PDA

View Full Version : Car wont stay on.....

JDawg1536
09-29-2004, 05:01 PM
When my gas tank gets on the low side, my car will start up and rev a little higher than normal, then it will fall back to 0 faster than it went up. I put gas in it and it is running fine. Could there be deposit build up or something of that nature?

flynfink
09-30-2004, 11:28 AM
fuel filter..or clogged pu screen.

casey99COBRA
09-30-2004, 03:16 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but what from what i hear, you always want to keep some amount of fuel in your vehicle... not doing so damges the fuel filter. And this may be what you are experiencing.

wrenchturner
09-30-2004, 08:08 PM
correct me if i'm wrong, but what from what i hear, you always want to keep some amount of fuel in your vehicle... not doing so damges the fuel filter. And this may be what you are experiencing.
Low fuel in the tank can cause a dirty screen on the pick up for the fuel and since the pump is in the tank its cooled by the fuel if you can believe that. I try to keep at least 1/4 tank in the car at the least.

casey99COBRA
09-30-2004, 11:07 PM
Low fuel in the tank can cause a dirty screen on the pick up for the fuel and since the pump is in the tank its cooled by the fuel if you can believe that. I try to keep at least 1/4 tank in the car at the least.
YEP!:thumbsup: