baby: :baby: :bounce: :doubt: :doubt:

jimmysidecarr
09-09-2004, 10:06 PM
OK Jimmysidecar, 'fess up. I know you know something, and we want to know what you know about the GT :D I can see right through your sig. :cool:
Actually I don't know #$%*&@!
First hand that is...
All I am capable of right now is a semi/educated guess....
:retard:
Think about this......
"tweaked but done right" cobras with a smaller displacement blower, engine and very limited fuel delivery capacity are making 700 plus horse power... and are(finally) living!

A 5.4 with superior heads(revised coolant flow and ports), reinforced alloy block, larger twinscrew blower, a connecting rod length that reaches from here to El Paso(torque!!!), a 4.16" something stroke on the crank!(torque!!!) , and hopefully vastly superior pistons stock!

550 horsepower????

YEA ..... RIGHT!!!
Can anybody else see this thing has been sand bagged????
Fords got races coming up, this car is going to be scrutinized to death by all the governing bodies.
I personally think with a pulley change, a new tune, sufficent fuel, and what ever minor bugs crop up.....
1000 horsepower on race gas is realistic..... and will live!
800 or 900 plus on pump(93)gas with less timing, and waterless coolant...
And 700 to 800 with a little less timing and 50/50 water based coolant on pump(93)gas...

"Jimmy are you on crack??? How can you make those claims"????

:rolleyes: They aren't "claims".... like I said ... I don't know dick!!!
THIS IS PURE SPECULATION ON MY PART!!!

What do you guys think????

After all I'm just an old parts guy..... ;)

Jimmy :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Oh.... sorry..... One other thing!
With all of that torque available at very low revs, and stays insanely high right to red line..... this thing HAD TO BE MID ENGINE!!!!
Go ahead.... match our horsepower Vettes and Vipers.....
You will all still be summarily dismissed....
The "front/mid" cars will be .......lunch!!!!
The only cars with a prayer are the super light weights....

Our down low acceleration..................rules!!!
Our handling and ease of driving technique adapability................rules!!!
Our brakes..........................rule big time!!!!

However in the real world s$%# happens....
Is our transaxle strong enough for a modded GT???
Is the cooling system capable of removing all that extra heat from all that "over spec horsepower"????

You can bet somebody out there will be finding out ...... real soon!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/FordGTDREAMCAR.jpg

Jimmy :fordflag:

Twice Bitten
09-09-2004, 11:37 PM
I watched some race a while back, the one Dale Jr. got burned in. A Saleen S7 broke both of the half shafts just before entering the track leaving pit row.
He was doing 50-60 mph when it happened. :thumbsup: Only when the modding begins, will we find the weak points. As for 1000 hp, may be far fetched, I think 800 hp will be possible in the right hands. :thumbsup: But I think the parts guy is sand bagging us, he knows a lot more than he lets on :p ;) :) :D :cool: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :fordflag: :flag:

jimmysidecarr
09-10-2004, 12:03 AM
I watched some race a while back, the one Dale Jr. got burned in. A Saleen S7 broke both of the half shafts just before entering the track leaving pit row.
He was doing 50-60 mph when it happened. :thumbsup: Only when the modding begins, will we find the weak points. As for 1000 hp, may be far fetched, I think 800 hp will be possible in the right hands. :thumbsup: But I think the parts guy is sand bagging us, he knows a lot more than he lets on :p ;) :) :D :cool: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :fordflag: :flag:

I was thinking of saying......."only one way to find out"...... But there are several really...
All involve waiting what will seem for you and I anyway.... an excruciatingly long time
:doubt:
And except for the "armchair/monday morning quarterbacks"(guys like me)...
An A$$ LOAD OF MONEY$$$$$
But oooooohhhhhh the rewards of a well thought out blood and guts GT.....Hmmmmmm.... Just kinda blows all the cobwebs out of the idea/dream chamber in the ole cranial cavity there doesn't it????

Jimmy :fordflag: :flag: :naughty:

jimmysidecarr
09-10-2004, 12:10 AM
P.S. 5.4 race trim 200 horsepower per liter????? not possible????

Hmmmmmm..... ;) ...... maybe not for a 24 hour event but..... what about 3... 6....
Ford made 750horse with a turbo 1.7 liter inline 4 way back in the early 80s
so did Lancia, and Renault.... and others....

DREAM CHAMBER IS COOKING NOW!!!
jIMMY :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
09-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Jimmy, you have forgotten more about Fords than most people will ever know about Fords in there life time :thumbsup: With people like you around, anything is possible :D

Carl G
09-12-2004, 06:34 PM
Jimmy where do you keep all this information? :) Talk about overload, I would be fried :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-12-2004, 09:42 PM
Jimmy where do you keep all this information? :) Talk about overload, I would be fried :thumbsup:

The "how to" of making cars go fast.... has always fascinated me...
I had crumby math grades in high school..... so I wasn't able to keep taking the science stuff that I loved/love :( .... At the time I was not aware of the critical direct link :retard: ..... Girls, playing in a rock band, and being a party animal was more important at the time :retard: :banghead: :doh2:

I did graduate high school in 1970.... but not with the grades or math level to take any college level science... Also I was the oldest of 5 kids and my family couldn't afford to waste money on a party boy just so he could flunk out of college.

So.... My grassroots quest for knowledge began...

If you really love a subject(what it takes to make cars fast...and live) It's not hard remembering what the key elements are to make that happen.

Most of what I know is from helping "fast guys" with their race cars....
Ask the right questions, about the right stuff .... and they would open up :thumbsup:

Ask stupid questions about the "wrong/frivolous" stuff..... and they would open up a verbal a$$ whooping on the stupid newbie...

So over the years I've learned just a little bit about....
airflow
Hydraulics
thermal dynamics
metallurgy
welding
casting
general physics(mass, inertia, torsion, shear, etc..)
air fuel ratios

No degree mind you ..... and no classes... My friend and mentor "Fat Rick" used to say "you know just enough to be "dangerous" :rotf:

I'm still learning..... I'm rabid about this stuff!!!
Something about the way I'm wired....... I just have to know how and why things work the way they do............. or don't------> IE: engine postmortem forencics..... one of my all time mega curiosities!!!!

I love also trying to take a complex topic and reduce it down to it's basics so brand new enthusists don't get turned off by too much...."mind numbing tech"

BTW.... I love getting Dave to open up!!!! Talk about a wealth of knowledge :eek:

He makes some of the guys at cornercarvers.com look like light weights :thumbsup:

Enough about me!!!

I hope your doing well Larry...
I'll try to stay in touch :flag: :fordflag:
Jimmy :edmond:

Twice Bitten
09-12-2004, 10:13 PM
Keep :edmond: , most of us enjoy your verbal overflow of well kept and understood knowledge of the internal cobustion engine as well as the portion of keeping the rubber to the ground :thumbsup:

A degree does not = intelegence!!!!

the shoulder is getting better, but I still have a ways to go before I will get pain free movement :baby: :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-12-2004, 11:01 PM
Keep :edmond: , most of us enjoy your verbal overflow of well kept and understood knowledge of the internal cobustion engine as well as the portion of keeping the rubber to the ground :thumbsup:

A degree does not = intelegence!!!!

the shoulder is getting better, but I still have a ways to go before I will get pain free movement :baby: :thumbsup:

Thanks!!!
Unforunately.... I know way too much about the shoulder thing....
Hang in there they do eventually heal...
Mine's almost semi-normal.... but I already told you I was "bad" during therapy..... it makes enough noise during normal operation to wake the dead!!!
Gives Gail the whim-whams if she hears it when I'm reaching for stuff up high
Hey between the two of us........ We kinda are like Frankenstein
Hopefully yours will work a little smoother than mine.... without all the clunking and clicking..... doesn't hurt it just sounds like it's going to come apart or something....lol
Jimmy

Twice Bitten
09-12-2004, 11:23 PM
Between you, David, Carl and I, we have 3 bad shoulders and one bad knee :rolleyes:
My goal is to have enough range of motion in the shoulder so I can be participant at TWS instead of a bystander :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-12-2004, 11:52 PM
Between you, David, Carl and I, we have 3 bad shoulders and one bad knee :rolleyes:
My goal is to have enough range of motion in the shoulder so I can be participant at TWS instead of a bystander :thumbsup:
That's a pretty "dern good" goal....
But do you mean .... this year's TWS????.... That would be an awfully speedy recovery!!!

Twice Bitten
09-13-2004, 12:03 AM
That's a pretty "dern good" goal....
But do you mean .... this year's TWS????.... That would be an awfully speedy recovery!!!

I started therapy 11 days after the surgery, it is tough :baby:
I will take it day by day, but I think I will be able to make it :thumbsup: It helped having a surgeon who is a gearhead (cars and bikes), degreed engineer and a surgeon. Talk about being over educated :rolleyes: After Rach and I told him about our cars and the event at TWS, he started the pt earlier than normal. He does open track events in his avalanch, he broke his back motor cycle racing so he does track events in his truck instead of his bike now, he has had it at TWS and MSR :thumbsup:

jimmysidecarr
09-13-2004, 01:00 AM
I started therapy 11 days after the surgery, it is tough :baby:
I will take it day by day, but I think I will be able to make it :thumbsup: It helped having a surgeon who is a gearhead (cars and bikes), degreed engineer and a surgeon. Talk about being over educated :rolleyes: After Rach and I told him about our cars and the event at TWS, he started the pt earlier than normal. He does open track events in his avalanch, he broke his back motor cycle racing so he does track events in his truck instead of his bike now, he has had it at TWS and MSR :thumbsup:
HOLY CRAP!!!!!
That is too freaking cool!!! Well good for you Larry....... What a trooper!!
BTW... Cool A$$ doctor too!!!
Now get after that therapy MR.!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/jimmysidecarr/smallerMrMellow.jpg
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Remind me to take the freaking batteries out of that camera and hide them!!!
Poor Gail............. can you imagine having to live with a guy like that???

Firme
09-13-2004, 02:01 AM
Holy Crap Jimmy.. that pic is hilarious

:rotf: :lol: :rotf: :lol: :eek: