PDA

View Full Version : spring color???

esoteric781
09-24-2004, 12:14 AM
Hey, I was rotating my tires last night and I've had a question for everyone here that has an 01 cobra, what color are the stock springs? I've felt that my car is lowered since I bought the thing, my car is nowhere near the "4x4" stance that everyone talks about. I'd post some pictures but because the file is too big, I can't, I'll try and post them over at cardomain soon, see if that works, then get a link up here to them. But yeah, I was wondering what color the stock springs are, because after rotating the tires last night, I noticed that the springs I have in there now are kind of a dark bluish/purple color. I wouldn't be surprised if the car is lowered, not too long ago after having the car for 5 months, I found out I have a steeda tri-ax shifter, I've got to check to see if I have a computer chip or not soon. Any help would be great, either way I want new springs and shocks/struts soon lol.

Firme
09-24-2004, 12:58 AM
My 01 Stock spring were black..

You definitely have aftermarket springs.

They usually have a branding on them, but you might be able to see it.

I know the H&R sport springs are dark blue, might be those.

White98SVT
09-24-2004, 02:24 AM
The color that you are describing sounds like Steeda springs to me. Mine are that same "blue-ish purple" color. Seeing as you have a Tri-Ax also, I wouldn't be suprised if they are.

Your car should have a slightly lowered stance, but in no way looked "slammed".

ausie
09-24-2004, 07:24 AM
my 01 still has the "car left the gound look" or 4x4 stance that everybody complains about. As with stock parts and if they are cast iron or steel, they are any color you want as long as it is black. I still even have the tags on the springs (orang tag and a white bar code). Springs and struts/shocks are soon to be replaced with something else.

wrenchturner
09-24-2004, 08:17 PM
4x4 here too... think I should have gotten some nice 35x17's mudders for it. Not the 275/40/17's LOL Also soon to change this winter.

casey99COBRA
09-24-2004, 10:41 PM
i'm changing my springs too... too much space between the tires and body.

96MysticSVT
09-24-2004, 11:21 PM
The color that you are describing sounds like Steeda springs to me. Mine are that same "blue-ish purple" color. Seeing as you have a Tri-Ax also, I wouldn't be suprised if they are.

I agree, my Steeda springs are a blue-ish purple as well. They also have the STEEDA name painted on them, but if they have any road grime on them it might be difficult to see.

esoteric781
09-26-2004, 10:55 PM

ok, so it definitely sounds and looks like I have the steeda springs, not bad, but I really don't like the stance of the car, one side is like an inch lower than the other in the back and the front end needs to sit lower than it does to even out, I'm thinking I might go with the eibach set up, my friend has that, the whole springs/shocks/strut eibach deal there, it looks nice and even, and rides awesome, but we'll see. oh, here's some pictures of my car that I just took the other day and posted over at cardomain.com...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/575844

check that out and let me know what you all think, especially with the camber plates, what's going on there???

esoteric781
09-27-2004, 11:22 PM
ok, so I went and got the measurements that a few people have asked for to see if my car is lowered or not, here goes...

wheel wells...
- fender to ground = 26.5" (driver's side, rear), 27.5" (driver's side, front)
- fender to ground = 27" (passenger side, rear), 27.5" (passenger side, front)

bumper
- fender to ground = 11.5" (rear)

hope that helps to figure out which springs i have :bounce: