PDA

View Full Version : Whipple Supercharger Group Purchase

gnxs
10-01-2004, 01:50 PM
There is a Whipple Supercharger Group Purchase going on at Modular Fords. We're close to getting the 15 people we need to do the deal. Normally retail on the Whipple is $3,095 for the satin blower, GP price is $2,719.

Here's the link for those that may be interested:

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16124

NewFoundPower
10-01-2004, 04:56 PM
Just was wondering what is the hp difference between the Eaton and the Whipple? Is it really worth spending 3k on a new supercharger?

-D-

cobrastang03
10-01-2004, 05:12 PM
does it give the same hp gain as the kennen bell?

InfamousSVT
10-02-2004, 01:00 AM
A whipple supercharger upgrade is well worth the price. A Eaton supercharger is a "roots" type supercharger and the Whipple is a "screw" type. The screw type supercharger produces much more horse power and torque at the same boost then the "roots" without the boost lag! For example if an Eaton running 14psi produces 450hp, if you run the Kennen Bell or Whipple at the same 14psi you will be running closer to 500hp!
I've had the same question, and If I had the money right now I'd defenitely join in the group purchase!

LG2004Redfire
10-03-2004, 01:44 AM
15-17 psi w/pump gas with the whipple will produce 575-600 rwhp....you will also need, SCT MAF, 55-60LB injectors and twin focus pumps or equal.

gnxs
10-04-2004, 01:39 PM
15-17 psi w/pump gas with the whipple will produce 575-600 rwhp....you will also need, SCT MAF, 55-60LB injectors and twin focus pumps or equal.
:thumbsup: That sums it up nicely.

Travis
10-06-2004, 12:47 AM
ive been thinkin about the Whipple, but many people scared me off and told me how the kenne belle is better and a lot of whipples blow up?? plus ive go a new secret plan :bounce:

RF Cobra
10-10-2004, 10:13 PM
Is it really worth spending 3k on a new supercharger?

-D-
My answer would be no because people on this board have posted dyno numbers in the 600 hp range with the factory supercharger by doing the pulley, intake, exhaust, and computer mods which would also be needed with the new supercharger to get what would be similar results.

NewFoundPower
10-11-2004, 04:41 PM
Yeah, that is probably gonna be the route for me. Stock blower with engine upgrades for the time being. Who knows what will happen in the future but right now 500rwhp is my goal and I think it can be achieved by investing $3,000 into other parts as opposed to a new supercharger. But, I would like to hear what your new numbers are guys if/when you get the Whipple.

-D-

gnxs
10-12-2004, 03:29 PM
My answer would be no because people on this board have posted dyno numbers in the 600 hp range with the factory supercharger by doing the pulley, intake, exhaust, and computer mods which would also be needed with the new supercharger to get what would be similar results.
Nobody is even close to 600 rwhp on the stock Eaton Blower. Your average pullied, bolt-on cobra typically sees 460-480 rwhp.

gnxs
10-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah, that is probably gonna be the route for me. Stock blower with engine upgrades for the time being. Who knows what will happen in the future but right now 500rwhp is my goal and I think it can be achieved by investing $3,000 into other parts as opposed to a new supercharger. But, I would like to hear what your new numbers are guys if/when you get the Whipple.

-D-
If 500rwhp is your goal, the stock Eaton can get you real close with the right mods and a GREAT tune. A ported Eaton could put you over that number.

Grey03Cobra
10-16-2004, 10:17 AM
ive been thinkin about the Whipple, but many people scared me off and told me how the kenne belle is better and a lot of whipples blow up?? plus ive go a new secret plan :bounce:
Hello, I thought I'd throw in my .02, since I am running a Whipple. First off, I haven't heard of any Whipples blowing up. Whipple has been around for many years, and they have a good product.

The Whipple 2300AX is the exact same blower on the Ford GT. I figure if it is good enough to be warrantied on that car, then it is good enough for mine. I've had no problems with my set up whatsoever.

If you run the Whipple with the stock 13psi pulley, your stock fuel system is fine. You will need to get a good tune though. I am running 17psi, and the only fuel mods I have are 55 lb/hr injectors, and a Kenne Bell Boost-a-pump. You don't need SVT Focus fuel pumps. The two stock fuel pumps and the BAP are more than adequate for pushing 600rwhp. I've even seen some hit 700rwhp without changing the pumps.

Whipple recommends running higher than premium octane if you decide to go above 15psi. However, I'm running just fine on 91 octane pump gas.

I've also replaced my spark plugs with some that run 2 heat ranges lower in order to avoid detonation. That combined with the Apten cooling mod, larger HE, and Vortech coolant resevior ensure my engine runs nice and cool.

I can't stress enough the importance of getting a good dyno tune if you do swap the Eaton for the Whipple.

Just to clear some things up, the Whipple SC is actually made by Lysholm, and the Kenne Bell is a Lysholm design that Kenne Bell gets through Autorotor. Both blowers are good products. I only went with the Whipple because of the lower cost.