PDA

View Full Version : How do I set the stops on an aftermarket shifter?

NewFoundPower
10-19-2004, 01:20 PM
Planning on buying the MGW shifter for my Cobra and I want to install it myself. I have never replaced a shifter before and am a little confused about setting the stops for the new shifter. How do I figure out where to set them? Do I need any special tools to do so? Thanks.
-D-

Firme
10-19-2004, 02:12 PM
Planning on buying the MGW shifter for my Cobra and I want to install it myself. I have never replaced a shifter before and am a little confused about setting the stops for the new shifter. How do I figure out where to set them? Do I need any special tools to do so? Thanks.
-D-

The MGW handle comes with every tool you need, except the socket for the main bolts.

The stops are set by screws, in the front and in the back. The shifter will come with detailed instructions on how to set the stop, and it is pretty simple to do.

From the looks of it, it is easier to set the stop on the MGW than any other shifter out there.

NewFoundPower
10-19-2004, 03:01 PM
Awesome! I am really excited about this shifter. The stock one feels sooo sloppy. It will be nice to have something more "refined".

-D-

cobrabitn
10-19-2004, 10:16 PM
I should have mine in before drag day. I'll tell George to bring some extras with him to sell in case anyone wants to save on shipping. :)

InfamousSVT
10-19-2004, 11:30 PM
I should have mine in before drag day. I'll tell George to bring some extras with him to sell in case anyone wants to save on shipping. :)
That's what I plan on doing, purchasing mine at Drag day! I figured he'd have a few there since they're going to be there!