PDA

View Full Version : AI/X at Putnam

b_tone
10-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Alright Pearson, I started the thread.

The #29 AI car was the car (in AI) to beat all weekend. We had the fastest lap of the weekend but we had to start at the back of the pack twice (but drove through the field to finish 3rd both times) and we had a victory taken away from us on what I will call an "interesting" protest/ruling which resulted a DQ that took us out of the championship hunt.

That's all.

EDIT: Congratulations to Gene Borton for winning a race on Saturday and turning the fastest lap of the fastest AIX lap of the race!

johnbasf
10-11-2004, 10:21 AM
Well that's not very detailed??

(1) why did you start from the back?

(2) why were you DQ'd ?

(3) 3rd-3rd-DQ- ????

b_tone
10-11-2004, 01:46 PM
Well that's not very detailed??

(1) why did you start from the back?

(2) why were you DQ'd ?

(3) 3rd-3rd-DQ- ????
It's a long story, here is a snippet:

In Race 1, i took the lead on lap 2 or 3 (started 2nd and end up in 3rd after T1) and then pulled about 1.5-2 second gap and had a comfortable lead until I made a mistake in T7 and spun. Up to that point I was running quicker than both Robin and Greg I finished down in the pack because I came in to check the car out for a strange steering issue.

Second race, I started way down (starting order based on the finish order in race 1 rather than lap time) and drove through the field to finish 3rd about 3 seconds behind Greg/Robin, again setting the fastest race lap.

Race 3, I set the pole at a 1:17.2. I was hit multiple times from behind on before the first corner. I missed a shift giving the lead to robin. I was never more than 1 car length back throughout the race. There was contact in T1 when Robin came down on me midcorner damaging my front left with his RR tire. I was 'brake checked' very hard twice in the race and contact was the rusult (what else can happen when the car in front of you stabs the brakes mid corner when you are only 3ft off his bumper). The second time it happened Robin went around. He then protested and they called my action a 'punt' and disregarded his multiple brake checks, and the two contacts from behind on lap one. I was DQ'd, losing the race and the championship.

Race 4, I again had to start at the back of the pack along with Greg (changed cars). I let him go ahead of me for a while to see if he could catch and battle robin but as he was a bit slower than I was after 5 laps I passed him and went to on the hunt for robin. I finished 3rd, and again set the fast lap of the race.

Those are my thoughts on the weekend.

on edit: Robin lost the clutch and then the transmission, both of which he said were damaged in the so called 'punt'.

on edit: There is was a protest filed by Richard Cranston on Burnett for contact from Burnett while Cranston was leading the race coming out of the last corner on the last lap.

We don't know who won, i do know that I did not.

johnbasf
10-12-2004, 08:17 PM
Fast lap time this past weekend, nice. Let us know when the results are final.