PDA

View Full Version : Need to find a body shop

mystksnk_631
09-26-2004, 07:59 PM
I was wanting to know if anyone in the Houston area knows a good place for minor body repair/ paint. A while back someone hit my car door with their car door I suppose and now it has some dings in it. It bothers me every time I see it and want to try and get it fixed. It might also need a little paint in those areas and with the mystic paint I just want to make sure it's done right. Thanks. Russell

msmap
09-26-2004, 08:09 PM
Hello and welcome! There is a guy on here Jimmysidecar who had his mystic fixed after a fender bender at the Lincoln dealer on I 45 in Spring. Hopefully he will chime in here to tell ya about it. He was pleased.

venomous
09-26-2004, 08:38 PM
Have you ever thought about a paintless dent remover, such as Dent Wizard?

Firme
09-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Hi Russell :hello: welcome to the boards.

There is a paintless dent remover in town (like venomous said) that is just awesome. My friend had a huge ding on the door of his 03 Lightning, at a bad spot of the door, that looked like it needed paint. His body shop told him that they didn't think it would be fixable by a paintell dent remover, and that it would cost them 400+ to fix and repaint it (bondo). But the paintless dent repair guys he used did it. These guys come to you, and fix the ding (they fixed it in the parking lot of his work). You could not even tell it even happened, and the door did not need to be repainted after all.

They use some sort of lights to see and repair the ding correctly.

I believe their website is http://www.e-mobileworks.com/homepage.html . Simply awesome work. (for his it was 125 for the repair, at first he though it was a little steep, but after he saw the work, he said it was worth every penny)

I will verify tomorrow (monday) that these are the exact guys he used.

mystksnk_631
09-26-2004, 09:17 PM
Thanks for the info given so far. That would be nice if I could use the dent removal method, i'll check in with them and see what they have to say, never hurts. I would also like to hear from the mystic owner (Jimmysidecar) who had the work done to his car.

Maybe ill be able to get this taken care of before the October 31 car show, I entered the last one and had a great time, and want to make it out really bad.

97CasperCobra
09-26-2004, 09:39 PM
Do you work at Target?? Think I may have seen you around. I know of a GREAT Paintless Dent Repair guy who's local and cheap. PM me and I'll let ya know. Hope to see ya around man. :thumbsup:

mystksnk_631
09-26-2004, 09:46 PM
Haha ya I do work for target

jimmysidecarr
09-26-2004, 11:13 PM
Hey man!!!
I work at Northwood Lincoln Mercury....Parts guy :thumbsup:
When I wrecked my Mystichrome(04)...... I wanted to.... :barf: :banghead:
I had it towed(even though it was driveable) to work...
My body shop manager said "we can fix that so you won't even know it's been hit!"
Well...... It was no bs...
They did an awsome job!
The gang in the club went over it with a fine tooth comb....
And even when I told them where the new paint stopped and old started.... They all said they couldn't tell!
The managers name is Joe.... He's an old gearhead like me!.... only a bit older.
If the dentless route doesn't pan out...
Bring it down and have him look it over...
We do way above average body work!
We de-molding our cars before shooting so there is no taped edge to show!... Just like the restoration shops do!

Even if you don't use us....
There are several super high quality body shops around that specialize in ULTRA HIGH QUALITY paint.

Another one I know and like..... is... Casarie's Paint and Body .
He uses Glaserite(spelling?).... german paints, and Dupont...does lots of BMWs, and Porsches, and customs...
Top shelf paint work!!!

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Twice Bitten
09-27-2004, 12:15 AM
Do you work at Target?? Think I may have seen you around. I know of a GREAT Paintless Dent Repair guy who's local and cheap. PM me and I'll let ya know. Hope to see ya around man. :thumbsup:

Are you talking about Joe Agrette of Quality Dent Repair? I have used him on my truck for 3 dents and 1 on Frankenstang, wich was a hard one, it was on the rear quarter panel above the fake air duct :thumbsup:

mystksnk_631
09-27-2004, 12:16 AM
Sounds great, im going to go around Tuesday and talk to the leads ive recieved. Thanks to all for the info, and i look forward to becoming a member very soon.

97CasperCobra
09-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Are you talking about Joe Agrette of Quality Dent Repair? I have used him on my truck for 3 dents and 1 on Frankenstang, wich was a hard one, it was on the rear quarter panel above the fake air duct :thumbsup:

Nope...this guys works for Dent Perfection. Been doing it for 12 years now and he does all the Toyota cars. :thumbsup:

John Chingasos
09-28-2004, 01:27 AM

Can you post his number??? I have lots of work for this guy