PDA

View Full Version : Mil Eliminators

tazzracing1
09-16-2004, 08:04 AM
I need to know if I need two sets or a single set and do I place it on the top or bottom set of 02 sensors? Thank You for any advice it is deeply appreciated.

tcrews
09-16-2004, 08:24 AM
They come in a set of two, one for each rear O2 sensor. You only need to buy one set (as there are two in the set) and unplug your O2 sensor from the wiring harness, plug the MIL-Eliminator into the wiring harness and then plug your O2 sensor into the MIL-Eliminator. You can only use them on the rear O2s.

tazzracing1
09-16-2004, 09:13 PM
I need to know if I need two sets or a single set and do I place it on the top or bottom set of 02 sensors? Thank You for any advice it is deeply appreciated. Well I put in an offroad x-pipe and have a check engine light that came on I know I put the mil eliminators in the right spot. I reset the light today and it came back on when I was heading to work. I'm wondering if the temp. difference between yesterday and today is what is causing the light to come on yesterday it was 85 today only between 65 to 70?

cobrabitn
09-16-2004, 09:42 PM
Are you sure you got the MIL's on the rear sensors? I had an OR pipe on my 99 Cobra and never had a light trip.... :doubt:

tazzracing1
09-16-2004, 09:54 PM
I know they are on the back 02 sensors car also seems to run a bit rich even before the check engine light. I guess I will have to go and have it checked.

tcrews
09-16-2004, 10:32 PM
Offroad pipes tend to make the car run richer so if you were already running a little rich now you are running a lot rich. You can still get a check engine light from that. I'm working on the same thing with my car, so far I've replaced the front O2s and next up I'll be replacing the rear O2's. The car has 70,000+ miles so it's time for new O2s anyway. If this doesn't work I'll have to scan the codes and see if its both or just one bank. If it's one I'll swap MIL-eliminators and see if the problem goes to the other bank. If it does it'll be time for a new MIL-eliminator. I'll be replacing the MAF soon too to help reduce the richness, aftermarket MAFs for NA cars tend to lean out the car to make more power.

tazzracing1
09-16-2004, 11:03 PM
Thank You for the info I will keep you informed of my progress on the situation. I really like having a place to go and ask questions instead of just trying to guess.:thumbsup:

tazzracing1
09-17-2004, 04:40 PM
What size mass sensor should I goto ? The only things done to the car is or x-pipe/Borla catback other than that the car is stock. also I here of people remove the little stainless screen bad idea or not and will it make that much difference?
Thank You again for all of the help

tcrews
09-17-2004, 05:18 PM
What size mass sensor should I goto ? The only things done to the car is or x-pipe/Borla catback other than that the car is stock. also I here of people remove the little stainless screen bad idea or not and will it make that much difference?
Thank You again for all of the help
The stock size is fine, I'd go with a ProM 80mm if you are trying to lean your car out a little.

dewone
09-20-2004, 02:03 PM
When you instal the K&N FIPK they have you remove the screen. not needed.

tazzracing1
09-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Thank You for the tip.I also found out why my car ran so rich they installed a colder thermostat. I found out only because the house ended up having a fracture that finally cracked all the way through.