PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Comparison

Arch Angel
10-03-2004, 03:28 PM
People have PM'ed me asking to see the video of my different exhaust set up. Hope this helps some folks in making a decision on which to get for their cars.

http://www.piitb.com/Comparison.wmv

Firme
10-03-2004, 03:47 PM
Nick,

That is freaking awesome man.. I knew you changed your combo, but not that many times :D

I love the video, thank for posting it :thumbsup:, also, the cars sounds real good, such a mean sound :hail:

:what: when did you get the punisher trunk keyhole cover?

oh, :lol: at the URL

Arch Angel
10-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Nick,

That is freaking awesome man.. I knew you changed your combo, but not that many times :D

I love the video, thank for posting it :thumbsup:, also, the cars sounds real good, such a mean sound :hail:

:what: when did you get the punisher trunk keyhole cover?

oh, :lol: at the URLI had Barry make the Punisher thing for me. I'm going to start selling them for centercaps. :D

JBoden
10-03-2004, 08:33 PM
UNBELIEVABLE Nick - I must have replayed the video clip a dozen times. :D

Thanks

casey99COBRA
10-03-2004, 10:21 PM
may i ask the kind of tires you got on that bad boy, rims and size... (i'm drooling over everything) and that's a 99? Hot damn, i want my 99 to look like that. Got any side pics of your car?

Arch Angel
10-03-2004, 10:41 PM
may i ask the kind of tires you got on that bad boy, rims and size... (i'm drooling over everything) and that's a 99? Hot damn, i want my 99 to look like that. Got any side pics of your car?It's an 01. Tires = GoodYear GS-D3 (315). Wheels are Torque Thrust Ii (17x11)

casey99COBRA
10-03-2004, 11:00 PM
li or 2? what series? i'm running into quite a few here.
maybe an exact pic would help lol :flush:

Firme
10-03-2004, 11:39 PM
li or 2? what series? i'm running into quite a few here.
maybe an exact pic would help lol :flush:

II as in 2

Here are some of Arch Angels pic post in the Pic and Video forum

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6741

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6707

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6601

jimmysidecarr
10-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Nick's Cobra is one of the Nastiest most tastefully done 01s I have ever seen....
Plus he is a very cool guy....
Has his head screwed on straight...

And likes Pizza!!!!.............lol

Excellent vid Nick!!!!:D

Jimmy :thumbsup:

Codes
10-04-2004, 01:30 PM
I love you car...

sssvtcobra
10-04-2004, 03:07 PM
Nick,

First, I want to say, that is one sweet looking and sounding ride!!! :thumbsup:

Second, I was wondering if you had any "fit" issues putting on the '03 front and rear bumper covers. I am thinking of putting them on my car. I like how the embossed cobra is much larger on the rear. And I figure if I put on the rear, I might as well do the front.

Thanks in advance for any info
Jeff

Arch Angel
10-04-2004, 08:29 PM
Thanks everyone for the compliments. To answer the question about the bumpers, there is no fitment issues with the rear bumper. The front bumper only requires a very simple mod:

http://users.bestweb.net/~chili/bumper/hood_fix.jpg

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=329904&highlight=bumper

sssvtcobra
10-05-2004, 12:06 PM
Nick,

Hey, thanks for posting the pics and the info. I will be keeping those notes handy. Now if I can just get my hands on a set of used bumpers.

Jeff

mystksnk_631
10-08-2004, 04:29 PM
Arch Angel- Which set up are you currently running on your cobra?? Were the magnaflows the magnapacks or not?

Arch Angel
10-08-2004, 08:58 PM
Were the magnaflows the magnapacks or not?Not quite sure I really understand your question, but I have an O/R H-Pipe & Magnaflow Catback as stated in the video.

mystksnk_631
10-09-2004, 05:00 AM
Didnt mean to confuse. Magnaflow offers a cat-back with different mufflers that they call magnapacks.

96-984.6L V8, GT/Cobra, Magnapack System,
4x4x14" Muffler, 2.5" Tubing, Rear Exit, 3.5" Tip

96-984.6L V8, GT/Cobra,
4x9x14" Muffler, 2.5" Tubing, Rear Exit, 3.5" Tip
* MagnaPack systems feature special mufflers that offer a loud, aggressive tone

It doesn't look like they offer them for the newer cobras so i guess that anwsers my question. I was asking because I have the magnapacks and was trying to decide if i want a off road mid pipe or not because I have heard different things about the sound produce with the combo, and the clips on mustangexhaust still leave me unsure.

Arch Angel
10-09-2004, 11:52 AM
Didnt mean to confuse. Magnaflow offers a cat-back with different mufflers that they call magnapacks.

96-984.6L V8, GT/Cobra, Magnapack System,
4x4x14" Muffler, 2.5" Tubing, Rear Exit, 3.5" Tip

96-984.6L V8, GT/Cobra,
4x9x14" Muffler, 2.5" Tubing, Rear Exit, 3.5" Tip
* MagnaPack systems feature special mufflers that offer a loud, aggressive tone

It doesn't look like they offer them for the newer cobras so i guess that anwsers my question. I was asking because I have the magnapacks and was trying to decide if i want a off road mid pipe or not because I have heard different things about the sound produce with the combo, and the clips on mustangexhaust still leave me unsure.I know about Magnapacks, but these are just regular Magnaflows. If you have an O/R Mid-Pipe, then the Magnapacks will be way too loud. I've heard an O/R X-Pipe & Magnapacks & it sounded like ass.

mystksnk_631
10-10-2004, 04:27 AM
I know about Magnapacks, but these are just regular Magnaflows. If you have an O/R Mid-Pipe, then the Magnapacks will be way too loud. I've heard an O/R X-Pipe & Magnapacks & it sounded like ass.
Haha, ya thats what ive been told by people that the sound isnt good at all

casey99COBRA
10-10-2004, 09:23 AM
so i got a question for you Arch Angel... I've got just the magnaflow cat-back on my 99. I'm ready to put mid-pipes on it. What do you suggest for the mids? If i went with the magnaflow off-road x-pipe would i want it with converters or no covertners? Or what other mid-pipes would you suggest? I'm wanting as loud as possible! :D I know with the magnaflow cat-back that is on there right now, it don't make the car sound too loud at idle, after about 3k rpms it's screamin though. But they seem to be the more "eye appealing".

Arch Angel
10-10-2004, 02:22 PM
so i got a question for you Arch Angel... I've got just the magnaflow cat-back on my 99. I'm ready to put mid-pipes on it. What do you suggest for the mids? If i went with the magnaflow off-road x-pipe would i want it with converters or no covertners? Or what other mid-pipes would you suggest? I'm wanting as loud as possible! :D I know with the magnaflow cat-back that is on there right now, it don't make the car sound too loud at idle, after about 3k rpms it's screamin though. But they seem to be the more "eye appealing".If you want loud then get the Magnapacks Mufflers & swap out your Magnaflows. If you want stupid loud like a ricer on steroids with a lot of popping then get an O/R X with Magnapacks. If you want something more refined & smoth, get a mid pipe with high flow catalylic converters.

My preference in mid pipes are in order as the following:

ProChamber
Catted H-Pipe
MRT Catted H-Pipe
O/R H-Pipe
Catted X-Pipe

Firme
10-10-2004, 04:43 PM
My preference in mid pipes are in order as the following:

ProChamber
Catted H-Pipe
MRT Catted H-Pipe
O/R H-Pipe
Catted X-Pipe

Hey Nick, you need to try the Dr. Gas offroad X pipe so we can see how it stacks up agiant those

Arch Angel
10-10-2004, 05:01 PM
Hey Nick, you need to try the Dr. Gas offroad X pipe so we can see how it stacks up agiant thoseBah, O/R X-Pipes & I don't get along well. :o

casey99COBRA
10-10-2004, 05:49 PM
sexy! I'm having a hard time deciding... i just want something that rumbles, at ilde and on the gas... just that ahhhh feeling!