PDA

View Full Version : New guy here...

Pinche Perros
09-14-2004, 05:50 PM
Hey there. I just got a í03 Cobra Mineral Grey and Iím fairly new to these boards. Iím from Houston but Iím stationed in NC (until January then its Houston indefinitely). I was born and raised in 2nd Ward but Iíll be staying with my cousin in Clear Lake once I get settled in. Iíll be in the area for leave between 20 Sep and 4 Oct. Iíve been reading about all of you allís meetings every Tuesday and I would hope to be invited to one of your gatherings. Iím a Hooters fanatic myself!

Quick question though, Iím looking to bolt on a Bassani X w/cats and Steeda Cat-Back while Iím there. Before I do so, is there such a thing as a ďMod Friendly DealershipĒ in or around Houston? Will these simple exhaust mods be a warranty problem?

If you all can, answer the exhaust question as soon as you can because I want to pre-order as soon as I set foot back in the states and have everything delivered and waiting upon my arrival, but I wonít if you all say that Iíll be screwed warranty wise if I do it.

Ahead of time, thanks for all of your inputs!

jimmysidecarr
09-14-2004, 08:05 PM
Exhaust and cold air intake should not be a warranty problem....
I'm only a parts guy but.... If the aftermarket parts don't affect the "symptom"
Then they shouldn't affect the coverage...
Pulleys are a different matter.... engine wise...
Jimmy :thumbsup:

JBoden
09-14-2004, 10:48 PM
Always welcome at our gatherings - plan on it ! :bounce:

Be sure to check out the other events planned - Austin Cruise on Sept 25 & 26th, On-track at TWS - Oct 16 & 17, Car Show on Oct 31st. :eek:

Come on down.

Firme
09-15-2004, 06:56 AM
:hello: Welcome to the board.

You are more than welcome to come to the meetings and hang out.

Like Jimmy said, CAI and Exhaust should not void you warranty. The law is that they can only void a warranty if the aftermarket part caused the problem. One thing you can do if you are sceptical, is to keep your original exhaust and swap back if you ever had a major problem.

John Chingasos
09-15-2004, 10:00 AM
Dont forget about October 2nd Fieldtrip to Unique Performance in Dallas TX to see the SUPER SNAKE..........750 Horspower Shelby GT 500 Eleanor Replicas :D