PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to beat an 02 SS!!!

venomous
09-26-2004, 12:41 PM
There is a boy that lives up the road from me that has an 02 Automatic ss Camaro. I raced him one night in my manual 95 gt with exhaust. I pulled him off the line but he naturally beat me. The thing is he didn't beat me that bad. I have a 95 cobra now with an o/r h-pipe, pullies, and 3:73 gears. What else would it take for me to beat him to the next light without supercharging or NOS? This boy's head is really too big to fit in his car right now and it needs to be shrunk down a bit! ;) I believe he told me he has around 350 hp? If that sounds right. Any help would be appreciated!:thumbsup:

93Snake
09-27-2004, 12:39 PM
He probably has about 350 HP at the crank. If you really know your car, and he can't drive too well, you may be able to beat him right now. I beat a kid in my town who had an 01 SS. We ran from about a 20 roll to about 80. I pulled him down low and kept my nose just ahead of him for the whole race. He accused me of having nitrous because in his words "No Mustang has ever been able to keep up with my SS". I just caught him where my Cobra shines (top of 2nd gear) and was able to hold him off. If we would have went much past 80, he would have left me in a hurry.

Your gears and the 5.0 torque might be able to hold him off stoplight to stoplight. The LS1 engine is not a torque monster, but once it gets up in the RPMs, watch out! Those things fly. My brother had a modded 98 LS1 and I got to know that engine pretty well.

venomous
09-27-2004, 06:18 PM
93 snake, what mods do you have? I was thinking with a full exhuast and a MAc Straight shot mass Air system I could hold him pretty well to the next stoplight? Thanks for your reply!! :thumbsup: Can't wait to see him again! :bounce: :bounce:

93Snake
09-28-2004, 11:20 AM
My car has offroad h-pipe, 2 chamber Flowmasters, and a K&N when I raced him. He should have beat me, but he was not the best driver. Now, my timing has been advanced, so I picked up a few more ponys :bounce:

venomous
09-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Thats awesome man. Your car is also than mine so that might be an advantage. :doubt: Thanks for the help! :thumbsup:

Jesse99
09-28-2004, 12:09 PM
I have to say, you should be able to out run that ss with what you have.. My friend David with his ss Camaro auto is only pushing 325hp at the rear wheels.. although he his pushing more hp than me I can still beat him.. Try to use as much of your rpm as possible ( I don't shift out until 6500rpm).. if you take off in front of him and use all your hp you should be able to take him.. (An advise my Dad once told me.. It's not the HP your pushing that makes a great car.. It's the driver that makes the car great.. :thumbsup: )

SVTCobra96
09-29-2004, 06:00 PM
ven im gettin a 95 gt and i was wondering what would u do to it since u had one im def doin slp loudmouth exhaust. 3:73 gears. intake. shifter. jw what else u would add cant afford a cobra right now so im going with a trusty 5.0

venomous
09-29-2004, 06:35 PM
ven im gettin a 95 gt and i was wondering what would u do to it since u had one im def doin slp loudmouth exhaust. 3:73 gears. intake. shifter. jw what else u would add cant afford a cobra right now so im going with a trusty 5.0
First thing I would do is get an O/R H-pipe, then catback, then headers, and basic bolt ons. If you are really wanting to make some power I would go with a good set of heads, cam, and intake manifold! Get a good suspension, that way you can put the power to the ground! A Gt is an awesome car to work on. Hope this helps some! :thumbsup: