PDA

View Full Version : Which MAF

sssvtcobra
10-31-2004, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, I am going to be putting a Mac straight shot cai on my car along with a timing adjuster. And I was wanting to put on a new MAF. I just don't know what the difference between them all are, or which brand I should go with. I'm just looking for the stock size, I'm not sure but I don't think there is a need to go bigger. But you guy's know more than I do. Could you please enlighten me. And the reason I am going with the Mac is because I want to be able to use a strut tower brace in the near future.

Thank you
Jeff

tcrews
11-01-2004, 07:06 AM
You really don't need to change your MAF, the stock one is fine. Aftermarket MAFs don't make power, they lean you out which makes power. If you are adding a timing adjuster you don't want to be leaning your car out at the same time. The only time you should replace your MAF is if it's bad or you are pegging it's ability to read air flow (far beyond bolt on power levels).

Save your money, don't replace something that doesn't need to be replaced.

sssvtcobra
11-02-2004, 05:00 PM
Thanks Tom,

I won't be replacing that. I am just going to be installing the mac cai instead. Nest week I will be putting my car on the dyno with cai and t/a and see where my a/f is and what kind of power I am getting. Along with the rest of my mods. I hope to see close to 300 rwhp and rwtq.

Thanks
Jeff

yoshis99_cobra
11-24-2004, 12:27 AM
Please post your dyno results when you get a chance. I'm curious.

what other mods have you done?

sssvtcobra
11-24-2004, 02:29 AM
Hey Yoshis99,

Well I've been to the shop twice now and both times it has been broken. The shop that does my mods does not own a dyno, but uses someone elses. And it's not like I can go there when it's working because it's like 2.5 hours away. So I just try to get on the dyno when I'm there. I'm hoping to be there again soon, since I need a new catback, since I switched mid-pipes. But when I do get to do some pulls I will post the #'s.

Jeff