PDA

View Full Version : It has arrived. Got my 04 today!!

NewFoundPower
09-17-2004, 10:50 PM
It has been a long day but I finally got my 04. I couldn't be happier. Parkway Ford was so easy to deal with and David Phillips was awesome. I usually look forward to buying a car like catching the plague but David made this process extremely easy and enjoyable for me. You honestly couldn't ask for a better guy. Anyway, it rained all the way from Wilmington to Winston Salem (3 1/2 drive) but it was well worth it. I have some pics I will post later of David and I at the dealership. Thanks to everybody for their advice through this whole process and hooking me up with David. I look forward to meeting some of you guys. Tony, my applicatoin is on the way!!!!!!

-D-

cobrabitn
09-17-2004, 10:52 PM
Wish you had stayed in WS because we have a show in Charlotte at the speedway tomorrow. If you want to come up on Sunday or Saturday and get the car broke in, come on! Hope you get to enjoy the car as much as I enjoy mine. :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
09-17-2004, 11:18 PM
Oh man. That sucks. I would have loved to come. Big Daddy suggested I do the Tail of the Dragon run later this year with everybody. I am really looking forward it. I do have a quick question though, how do I get my SVT certificate with my car number? Do I have to contact SVT myself. Thanks.

-D-

cobrabitn
09-17-2004, 11:22 PM
You do not have to contact SVT as they will mail it to you since you just bought the car. Just be patient, you just got the car...now they have to get their records straight... :rotf:

You definitely have to do the Dragon with us in October. It's going to be a blast this year! :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
09-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Haha! Yeah, I guess a little patience wouldn't hurt, guess I used most of it up this past week waiting to get the car. It is cool because Big Daddy actually stays in my apartment complex so I have gotten to hang out with him a little. He has promised me a ride in that monster of his when he brings it back down here. Looking forward to it. :D

SVTcobra04
10-04-2004, 06:41 PM
congrats on gettin your new cobra.

ausie
10-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Congrats on your new Cobra!
They stay tame if you can keep your foot from hitting the floor.
Today on my way home from work I decided to see just how much power my 04 has while going up a steep hill in my parents neighborhood. First gear and let the clutch out slowly with a little throttle and then applied the brakes. I was not hard on the throttle (1k to 2k RPM) but the wheels were spinning. If I had tried this in my 01 it would have stalled. I can't wait to hit the track next spring and see what this thing is capable of in stock form.

I called SVT today, they said that the Certificates should be out by December of this year.

Have fun and play safe, and always wear your helmet, oops, I mean seat belt. :D

NewFoundPower
10-12-2004, 11:25 AM
Thanks. I have really been enjoying the car. I had a 93 cobra a few years ago with a ton of mods. It was putting around 500hp to the rear wheels and I thought it was fast. I swear I think my 04 is quicker. The torque in these monsters is amazing. I am really happy.

-D-