PDA

View Full Version : coilovers???

spittincobra01
09-28-2004, 05:44 PM
this may be a stupid question to some of you but.... I currently have the "Club Sport" springs from Kenny Brown with Bilstein shocks/struts and I want to go with coilovers for the front. I know there are kits for the Bilsteins, but is there anywhere I can send the struts to have them converted... or any sugestions on how to go about doing this without buying new struts? thanks

SIUNARA
09-28-2004, 07:26 PM
You shouldn't have to buy new struts. The kit is for use with your current Bilstein's. What do you mean have the strut converted?

BOC- Beau
09-30-2004, 06:52 PM
I have dealt with several different front coil over kits, and I have decided that the kit from Maximum Motorsports is my favorite. They make a kit specifically for Bilstiens. There is no modification to the strut required with their kit. It just stacks up on top of it.

Levi
10-01-2004, 09:35 AM
I just installed the MM coilover package w/torg-arm and front/rear lower control arms. One word, Awesome. I will be hitting the track in two week and will let you all know how it turns out. :thumbsup:

spittincobra01
10-01-2004, 09:29 PM
I thought the top of the strut had to be threaded? I will be calling MM next week to get more info. Also, I don't know what model struts I got when I bought the kit from Kenny Brown so that will also be a variable on spring rate. so much to learn....

2KWhiteSnake
10-01-2004, 10:17 PM
I thought the top of the strut had to be threaded? I will be calling MM next week to get more info. Also, I don't know what model struts I got when I bought the kit from Kenny Brown so that will also be a variable on spring rate. so much to learn....

The MM kit uses perches and a threaded sleeve that slides over the existing Bilstein shock you have. Top notch kit with ultimate flexibility. I've got it all around on my 01'.

Craig

spittincobra01
10-02-2004, 10:21 AM
which cc plates do you have, and what size springs do you have... 8 vs 10 inch/400 lb/in etc. thanks for the reply

Levi
11-16-2004, 03:35 PM
I just installed the MM coilover package w/torg-arm and front/rear lower control arms. One word, Awesome. I will be hitting the track in two week and will let you all know how it turns out. :thumbsup:

Update: MM is the kit to get. I am totally happy with this set up. The car handled just like I hoped. At the track I ran around all weekend with some 03's and was able to give them a run for there money. We had a blast.

which cc plates do you have, and what size springs do you have... 8 vs 10 inch/400 lb/in etc. thanks for the reply

FRONT SUSPENSION
MM Coil-Over
BILSTEIN Struts Race Valved
HYPERCOIL 10" Springs 400 LB/IN Front
STEEDA 35 mm Tubular Front Swaybar
MM Caster/Camber Plates w/4 bolts
MM Front Lower Control Arms Forward Offset
W/Delrin Bushings.
MM Adjustable Tie Rod Ends
Urethane Steering Rack Bushings

REAR SUSPENSION
MM Coil-Over