PDA

View Full Version : Took a ride in Big Daddy's Cobra and survived!!!!

NewFoundPower
10-06-2004, 09:19 AM
I ran into Big Daddy in the parking lot of my apartment complex and he asked me if I would like to take a ride with him to the gas station. Excitedly, I got into the passenger side of his white snake with great anticipation. As we are driving through the complex, I am amazed at how loud his CATTED exhaust is. Taking a right onto the street, Big Daddy punches the gas and I find myself grasping for an “Oh sh*t handle” that doesn’t exist. He looks over at me and smiles and informs me he was only a ¼ of the way on the gas. “Good Lord!” I am thinking to myself and then say a quick prayer to the Man Upstairs hoping to get out of this alive. When we finally make it to the gas station, Big Daddy tells me that we can finally have some fun now that he is running on a full tank. He then explains to me that his Methanol setup kicks in when he reaches 4 pounds of boost which will deliver another 50 hp. At this point not only am I buckling my seatbelt but am also thinking about putting on the racing harness as well! Big Daddy looks over and smiles once again and asks me if I need a pair of Depends. The offer sounded good but trying to be brave I politely decline and hold on for the ride. Cruising along in second gear he hits the gas hard. The torque in the car is UNREAL and I feel the skin on my face start to stretch as my body fights with the G-force. 3<SUP>rd</SUP> gear and I look over at the speedo. 90 miles an hour driving through rush hour traffic (once again grasping for the "Oh sh*t handle" that doesn't exist) and Big Daddy is just relaxing, driving with one hand and smoking a cigarette with the other. I am in a state of disbelief at how relaxed he is but take it as a good sign (later he would tell me that when you see him put both hands on the wheel that things are getting serious). Still I find myself giggling like a little schoolgirl. A traffic circle provides him the opportunity to show me how well the car handles. I swear I have never ridden in anything that handles that well. Taking the circle and perpendicular left turns at 40 mph, the car doesn’t roll or rock, or anything. It seem sticks to the road and eats those turns for breakfast. As he drops me off, I get out of the car, knees shaking (I can barely stand) and still giggling. He tells me that I will have to do a track ride with him sometime at one of the upcoming events. I tell him that I would love to but might have to take him up on the offer of a pair of Depends. He laughs and blasts off in his monster. I slowly make my way back inside, knees still wobbly and start making a list of parts to put on my Cobra.

<O:p</O:p

Thanks Greg for the ride!

<O:p

-D-

Firme
10-06-2004, 10:02 AM
Greg's car is sweet and is setup very nice.

I kept telling him he needs to come down to TWS, and he kept making some excuse about a go-live date.

I think he's just scared of the Texas Open Track boys ;) :p

cobrabitn
10-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Greg has an awesome ride.....when it's running... :rotf:

Big Daddy
10-06-2004, 10:06 PM
Well Tony it's running now and getting faster this Friday so I guess you'll be getting ANOTHER good look at the back end. :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
10-06-2004, 10:09 PM
See you at Drag day.... will you be towing or driving down there? :rotf:

casey99COBRA
10-06-2004, 10:48 PM
pushing!

cobrabitn
10-06-2004, 10:52 PM
I see you know him too Casey... :rotf:

Big Daddy
10-07-2004, 07:59 AM
No I don't think Casey does know me....TO BAD HE won't be at drag day so I can add another slowbra to my list of kills! As far as towing or driving....well if I'm racing I'm towing. It's a simple fact of life the fastest cars come on trailers, I've never seen John Force drive to the track. :D ;) BTW why are we waiting until drag day??? I'll race you across the Tail of the Dragon, want to make any bets on who's faster there??? :eek: :eek: ;)

Big Daddy
10-07-2004, 08:03 AM
Greg's car is sweet and is setup very nice.

I kept telling him he needs to come down to TWS, and he kept making some excuse about a go-live date.

I think he's just scared of the Texas Open Track boys ;) :p

That must be it! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I wish I could plan that far ahead in my job to make these events but that's the life of a consultant (always on the road and never know your next assignment)! :( (oh woa is me ;)) :rotf:

Maybe when I've won the lottery and I don't have to work anymore I'll be able to travel around the country doing nothing but open track events!! :D :bounce: :bounce: That really sounds like a plan, now I guess I should start buying lottery tickets!! :D ;)

cobrabitn
10-07-2004, 10:27 PM
I don't race on public highways and you shouldn't either. Let's go to the track, if you can make it that is... :rotf:

Big Daddy
10-08-2004, 09:57 AM
I don't race on public highways and you shouldn't either. Let's go to the track, if you can make it that is... :rotf:

REALLY??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: HMMMM....seems to me I remember a speeding ticket for 90+ some one got on the way to the drag strip one time! :rotf: :rotf: I'll make it to drag day but I'd rather run you a CMP in the spring and show you what a real car can do! :eek: ;) :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
10-08-2004, 09:22 PM
I have to blame John Basf for that one. He was putting peer pressure on me. I am sooooo weak.... :rotf: