PDA

View Full Version : Side Scoop is falling off. Help!

NewFoundPower
09-25-2004, 09:36 PM
I noticed today that my side scoop is falling off behind the driver's side door. I know that most of you are probably gonna say "take it to the dealer" but to be honest, I hate doing that. When I had my last cobra I took it to the dealer and specifically told them not to let anyone take it for a joy ride. Well guess what, one of the young techs and clipped somebody with my front bumper. To say that I was furious would be an understatement. Needless to say I have dreaded taking any of my cars to a dealership for fear of a recurrence of this. Can I fix the scoop myself? Does it just detach from the side of the car? Can I use an epoxy to glue it back and if so, what kind. Thanks.

-D-

cobrabitn
09-25-2004, 10:29 PM
David,

I wouldn't use any type of adhesive as I believe they are bolted on. If you feel insecure about letting the dealer fix it, then why don't you just stay with the car and watch what they do with it. You can always check the odometer like I do and see if they went for a joy ride. :thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
09-26-2004, 12:08 AM
Thanks Tony. I'll take your advice and make an appointment for it and wait while they fix it. I wouldn't think that it would take too long to get it fixed. I swear, I hate going to the dealer worse than going to the doctor's office but I want it done right the first time. If I do find out that they did go for a joy ride, is there really anything I can do about it?

cobrabitn
09-26-2004, 01:06 AM
Report it to the management at the dealership. I suggest making friends with someone at the dealership and specifiying they are the only one you want working on the car or can drive it. That will help some. If all else fails, give them a poor rating on the service survey. That will get you some attention to have the problem resolved.

Let us know how it turns out?

:)

NewFoundPower
09-26-2004, 11:09 AM
I will, thanks.

-D-

93KingCobra
09-26-2004, 06:01 PM
Just to let you know the side scoops are just held on by plastic clips.

Hope that helps

Phil

NewFoundPower
09-26-2004, 07:00 PM
Thanks KingCobra, I actually figured that out this morning. Since it happened last night I couldn't really see how it was attached but first thing this morning I went out and got a good look at it. With a little fiddling, I got the screw back into the hole and now the scoop is as good as new. Whewwww, what a relief. No dealer for me!! LOL!

SVTcobra04
10-04-2004, 03:23 PM
you have prob seen my thread about the dealer not really telling me the truth but i hate the dealer i go to also.i called them and called them and no one returns your calls. talk about poor service.they were really good when i was buying my cobra.but now that im not buying anything they just dont care.