PDA

View Full Version : Subframe Connectors

thexman10
09-28-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm wanting to get full length subframes for my car. My question is what you guys think I should do. Either have a set custom made by Jeff Gee or Bumberas (if they make them, got there name via SEARCH). Or have a set of Hans Racecraft or Maximum Motorsports installed by one of the places listed above. I'm sure that anything will be better than nothing. How is the quality of Jeff Gee's custom work? Any pics of his installed?

Firme
09-28-2004, 12:05 PM
I'm wanting to get full length subframes for my car. My question is what you guys think I should do. Either have a set custom made by Jeff Gee or Bumberas (if they make them, got there name via SEARCH). Or have a set of Hans Racecraft or Maximum Motorsports installed by one of the places listed above. I'm sure that anything will be better than nothing. How is the quality of Jeff Gee's custom work? Any pics of his installed?

Jeff Gee's SFC's are nice, Bart, Henry, and I (maybe some others) have his on our car. I don't have any pics on hand, but I have some somewhere.

His are nice, MM are nice also. Bumbera is nice but expensive. If you want real nice quality ones, Global West makes some of the sturdiest ones out there.

Any full length will make a big difference over stock.

msmap
09-28-2004, 01:51 PM
I have full length MM. Slater's put them on right.

Josh968
09-28-2004, 02:23 PM
Global West makes some of the sturdiest ones out there.

Global West is the bombdiggity.

97CasperCobra
09-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I've got the MM full lengths. HUGE difference.

Twice Bitten
09-30-2004, 11:35 PM
Subframes did not help my car untill they were tied in with a roll cage :D

97CasperCobra
09-30-2004, 11:38 PM
Subframes did not help my car untill they were tied in with a roll cage :D

:rolleyes: must be nice.

Twice Bitten
09-30-2004, 11:42 PM
Have the Kenny Brown extreme matrix brace on the R, but did so many things at one time, can not say for sure how much the helped, these are also have a cage tied into them :thumbsup:

Bartman01
10-01-2004, 12:38 AM
Jeff Gees are good enough that my wife (not a car person) noticed the difference from the passeger seat. That being said for an all out track/race application they don't have the additional bracing, seat tie ins, or jacking rails. You can still jack up the car using them, they just dont have the rails that extend out to the edge of the car.

For my purposes they are perfect, and he custom fits them to the car. He doesn't complete the final welds on the angles until after he fits them.

John Chingasos
10-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Jeff Gees are good enough that my wife (not a car person) noticed the difference from the passeger seat. That being said for an all out track/race application they don't have the additional bracing, seat tie ins, or jacking rails. You can still jack up the car using them, they just dont have the rails that extend out to the edge of the car.

For my purposes they are perfect, and he custom fits them to the car. He doesn't complete the final welds on the angles until after he fits them.

What he said

Josh968
10-01-2004, 10:18 AM
That being said for an all out track/race application they don't have the additional bracing, seat tie ins, or jacking rails. You can still jack up the car using them, they just dont have the rails that extend out to the edge of the car.

Global West has all that.

jimmysidecarr
10-01-2004, 04:36 PM
Global West has all that.

AND THEN SOME!!!!
PICS HERE------>http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6803

Jimmy :thumbsup: