PDA

View Full Version : Cold Air Intake

Skill
09-22-2004, 12:27 AM
Was just wondering what brand everyone is going with on the cold air intake??? Thank you.......Skill:thumbsup:

AHHHSUM
09-22-2004, 10:59 AM
upr and it works great

NewFoundPower
09-22-2004, 11:16 AM
I have heard alot of good things about JLT's intake. Go to www.jlttruecoldiar.com (http://www.jlttruecoldiar.com) . They even paint it to match the color of your car which is pretty cool in my book.

-D-

Red03
09-22-2004, 05:35 PM
I have good things about the JLT kit also. Tony has the full RAI on his mystic, he would be a great source of info on the JLT. I have the K&N FIPK on mine and love it. Can really hear the SC spin up. Mine dyno'd at 435 RWHP with the K&N and Bassani exhaust, a great bang for the buck.

Skill
09-22-2004, 06:55 PM
I have heard alot of good things about JLT's intake. Go to www.jlttruecoldiar.com (http://www.jlttruecoldiar.com/) . They even paint it to match the color of your car which is pretty cool in my book.

-D-www.jlttruecoldair.com (http://www.jlttruecoldair.com) I checked it out and looks good, but does anyone know what do you get out of the MAF sensor being in the fenderwell??
Another that looks good is www.densecharger.com (http://www.densecharger.com) ,this set-up is also in the fender but with the MAF under the hood still.
I really can't believe in the filter under the hood deal,they look nice but your sucking hot air in your engine and that alum shield that they give with it just retains more heat.Any input would be appreciated........Skill

cobrabitn
09-22-2004, 08:15 PM
Check the front page of the website for my JLT cold air write up! :thumbsup:

www.svtcobraclub.com

crunchit
09-22-2004, 11:56 PM
I recently installed a K&N. the only difference I notice is when the AC is on. Helps eliminate some of the drag. Perhaps It doesn't get enough air?

Big T
09-24-2004, 11:55 PM
BBK. Looks very nice. Lots of bling. Sounds nice. You can hear the air being sucked in.

Skill
09-25-2004, 12:09 AM
BBK. Looks very nice. Lots of bling. Sounds nice. You can hear the air being sucked in.Ya, you can hear the hot air being sucked in right?? I personally think those setups are more show than go-why suck hot when you can suck cold??thanks.........Skill

Dave B.
09-25-2004, 01:17 AM
Its my understanding that its best to stay away from any of the ones that have the 90% turn to get to the wheel well, everyone I have talked to about this says the extra turn just to get into the well is just not worth it, I have one of the first kits RPM outlet, which is just a big ass K&N with a piece of plastic sheild guard and an adaptor to fit the K&N on the end of the stock mass air meter, I have sence replaced the stock air meter with there 95 MM and the K&N fits right on it perfect.
this is the deal that all of us should consider,
If you like me, do not have the type that makes a 90% turn, is sitting still at a traffic light yes of couse hot air is filling the compartment and thus getting into the idling engine, however, once you start moving and getting on it fresh colder air is forcing its way from the front anyway and even though we suffer from off the start because the hot engine compartment air it does not take very long at all for the hotter air to be replaced as colder air is pushed into the engine compartment through the hole in the fender well. I can notice it working in this manor, after sitting for a minute or so it may feel slightly doggy a little but once I get to any speed at all the hotter air is flushed out. you can now see how car running in a stationary possition on a dyno could show a whole differant affect as it gets no air change out.

cobrabitn
09-25-2004, 08:43 AM
From my understanding, if you have a metal kit then you MAY have idling issues. One thing about the JLT, it's made from PVC conduit to not keep the heat from being retained.

Skill, I don't think it is the air Big T is hearing being sucked in but rather the supercharger whine becoming louder due to less air flow restriction.

At any ldle, I don't want my Cobra feeling doggy. :) I've never seen a hole in the fender well?? Most air will be coming through the front grill area so pull that pony out and put in that snake so you are blocking less air. :rotf:

HTH

Dave B.
09-25-2004, 01:19 PM
I think the extra wine your talking about is the supercharger cavatating, the longer the tube that thing has to such air through, yes the louder the wine, but more importantly less air into the engine due to cavatation,,,,,,six and a half,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or,,,,,a,,,,,,,dosen!!

Travis
09-25-2004, 04:07 PM
I am happy with my Steeda

Travis
09-25-2004, 04:08 PM
I think the extra wine your talking about is the supercharger cavatating, the longer the tube that thing has to such air through, yes the louder the wine, but more importantly less air into the engine due to cavatation,,,,,,six and a half,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or,,,,,a,,,,,,,dosen!! or pulleys

Skill
09-26-2004, 12:14 AM
I thank all of you for your replies.I got some Flowmaster 40 series Delta Flows put on today and I ordered the JLT "TRUE" Cold Air Intake last Wednesday.I should recieve it Monday and I will let everyone know how it turns out.take care.......Skill

Cobrizo
09-26-2004, 10:30 AM
I have the JLT CAI with silver flames tipped in red. I also had Jay paint the pulley guard torch red. Love the performance with the CAI and the engine bay looks cool to boot. :)

Pam

nckissfan
09-26-2004, 10:56 AM
I know I am in the wrong area, but, do y'all think the strut tower brace would be in the way of the JAI kit on my 97 Cobra. I really like the looks, and performance numbers this thing puts out.

Cobrizo
09-27-2004, 10:00 AM
My buddy who installed my CAI said he's pretty sure it would be in the way, but he mentioned that you should contact Jay, he'd know for sure. He's a super guy and a very decent businessman. He'll be straight with you. :thumbsup:

Pam

nckissfan
09-27-2004, 06:04 PM
thanks, I have emailed him. He said it would be in the way:( . I guess I will have to look for another kind.