PDA

View Full Version : Coolant/Radiator Isse

cobra330
11-01-2004, 09:03 AM
I just broke about 300 miles on my new 04 Cobra..Saturday. I backed it into the garage and turned it off...after I got out I notice that it dropped water/coolant from the bottom of the motor. Looks like the coolant overflowed? The temps were normal..it did not run hot but, it was alot of stop and go traffic I went through...maybe it was that?

Anyone's help is appreciated.

ausie
11-05-2004, 06:42 AM
I would inspect all hose clamps and to check if there is coolant in the associated area. It would be best to track the leak down if there is one. It could just as well be some coolant from the overflow tank. The first thing I did when I bought mine was to inspect the resivior cap and intercooler cap. It turns out that the resivior cap was not correctly closed. I had the same problem with my 01 after bringing it home. IF the motor is cool, check the coolant in the resivior for any oil spots floating in the coolant. You probably did this already.

I have dirven about 1500 miles normal and hard driving and have not noticed any evidence of coolant passing the resivior cap (usually leaves white residue on the tank) Hopefully it is just the cap and nothing severe. :thumbsup:

cobra330
11-05-2004, 08:33 AM
I would inspect all hose clamps and to check if there is coolant in the associated area. It would be best to track the leak down if there is one. It could just as well be some coolant from the overflow tank. The first thing I did when I bought mine was to inspect the resivior cap and intercooler cap. It turns out that the resivior cap was not correctly closed. I had the same problem with my 01 after bringing it home. IF the motor is cool, check the coolant in the resivior for any oil spots floating in the coolant. You probably did this already.

I have dirven about 1500 miles normal and hard driving and have not noticed any evidence of coolant passing the resivior cap (usually leaves white residue on the tank) Hopefully it is just the cap and nothing severe. :thumbsup:

Actually I just popped the hood..did not really see anything that looked wrong. It looked like there was some water around the cap..so, I am assuming at this point that is the issue. I am going to take the caps off tonight and then put them back on..just to make sure. Thanks for the help Ausie!

beerkat
11-05-2004, 09:03 AM
I do not know how close you check the fluid on the ground, but might it be condensation from the A/C unit.:D

cobra330
11-05-2004, 09:08 AM
I did not look at it to closely..although I thought the same thing..but, I did not run the A/C..and typically don't. Ask Mystic_Cobra...he can tell you..I am weird about my car...

I got pissed the other day when I had it out..and it got rained on :(