PDA

View Full Version : i think this was talked about before

casey99COBRA
09-27-2004, 01:27 AM
Basically yes.. the side of my car is a little banged up... And from the door being crushed i think it has triggered some of the electronics in the car (car horn when locking the car with the keyless entry [beeps more times], power door locks, and i'm also getting an air bag light when you first turn on the car, that stays on for quite some time before it goes out). My biggest concern; As of right now when i first start up the car, in my information center all the gauges max out and go all the way up, then go back down. what exactly does this mean and how do you get rid of it? It never did this before.

ausie
09-27-2004, 08:09 AM
I think that was talked about before. Exactly what the real cause is without not knowing what the code in the ECU is doing when that happens or when that is triggered. I suspect that the EPROM memory is reset, similar to disconnecting the battery for 1/2 hour. You may have a crack in the fues for the EPROM. Look in your Ford manual under fuses and find and replace the one(s) that list the EPROM memory. On the 2001 model (just for example) fuse # 21 is the instrument cluster and engine control memory. I will have to see what happens when the fuse is momentarily removed. That might be easier than disconnecting the battery every time I need to dump the EPROM.