View Full Version : Grill Inserts Screws?

10-11-2004, 10:26 PM
I assume they are called Star Security screws? Right? Okay what size is the one for the grill emblem so, I can change it to a Cobra and where do I get the screw driver from? Darn it I thought these were Torx head!!!

10-11-2004, 10:58 PM
Mike they are called star bits and you can buy one at Autozone for a couple of bucks or go to autozone and get the "loan a tool" to put it on. Or if you have a good relationship with your local Ford dealer, they will do it for free. :)

Either way, you are going to need a T-25 tamper proof star bit. Hope that helps! :thumbsup:

10-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Just changed my grill emblem this weekend. Bought a set of star bits from Advance Auto Parts for $5. The guy told me that you can't get it as a screwdriver so you need a rachet as well.


10-12-2004, 08:21 AM
Thanks Tony and NewFoundPower!

No AutoZone close by..which stinks..I like that store. I will check Advanced Auto Parts...they are right down the street! Awesome..can't wait to get that cobra on the front of the new one....

10-12-2004, 03:04 PM
Got them at Sears..complete set for Craftsman with driver $20.00! More tools!!

Big T
10-12-2004, 07:04 PM
I bought the single bit size from NAPA. about $3.00. It's Called a tamperproof t25 star bit. size should be 25 it fits into most screwdrivers with insert ends for different heads. I'm too cheap to get the whole set.