PDA

View Full Version : X-pipe question...

Pinche Perros
10-13-2004, 03:02 PM
I went on ahead and got me a Bassani Cat-Back. I'm debating though whether to get the X-pipe w/cats also. I'm worried that it would be too loud and/or wouldn't give me much (if any) hp/tq gains. What do you all think?

On another note I posted a couple weeks ago that I was in town on leave but due to me being gone for so long I had to spend that quality time with the family and stuff. My time ends just before Christmas and I'll be back home permanently thereafter. I hope to see you all on the roads around town...:D

Firme
10-13-2004, 04:38 PM
I went on ahead and got me a Bassani Cat-Back. I'm debating though whether to get the X-pipe w/cats also. I'm worried that it would be too loud and/or wouldn't give me much (if any) hp/tq gains. What do you all think?

On another note I posted a couple weeks ago that I was in town on leave but due to me being gone for so long I had to spend that quality time with the family and stuff. My time ends just before Christmas and I'll be back home permanently thereafter. I hope to see you all on the roads around town...:D

It would be nice to meet ya :thumbsup:

As far as the X pipe, well, whats loud to one person is not loud to the next. That setup is in the middle when it comes to quiet or loud. The best way would be for you to find a fellow cobra owner in town that has that setup and listen to their's. :)

BlownCobra
10-13-2004, 06:52 PM
If you live near The Woodlands, I would be happy to throw you a few revs.:thumbsup:

John

Carl G
10-13-2004, 07:25 PM
It would be nice to meet ya :thumbsup:

As far as the X pipe, well, whats loud to one person is not loud to the next. That setup is in the middle when it comes to quiet or loud. The best way would be for you to find a fellow cobra owner in town that has that setup and listen to their's. :)
I have the Bassani cats with X-pipe and it is louder than most set ups but ask the guys in the club abd they will tell you it sounds mean, and I get a lot of comments from people on the street on how good it sounds. I also have BBK long tubes to help. As far as HP gains maybe 7-8 would be realistic, it hust what you wabt it to sound like. Bassani makes a great system for Cobras.

97CasperCobra
10-13-2004, 08:35 PM
If you live near The Woodlands, I would be happy to throw you a few revs.:thumbsup:

John

Where in the Woodlands are you?? I'm over near the Palmer Golf Course, if ya see me shoot me a rev or two. :thumbsup:

BlownCobra
10-14-2004, 12:25 AM
Where in the Woodlands are you?? I'm over near the Palmer Golf Course, if ya see me shoot me a rev or two. :thumbsup:
I am over in Oak Ridge....I raced you that one Saturday night- Do you guys still meet over near the Walmart parking lot?

John

97CasperCobra
10-14-2004, 12:47 AM
I am over in Oak Ridge....I raced you that one Saturday night- Do you guys still meet over near the Walmart parking lot?

John

Oh yea...with the Mineral Grey(???) '03?? Wasn't much of a race ;) . I haven't been to the Wal-Mart since that night, but maybe next week I'll be there. You should come out soon to hang with the group. :thumbsup:

Lthl Venom 03
10-14-2004, 03:53 AM
is it an '03? Well i dynoed my car with the stock mid pipe, catback and intake and it pulled 402rwhp. I dynoed it after i put the bassani offroad X on it... and guess how much rwhp i gained??? get ready for it...!! :drum roll:

A whopping 1 HP!!!!! :bounce: :bounce: :rotf: :(

Pinche Perros
10-14-2004, 07:30 AM
BlownCobra: I'm back in North Carolina now until December. Once I get there I'll be staying with my cousin in Clearlake which is right down the street from you. I think I'll wait until then to hear your set up before I get the X-pipe. Thanks for the offer...

BlownCobra
10-14-2004, 01:16 PM
Oh yea...with the Mineral Grey(???) '03?? Wasn't much of a race ;) . I haven't been to the Wal-Mart since that night, but maybe next week I'll be there. You should come out soon to hang with the group. :thumbsup:
My Cobra is Sonic Blue....When do you guys usually hang out?

John:)

Firme
10-14-2004, 01:24 PM
My Cobra is Sonic Blue....When do you guys usually hang out?

John:)

Aside from events, like TWS this weekend, we have a weekly meeting, where we have dinner, followed by Starbucks @ 1960 and 249.

We also have a car show on Halloween 10/31 at Joe Myers Ford. :thumbsup:

BlownCobra
10-14-2004, 09:00 PM
When is the next dinner/coffee date?

John

msmap
10-14-2004, 10:38 PM
We meet every Tuesday. Dinner is at 7. Where to eat discussion is started on Monday here in the forum and after dinner, most go to the Willowbrook Starbucks (the one across 1960 from the mall).

Pinche Perros
10-21-2004, 02:14 PM
I know all about the quality/dependability of stainless steel but is it really necessary while living in Houston? A little birdy in the tree keeps telling me to go with aluminized and save myself the cash. What do you all think?

Arch Angel
10-26-2004, 12:38 PM
I know all about the quality/dependability of stainless steel but is it really necessary while living in Houston? A little birdy in the tree keeps telling me to go with aluminized and save myself the cash. What do you all think?Think you should take a Red Rider to that little birdie.

msmap
10-26-2004, 05:32 PM
Think you should take a Red Rider to that little birdie.

good one, Nick :rotf: