PDA

View Full Version : Oct. 9th SCMC 2nd Annual East TN Ted Russell Car Show

Hazman
09-24-2004, 04:44 AM
OK folks post up here if you are planning on coming to the car show this year! Weather is looking good these days and we need a big turnout for this show. Look forward to seeing you there! :thumbsup: :bounce: :D

List of folks registered so far:
1. Craig Akers Paris, KY 03 Mustang Cobra
2. James Kozuch Maryville, TN 66 Mustang Fastback
3. Steve Lorah Knoxville, TN 03 Mustang Cobra Vert
4. David Evans Knoxville, TN 92 Mustang Hatchback
5. Pete Broockman Maryville, TN 98 Mustang GT Vert
6. Norman Crowe Knoxville, TN 99 Mustang Cobra Vert
7. Brett Marshall Knoxville, TN 98 Mustang Cobra
8. Earl Martin Richmond, VA 03 Mustang Cobra
9. Amber Rockwell Kingsport, TN Mustang Cobra
10. Rick McNutt Knoxville, TN 97 Mustang Cobra Vert

venomnous99
09-24-2004, 06:03 PM
I will definitely be there. Not going to show the car though, but me and the cobra will be there. If you need anything, please let me know. I live 10 min from there, so please let me know.

Hazman
09-24-2004, 06:30 PM
Why not enter the show. 16 classes, prize for 1st thru 3rd equals 48 winners. Go for it!!! :thumbsup:

tnturbo
09-24-2004, 06:39 PM
I'll probably show my car, but will be at the show for sure. I hope they encourage burnouts in front of the dealership again. :vampsmile

cobrabitn
09-24-2004, 11:33 PM
Ken,

Why not show the car? You not only support the club financially but we give $$ to charity out of those funds. It's a local charity in Knoxville, TN. It also shows our members care and support this organization. Also, I believe they are doing the free lunch so look at it as paying for your lunch. Lastly, if you do win, we have some really neat plaques we are giving out.

:thumbsup:

venomnous99
09-25-2004, 09:05 AM
Well, I guess since you put it that way, I have nothing to lose! So I will be there and be in the show. Oh, by thw way Tony have the window decals come in yet?

Big Daddy
09-25-2004, 09:31 AM
I'm planning on coming over. HOWEVER, we are turning on the ERP software system I've been working on for about a year on 10/1. IF everything is running as planned and I get my car tuned on Friday the 8th then I'll make the treck up I26 to I81 down to I40 cause one lane traffic across I40 sounds like NO FUN to me! :D

nckissfan
09-25-2004, 10:03 AM
yeah, that one lane deal sounds kind of crappy

Hazman
09-25-2004, 11:23 AM
So take the southern route across the DRAGON!!!! :eek: :thumbsup: :bounce:

cobrabitn
09-25-2004, 11:50 AM
Ken,

I haven't figured out the problem with the decals yet but I'll get to the bottom of it. I won't cash your check till I get them ready to ship. I have three items on back order and this is getting a little frustrating because I like to get merchandise out ASAP! By next week or so, I plan to do an inventory check and order a bunch of shirts and other merchandise so we can stop the delay in shipping. Once merchandise goes with on line payment and we get new items, I'll be swamped with doing orders and such.

We did get our first on line member this week and renewal so that's pretty cool.... :cool:

HPT BANDIT
09-25-2004, 02:31 PM
I plan on being there.

venomnous99
09-26-2004, 11:38 AM
Ken,

I haven't figured out the problem with the decals yet but I'll get to the bottom of it. I won't cash your check till I get them ready to ship. I have three items on back order and this is getting a little frustrating because I like to get merchandise out ASAP! By next week or so, I plan to do an inventory check and order a bunch of shirts and other merchandise so we can stop the delay in shipping. Once merchandise goes with on line payment and we get new items, I'll be swamped with doing orders and such.

We did get our first on line member this week and renewal so that's pretty cool.... :cool:

That's fine Tony, I understand when it comes to shipping and timeschedules. Just a little impatient also. Can't wait to tag the cobra!!! Anyway, I do understand and whenever they come in, just let me know. Thanx for all that you do. It has to be a hard, and like you said sometimes frustrating job. But hey, I think you're doing a hell of a job. This club is everything I needed and wanted from a club, and I have you to thank. SO THANK YOU. I can wait, just let me know.

cowboyharry
10-04-2004, 10:22 PM
I will be there but not for the whole day. I need to be at 3 places at once on the 9th. I will have to leave early. Say around 11;30. Unless I can get someone to take my car for me.

cowboyharry
10-04-2004, 10:29 PM
Or I could just leave my car there ifn some one could drive me home over here in Karns.

mojogator
10-05-2004, 10:47 PM
We're gonna try and make it up from Hendersonville in our FFR/Cobra. My ears are still ringing from the 2 hour drive to the Fords at the Falls show Saturday.;)

venomnous99
10-06-2004, 08:12 AM
Well I haven't registered yet, but I will Sat morning. Been having some probs with the old girl. But it is driveable now, and I will be there. So how clean does this car need to be to show it. Been under it for the last two weeks, and can't say as I have kept up with the cleaning. It will be clean, but what do I need to do to get it show clean. Been to many car shows, but never been in one. What are the judges looking for, and where are the secret places they will look? Anyway, I will have to tape the Red River Shootout, and my Texas team. But then I can watch it later, as long as the wife don't spoil it and tell me the outcome. Hope to meet alot of the members. Haven't been very active because the job has me on the road alot, but now I should be around for a while. Now I get to have fun with the crew, and the snakes.

lorahcobra
10-08-2004, 05:48 PM
Don't worry about detailing if you don't have time...clean it best you can and be there! :bounce: :bounce: Participation is far more important. :thumbsup: We need to have a good showing...maybe we'll pick up some more new members for the club again this year! :bounce: See ya there!

Coil99
10-08-2004, 09:28 PM
I'll be there tomorrow.

BTW, I received the "invitiation letter" from Ted R. in the mail today.

cobrabitn
10-08-2004, 09:46 PM
Stuart at Ted Russell told me they sent out over 300 invitations for this show. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it beats out the Parkway event! :thumbsup: Good luck to all of you and I hope you enjoy the event immensely!

Coil99
10-10-2004, 12:02 PM
I hope you enjoy the event immensely!

I did! Great time.

venomnous99
10-10-2004, 07:15 PM
I have to agree. I had a great time!!! Got to meet alot of the people I have talked to on the internet and put the names with the faces. And you were right Tony, it was worth the registration. Hell even came home with a plaque, although not many in my class to compete with, but still had a great time.

cobrabitn
10-10-2004, 08:08 PM
I'm glad you both had a good time. Going to our shows is a great way to learn more about your car, our club, and it allows you to make new friends. :thumbsup:

venomnous99
10-10-2004, 08:59 PM
I also have a few of your cars at the first Auto x. Edmond made me a link. Hope this works. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/movies/kg/

venomnous99
10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
I know that at least Brett's Yellow, I belive Tony's Red, Rick's White Vert, and a Black 96-98 Cobra. Oh and it also has my one of my dyno runs from Charlotte.

tnturbo
10-11-2004, 01:16 PM
the black car in the first video is mine

mus302
10-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Hate that it rained and things got cut short. Got there about 2:30 about 30 minutes after the awards were handed out and everyone left. Will make sure to get there earlier next time so I can meet everyone.