PDA

View Full Version : Different in Dyno's?

LadyCobra01'
11-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Is the dyno at HP the same as the one at Slater's? I've heard you will get different results from different makes of Dyno's? Is this correct?

Thanks!
Kim

Firme
11-04-2004, 10:57 AM
Is the dyno at HP the same as the one at Slater's? I've heard you will get different results from different makes of Dyno's? Is this correct?

Thanks!
Kim

Yup... A dynojet and a Mustang Dyno yield different numbers. Also the model dyno can be different between two shops, depending on how they have it configured and calibrated. Weather plays a big part in how your car dyno's, and a dyno must be calibrated to the atmospheric changes, but some shops fiddle with this. The best consistancy are dynos that use "weather stations" to automatically set the variables.

A dyno is basically a tool to see before and after results. Thats why alot of people stick to one shop to dyno. But, if you do have to go to a different shop, you can always do a baseline dyno, then modify the car, then dyno again for the most accurate measure of gains.

Another thing that affect dyno number is the correction factor. Which takes into play the weather. That is why everyone tries to get their number is SAE calibrated form.

LadyCobra01'
11-04-2004, 11:10 AM
Ok! I know that, but how does HP Dyno and/or operated compare to Slater's Dyno? Do both places do what you mention above?

Firme
11-04-2004, 12:04 PM
Ok! I know that, but how does HP Dyno and/or operated compare to Slater's Dyno? Do both places do what you mention above?

I know Slater's uses a weather station, I am almost positive HP uses one also.

From my personal experience, both are pretty acurate, and both fairly close to each others numbers.

LadyCobra01'
11-04-2004, 12:45 PM
I know Slater's uses a weather station, I am almost positive HP uses one also.

From my personal experience, both are pretty acurate, and both fairly close to each others numbers.

Thanks! I won't be able to do the Dyno Day at Slater's :( !