PDA

View Full Version : Guess what I just got!

NewFoundPower
10-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Yep, my MGW shifter arrived today. Gonna install it in the next 2 hours. Can't wait to try out this bad-boy!!!

-D-

nckissfan
10-29-2004, 03:44 PM
they are nice, I have one:thumbsup:

Firme
10-29-2004, 04:00 PM
:321:

:mad:

:p

Congrats..

I have to wait till the 3650 shifter comes out :(

NewFoundPower
10-29-2004, 06:17 PM
Well, just got finished installing it. All I can say is...............AWESOME!! The shifts are soooo incredibly short! I am really impressed! It also came with a detailed set of instructions that made installation very easy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to George.

-D-

Firme
10-29-2004, 08:41 PM
I love this Video

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7748 <-- in here

InfamousSVT
11-01-2004, 05:02 AM
Well, just got finished installing it. All I can say is...............AWESOME!! The shifts are soooo incredibly short! I am really impressed! It also came with a detailed set of instructions that made installation very easy. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: to George.

-D-
So are the instructions detailed enought that anyone could do it!
I'm glad you like it, I'm getting mine at Dragday the 6th!

NewFoundPower
11-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Yeah, I think they are that detailed. Besides, if you aren't good with reading directions, they have pictures too!

-D-

Travis
11-03-2004, 10:59 AM
Does this shifter actually make the shifts easier?
I have the tri ax right now, ive been thinkin about trying something else?

NewFoundPower
11-03-2004, 11:48 AM
I think it does. The only problem I have been having is mistaking 2nd for 4th but that is not because the shifter is faulty but rather because I am still getting used to how close the shifts are. The more I use it, the more I like it.

-D-

2KWhiteSnake
11-03-2004, 01:11 PM
I think it does. The only problem I have been having is mistaking 2nd for 4th but that is not because the shifter is faulty but rather because I am still getting used to how close the shifts are. The more I use it, the more I like it.

-D-

Sweet.....I've got to order one. This Tri-Ax is getting old. :thumbsup:

I have a few other pieces from George. He doesn't skimp on quality.

Craig

Big Daddy
11-03-2004, 04:14 PM
Well I'm joining the crowd! I will be picking up mine this weekend at Drag Day, George is bringing both handles and is going to let me try both before I decide which I want or both if I think it necessary! :D ;)

NewFoundPower
11-03-2004, 04:34 PM
You know, you could always stop by and check out mine and see how you like it.

-D-

cobrabitn
11-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Infamous SVT,

George will be at drag day and we can install both of our shifters then! :thumbsup: Looks like old man weather is finally going to be with us this weekend! :bounce:

InfamousSVT
11-03-2004, 08:19 PM
Infamous SVT,

George will be at drag day and we can install both of our shifters then! :thumbsup: Looks like old man weather is finally going to be with us this weekend! :bounce:
I was wondering if you had installed yours without me?
I had planned on installing mine on Sunday after dragday, but since you will be installing yours, I'll go ahead and install mine. That way if something goes wrong:( , I'll have plenty of people to ask for help!!!!!:thumbsup: :p

Sounds good, I'll see you Saturday a.m.!

cobrabitn
11-03-2004, 08:36 PM
No! I didn't install it without you. :( I sent you an e-mail about drag day and what George told me about doing it down there. Didn't you get it? :doubt:

I wish I'd had your help this weekend getting "Mr Crome" prepared for the track. It would have taken me less time and we could have compared notes.

See you Saturday morning! :D

InfamousSVT
11-03-2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I just got the email, I normally don't check my yahoo account that often! I usually use my work email mostly (jason.r.herd@rrd.com) So for future reference, it'd be better to send an email here, if you need a response in a hurry!
Wish I could have helped you getting your car ready, it would have been a blast!
I met a Cobra owner Saturday night, and told him about the site and he's now a registered user, I think he's become a member, but I'm not sure yet! He has to work this weekend, so he won't be able to make it to Dragday!

I've made plans to spend the whole day there, and I can't wait to get the new shifter in the car!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
11-03-2004, 09:27 PM
Okay, I'll put that in my address book!

I bet that's the guy from Belmont NC that joined this week???

:)

InfamousSVT
11-03-2004, 09:53 PM
Okay, I'll put that in my address book!

I bet that's the guy from Belmont NC that joined this week???

:)
Yeah Trevor! That's him:thumbsup:. Pretty cool guy, I'm supposed to meet up with him Saturday night after Dragday! Gotta show him the MGW shifter after I get it installed Saturday!