PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first SVT Cobra, a 2004

04SVT
10-24-2004, 01:34 AM
Just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. I just bought the last 2004 Ford SVT Cobra in Florida. (I searched all of Central Florida and finally located one in Orlando) I must admit, I feel very fortunate to have found one this late in the year.

Now for a confession! I'm formally a 2002 Pontiac TransAM WS-6 owner who has defected to the FORD Mustang SVT Cobra. :fordflag: I know a lot of you long time, die hard Ford owners probably look down on people like me but better late than never is my only defense. Ford has truly outdone itself with the 2003/2004 Cobra. I am just so impressed with this car. :thumbsup:

From common knowledge, I know Mustangs have always been the easiest car to modify. I was hoping to get some suggestions on what to do first. I've read most of the recent posts on all current threads and am very impressed with the knowledge and expertise of the members. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, it will be most appreciated.

Are there any members who live in Central Florida. I'm looking for a Performance shop who specializes in Mustangs and I'd like to find a Mustang Cobra Club in the area.

Thanks, Rob Shiels
2004SVT

Lthl Venom 03
10-24-2004, 03:29 AM
:bounce: glad to hear you came back from darkside ;) i have to admit i had a very hard time deciding between an 02 ws6 and '03 cobra... but i'm sure you can guess which way i went. :D as for mods i'd say start off with air intake, shifter, exhaust, pulley and chip :thumbsup:

ausie
10-24-2004, 10:32 AM
Welcome to the Ford family! :thumbsup: I would have to admit that I was fond of the Trans-AM shortly after the re-skinned it in the 90's. That was short-lived until ford brought back the mustang Cobra. Eversince then I had to have one and in 2001 Ford got its hooks in me. I traded the 01 in for an 04 which was cheaper in the short run than spending money on a supercharger for the 01.

I don't look down on anybody. It does not matter what you drive but how you drive. :cool:

NewFoundPower
10-24-2004, 12:12 PM
Congrats on finally seeing the light! :D Nice to have another member for the club. I bought an 04 a month ago and have been enjoying the hell out of it. My 3rd mustang and my second Cobra and my girlfriend is talking about buying a 2005 GT and she used to be a Vette lover so it isn't uncommon for GM people to switch brands. Enjoy the car and welcome to the board.!!:bounce: :thumbsup: :headbang:

Mirage
10-24-2004, 01:27 PM
04SVT~ FORD certainly did their homework to produce the new Cobra. I think the most common options for modifying your Cobra would be CAI, TB, cat-back exhaust and a short throw shifter. If you want to go further you could do pulley's, chip/tuner flash, gears, etc. This of course is all based on performance, but you could also concerntrate on upgrading the suspension (bushings, strut tower brace, etc.). Whichever direction you go, congrats! :thumbsup:

Sniperfox
10-24-2004, 02:01 PM
I'm a die-hard Ford lover:fordflag: , but the WS-6 T/A is a sweetie too. Either way, you are viewed from the sidewalk of life with respect when you rumble by.:tomcat:

casey99COBRA
10-24-2004, 05:32 PM
i'll admit i was going to buy a WS6 Transam, but the insurance was :crazy:. State Farm wanted over $270 a month. But i had came across this cobra (a 99) that was just so sweet, and there are just so few around here. And i always liked the cobra's. So the only mustang i will ever buy is a COBRA (ponies and gt's pfff). But i do like the ws6 trans am. I would like to own both.
COBRA for LIFE! :headbang:

SVTcobra04
10-24-2004, 11:32 PM
well before suggesting any mods did u get a warranty.But if you didnt a CAI and a catback are good to do and if the warranty wont allow the CAI just take it off and put the stock back on when you have it in for work at the dealer.also ou need to check with your dealer on mods,some allow them with the warranty and some dont.happy modding:thumbsup:

SVTcobra04
10-24-2004, 11:34 PM
o i forgot to say congrats on your new cobra:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
10-25-2004, 12:51 AM
Congrats on your new toy!!:thumbsup: