PDA

View Full Version : Oil consumption question?

ausie
10-09-2004, 09:47 AM
Due to my experience with the 01 Cobra and how much oil gets sucked into the intake through the PCV passage. Does the 03/04 have the same issue? I am considering installing a PCV oil trap and a Breather separator to reduce oil consuption and carbon buildup. That was something I wish I did with the 01 when new. Is there any issues with the 03/04 that I should be aware of in terms of oil transfer through the PCV?

kilroy
10-30-2004, 10:08 PM
Something I stumbled upon today...

http://www.steeda.com/store/-catalog/555-3710.htm

ausie
10-31-2004, 07:17 AM
I have bought the exact same thing at wal-mart in the air compressor tool department. The metal part is blue instead of black. You can get 1/4 inch fittings that will hook up perfectly too. Total cost is about $14.00 which is far less than what steeda is charging. Cambel/hastings (or something similar) is the brand name. The only exception is that you will have to tap the holes at the top for screws, use caution though, you would be tapping a blind hole and it is easy to break taps that way. I had one on my 01 and it worked.

I am still trying to figure out where the bottom line in the "t" section of the PCV line goes. I did not expect to find that but now baffled by it.

Cobragia
10-31-2004, 06:50 PM
I put the oil seperater on my 03, you will see oil in less then 50 miles starting to build up. Its a must do job.