PDA

View Full Version : okay... so what is needed when replacing the mid pipes?

casey99COBRA
10-14-2004, 01:51 AM
I'm assuming i need MIL Elimators? And is there anything else that needs to be added/replaced to keep a clean engine? I guess where i'm going on this is; whether or not the 02 sensors need to be replaced as well...? I know that an o2 sensor measures the oxygen level in the exhaust along with the rest of gas levels to determine if it's burning the air/fuel mixture properly and that signal is generated and sent to the computer.
Or is this the whole purpose of the MIL Eliminators to keep this from getting errors from the 02 sensors?
I'm just making sure i'm going to be setting up everything safely to keep my car running best.
thanks guys!

smashedheadcat
10-14-2004, 08:53 AM
You'll have pretty much everything you need once you get the midpipe. Just be careful when removing the stock pipe on the passenger side exhaust manifold. There is steel gasket in there that you don't want to damage. It wouldn't be a bad idea to get a new one. That way you won't have to worry about having a leak once you reassemble the thing. MIL eliminators are a good idea, but if you plan to further mod the car, a chip or computer flasher can turn off the rear o2 sensors without the need for MIL's. Now, for you question about o2's. You don't need to replace them. Just remove them from the existing pipe, and everything will transfer over to the new. The rear o2's just monitor the efficiency of the cats. The fronts are the important ones, so be careful with those. Just don't drop them basically. The swap is a breeze once you get the car up off the ground via a lift or jackstands.

casey99COBRA
10-14-2004, 05:09 PM
thank you sir

smashedheadcat
10-16-2004, 07:22 PM
thank you sir

Anytime. :thumbsup: