PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the memories.....(austin cruise)

msmap
09-26-2004, 06:17 PM
Whew, back home a bit ago. 448 miles of cruising time this weekend for me. It was fantastic. The weather turned good after we got almost to Austin. The Oasis was great, a deffinite go there again kind of place :thumbsup: 6th St and the Dizzy Rooster :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Thanks to all who had a hand in setting up the drive, the hotel (even though we were awakened this time at 3:30 AM for a false fire alarm :eek: ) and the Oasis. A fantastic job, All :)

Carl G
09-26-2004, 07:03 PM
I agree with Sherri, Thanks to all that put their time and effort to make this a most enjoyable cruise. We got to see some new faces on this go round which was great plus good to see the gang from Austin, San Antonio, and the group from Dallas. The Oasis was a great idea and really good food. What can you say about Six street, lots of fun and great laughs with the gang from Houston. Cant wait till the next trip :thumbsup:

Firme
09-26-2004, 07:46 PM
I had a blast. Thanks to everyone for making this cruise a success, even though IVAN was trying to crash the party. I was extremely surprised at the awesome turnout we had despite the weather threat. Thanks to all the People from Houston, Dallas, San Antonio and Austin for making this a memorable time.

A special thanks to Matt and Chris, for being our Austin pace cars, as they took turns leading us through the hill county and bringing up (sweeping) the rear to make sure everyone went through ok.

It was nice doing the Hill County road again after doing the Dragon Run in Tennessee earilier this year for the clubs 5th anniversary. There are parts of the Hill country that are very similar to the Dragon.

Oh and 6th street was a blast. :thumbsup: I looked at my phone when the Fire alarm went off in the hotel, and it was 5:45. :mad: I still think it was Phil :D .

JBoden
09-26-2004, 07:50 PM
This Club Rocks! :cool:

97CasperCobra
09-26-2004, 08:43 PM
Wish I could have made it guys, sounded like a LOT of fun. Need to get my car in order, think it's been misfiring, and all so I can hang out with you guys a little more. I may come to the drive to Dallas this Sat, but I may need to ride with someone. My clutch has been feeling a little "light". :(

cobrapace94
09-26-2004, 09:39 PM
I'm still pissed I had to work saturday. One of these days I'll get to make one of these. As always it sounds like everyone had a great time, again.
Glad it went good & Ivan stayed away. Don't guess I'll listen to the weathermen, they sux.

Jesse99
09-26-2004, 09:44 PM
Wow, It was an awesome Cruise.. I'll also like to give a big :thumbsup: to Matt and Chris for an awesome job on keeping me caught up with everyone.. And as for the fire alarm, I'm glad it wasn't a real fire since I was :drunk: that night.. And I think next time Hollie will stay off the bar :woot: (:naughty: Yea right).. Also it was great seeing everyone again.. Thanks for all the fun.. :thumbsup:

JTSVT
09-26-2004, 11:26 PM
Damn, glad everyone had a great time and everthing turned out great....Wish I could have made it too.....Someone pulled out in front of me Friday night and now I have front damage (IE: Hood-Right fender-Right headlight-Front Bumper).....If anyone can suggest a good/reliable shop and perhaps a place that sells parts it would be appreciated....:( ....In any case get those pix/vids up....Hopefully once the car is fixed Ill finally get to meet up w/ ya'll----Jon

Firme
09-27-2004, 12:09 AM
Damn, glad everyone had a great time and everthing turned out great....Wish I could have made it too.....Someone pulled out in front of me Friday night and now I have front damage (IE: Hood-Right fender-Right headlight-Front Bumper).....If anyone can suggest a good/reliable shop and perhaps a place that sells parts it would be appreciated....:( ....In any case get those pix/vids up....Hopefully once the car is fixed Ill finally get to meet up w/ ya'll----Jon

DUDE.. That SUX :mad:

I hope you get her fixed up right. A shop I used is one that 03 Cobra Toy recommended, called Modena Autoworks (http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py?Pyt=Typ&name=Modena+Autowerks+Inc&desc=(832)+351-2886&csz=Houston+TX+77099&country=us&mag=8&cs=9&ed=4S3Xm6160SyzxhXx1QqqiOt1ybPTDBaUrSaooyVBwO5SbhIGWbgIAixeFw60RXokU71193.t1Q--)

Topless In Tex
09-27-2004, 02:53 AM
GEEZ
well, so much for us coming out. I cannot believe we missed it. I have not been online that much, the last few weeks, and TOTALLY forgot! But, I worked this weekend ,and Paul was asked to Crew for a MAJOR Boat Regatta this weekend! I will post up a link later. I AM REALLY SORRY I MISSED YA'LL! DAMMIT!
I sure want us to get together sometime soon! I still cant believe I missed it. I'm glad ya'll had a good time. Man, time is just going by TOO FAST! I missed ya'll. :( I wish I could have been there.
:banana:TNT:banana:

03sonicblueaus
09-27-2004, 01:57 PM
Don't forget to tell the no show ers that I have ESP. I think I dropped us to 30 about a minute b4 the 2 sherrifs came over the hill. I was running 85 up front until we found Tree hugger honda b***h.:banghead: Is 1431 a cool road or what. We need to get the cops to block it off between Lago and Marble Falls so we can make a real run.

Mephisto
09-27-2004, 02:21 PM
Yes, I also had an excellent time. I want to thank all organizers. I also want to thank Beth and "Jeff" :D for putting up with us, and I'm glad my room went to such a nice couple.

msmap
09-27-2004, 04:23 PM
I also want to thank Beth and "Jeff" :D for putting up with us, such a nice couple.

Oh yea, Beth and "Jeff" :D , you guys are great :thumbsup: Glad you found out about us, it was great to meet you :)

LadyCobra01'
09-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I hate I couldn't go!! :( Maybe when we do the 05' Spring Cruise!!

Kim