PDA

View Full Version : SVO Side exhaust question

SVTCobra96
09-14-2004, 07:51 PM
im getting a 1995 5.0 gt and the first thing i wanted to do to it was borla svt side exhaust exhaust with 2 chamber flowmasters and the cat hollowed out i heard bad things about this setup like the adhesive that comes with them has turned to rubber and u loose alot of torque and HP so i was wondering if yall could give me more info or ur opinion on what my best bet would be

smashedheadcat
09-15-2004, 12:07 AM
I have this setup on my 97. By doing this setup, you'll have borla mufflers, thus you wouldn't be able to add flowmasters to this setup. I'll tell you what I like about the setup, and what I don't.

I like: The looks of this kit. I love the sound of them. I like the fit, finish, and ease of install borla products are known for.

I don't like: They are holding my supercharged car back powerwise. The hang low limiting rear spring choices. They are not very loud other than full throttle (i like this, but sometimes I don't). You have to have custom subframe connectors made if you intend on putting them on. My side skirts are rivet'd onto the car front and rear, and are supported by a metal bracket in the center. This is how my kit came, so I have no idea what "rubber like" substance you were referring to. I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying mine didn't come that way. I got mine for $699 shipped from brothers performance. I had the side skirts painted, and the whole kit installed for an additional $150.

Levi
09-15-2004, 10:52 AM
Just say, (Eleanor). Dr. Gas. Spin Tech. :thumbsup:
http://www.drgas.com/product.asp?id=41

SVTCobra96
09-15-2004, 07:03 PM
so to u are they worth the money? or would u go with a bassani X-pipe i want it to be the loudest i can get it so suggestions....

smashedheadcat
09-16-2004, 09:05 AM
To me, yes they are worth the money if, and only if you like the look. They are quiet (borla) other than full throttle. They definately scream at wide open throttle. People plug their ears during my dyno pulls. They are just too restrictive for my application. If you'd like to hear them, click here. (http://www.stangsource.com/files.cgi?download=36) This is my car during it's latest tuning on the dyno.