PDA

View Full Version : 19" rims?

crunchit
10-30-2004, 10:28 PM
Considering getting rims (or chroming out my stock ones)I found some 19's at http://www.falkentire.com/car_galery/index.htm. Anyone for or against going up that high for my 03?

93KingCobra
10-30-2004, 11:07 PM
It all depends on what you like speed or style or both???

IMO I like the 19's (5 stars with the rivits) on the maroon mustang the look very cool.

But if you plan on getting any traction than stick with a 17" or 18" rim

casey99COBRA
10-31-2004, 01:05 AM
19's aren't for cobra's in my opinion. make's it to high of a ride and funny lookin.;)

ausie
10-31-2004, 08:47 AM
I think that the 19" would create too much road feel. I already feel the difference with 18" over the stock 17x9 that came with the car. Having a taller side wall in the rear improves grip, but a shorter side wall in the front improves cornering stability. Also, tire choices become scarce when you get larger diameter wheels, not to mention more expensive too.

SVTMADMAN
11-01-2004, 06:00 PM
Your joking right? Save the dubz for he suvs.

Travis
11-03-2004, 11:51 AM
wow, this better be a joke.... you drive a cobra not a M3 :doubt:

i would keep the 17's or maybe go to 18's if you really want em, but the tires will be more expensive :(

Butcher
11-04-2004, 06:01 AM
Not due to expense. The 17" are made for the car, use them old man :D
If you want new tires, grab some 315's for the assend, and 275's for the front. Then set them up for track, if thats the way your headed. :thumbsup:

Jimmie

ausie
11-04-2004, 06:56 AM
If you want to go with the 19's go for it, just one thing though, you would have to get 30's or thinner tires if you want to maintain your speed calibration. If you are looking to get that "wheel just barely fits in the well look" you might want to trade in for an 05 mustang or wait for the next cobra if it comes out. I think that the new style has that European cut around the wheel. I have 18's on my 04 and that has increased the harshness of the ride a bit. I would not say don't go with 19's. It is your money, your car and you can do whatever you want to it. Go ahead and pimp it. What you gain in looks you loose in performance. The lower profile tire will require a higher air pressure. I have to have a minimum of 38 to 40psi on the 18 inch rims with the 35 profile tires otherwise the car wanders all over the place. The lower profile tires loose in the traction department due to the smaller overall contact patch on the pavement. I have 40 series up front which helps, but the rear breaks loose esily. When the rear tread is gone (almost there) I will not use the 35's but will go with 40's in the same width or larger. There will be some error on the speedo, but I can live with that.

Travis
11-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Not due to expense. The 17" are made for the car, use them old man :D
If you want new tires, grab some 315's for the assend, and 275's for the front. Then set them up for track, if thats the way your headed. :thumbsup:

Jimmiehave you ever looked into tire prices for 18's? :rolleyes:

after seeing what youve done to your vert and now hearing you say you want 19's? :eek:
Why did you buy your cobra, sounds like you want an M3 or a Corvette

crunchit
11-08-2004, 10:59 PM
Been away for a few... great feed back to come home to! Yeah, I'll stick with my 17's. Snows coming anyway. Time for hibernation's around the corner.