PDA

View Full Version : Best springs?

venomous
09-20-2004, 04:24 PM
I am looking for The best drag springs. If I go straight drag would that mean I would give up my handling on curvy roads? How are 95 Cobra R springs? I am totally oblivious when it comes to suspension. I am also looking for a nice lowered ride. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbsup:

Firme
09-20-2004, 05:16 PM
I am looking for The best drag springs. If I go straight drag would that mean I would give up my handling on curvy roads? How are 95 Cobra R springs? I am totally oblivious when it comes to suspension. I am also looking for a nice lowered ride. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :thumbsup:

for the best drag racing setup, you would need a drag launch setup, but you also seem to want handling, which will land you with a street setup. I personally preach H&R springs. They are very nice. And from what I have personally seen, people with H&R's here hold the fastest times at the drag strip and the auto-x. IE the fastest bolt-on GT's I've seen, around and fastest mustang at the Auto-x that I have personally seen without coil-overs.

venomous
09-20-2004, 11:23 PM
Thanks Firme where can I get the H&R Springs? You say I should stay away form Coil Overs? What do they do anyways? What about front springs? Does Steeda, Kenny Brown, or MM carry these Street Springs? I have no clue about this stuff as you can tell! Thanks for the help! :bounce: :thumbsup:

venomous
09-20-2004, 11:40 PM
I just got on H&R's Website and they have three types to choose from:
Sport Spring
Race Spring
Super Race
Which one would be the best??? :doubt: All are $349 for the kit.

Firme
09-21-2004, 12:16 AM
doh, didn't know you were considering coil-overs also.

my opinion is Coil-overs>regular springs

here is a few good resources

http://www.maximummotorsports.com/HRsprings.asp maximum motorsports spec sheet for H&R's.. give you an idea of what the difference in springs types are.

here is a FAQ about coil-overs... it will answer alot of questions for you
http://www.maximummotorsports.com/coiloverFAQ.asp

also, Houston Perfornace has good pricing on H&R's