PDA

View Full Version : Blower pulley and size

Skill
09-23-2004, 04:38 PM
Can anybody recommend what brand blower pulley to with and what size?? Thanks...........Skill

cobrabitn
09-23-2004, 11:28 PM
I hear a lot of the 03/04 owners go with Metco pulleys and idler. :thumbsup:

Dave B.
09-24-2004, 12:17 AM
RPM OUTLET ALL THE WAY!!
I have all there stuff, 2.80 blower pulley, then you must put an aux-idler pulley on or you eat belts like they were free, then you must change out all of you standard idler pulleys to the high quality free wheeling ones RPM OUTLET carries I think they are motoblue, but they are great, if you dont replace your stock ones you stand a chance on having one of them collaps on you under boost, theres a lot of force on those idler pulleys when you have a smaller blower pulley and the stock ones are not only too weak, but they are high drag, when I changed mine out, I stuck my finger through the hole and tried to spin it,,,,no spin, bad design, but the RPM outlets ones when you put one of those on your finger it spins very very freely, I think they claim 5 or 6 HP from changing the pulleys alone, if you add up all the drag with all those stock pulleys It could be possible.
I have there accufab throttle body, BIG IMPROVMENT, I will tell you this, I have only there Magnaflo X-pipe and Cat bac, the car sounds like a V-12 lambo or a big V-8 Farrari, a very exotic sound, not raspy at all,

Travis
09-25-2004, 04:09 PM
definately go with Steeda..
i would use a 2.8 w/ an idler, and if you planning on keeping the eaton then get a 2 lbs for the lower, it wont strain so much

Silver03Snake
09-26-2004, 02:34 PM
Search SVTperformance.com on how RPMOutlet treats it's cutomers. Many have had many problems. I ordered and Accufab throotle body and the one I received was used. They would not replace it and fortunately for me Accufab did.

The best thing to do with mods is to get them from someone that also is a good tuner. Even if they are a little higher in price, the help and support they will give will more than offset a price difference. Most will give free reburns if you buy future mods from the them. I recommend JDM or South Florida pulley who uses JDM for chips. They sell Metco lowers and the uppers are S. Fla. Pulley. With an upper over 3 inch, you really don't need an idler pulley especially if you use a non slip. Get interchangeable pulley systems because you are going to want to swap sooner or later. You can also run one size for the street and then have one for the track.

gnxs
09-27-2004, 10:50 AM
I've had good luck with my 2.76 Billetflow Non-Slip, 100mm idler and 74 in Gates belt. 10,000 plus pullied miles, no issues.

smashedheadcat
09-30-2004, 01:55 AM
There are tons to choose from. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them honestly. I personally like billetflow. The best auxiliary idler pulley out there is probably metco's though. Motoblue, billetflow, south florida, reichard racing, steeda, amazon racing all have great pulley setups. Really, all you'll need is the blower pulley and the aux. idler. The other idlers are for bling bling reasons.