PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Atlantic Mini Meet

cobra330
11-05-2004, 04:04 PM
Here ye Here ye!!! To all you Mid-Atlantic Folk!

You will be getting an e-mail to discuss a mini meet. We are trying to decide what day and time. The 2 options are 11/13 or 12/4. The two times are noon or 4. We will either do lunch and talk or dinner and talk. Respond here or in my e-mail.

Location to be determined but, we will try to have it as close to the majority who will attend as possible.

We need to do this so, everyone can meet. Also..let's discuss next year. I would like to see us do at least 1 event for SCMC..like a show. Notice I said at least. So 1 show..and how about so mini-meets? Just some gatherings...for food or maybe go-karts? How about a Blue Ridge Parkway cruise or Catoctin Mountain?

Look forward to hearing from all of you....

Hey..and maybe...I will give away the award I have for best looking car in our mini-meet???

BigRedMachine
11-05-2004, 04:16 PM
I'm all for mini-meets. Can't make it on the 13th of this month. I'll be in Ocean City. The 12/4 meet sounds good to me. :) A couple of cruises around town would be fun too, but it all depends on how much interest there is.

95SVTCobraVA
11-08-2004, 01:38 PM
12/4/04 Sounds good to me but, it has to be early afternoon because I would have to get back to Richmond by 7:00pm for a CVMC Christmas Party. :thumbsup:

:D :D :D

cobra330
11-08-2004, 01:44 PM
Looks like so far it's all 12/34. Noon is good for me too. I forgot to send out an e-mail to all those in the local area this weekend. I will do it tonight and see what response I get. We will try to make it convient for all who are interested.

BigRedMachine
11-08-2004, 03:48 PM
12/4 sounds good to me. :D

BAD PNY
11-08-2004, 08:45 PM
Guys

I guess it depends on what the weather is like and where you want to have it.

I am an hour or so north of Baltimore so that would depend. 12/4 is the only choice for me.

Mike

MvKeeper
11-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Well if you woudnt mind me tagging along I may be able to talk my mom into me and her going. I will keep reading the posts and when you decide where I can give you a better answer.

cobra330
11-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Sure you can join us. Probably be 12/4..and afternoon..not sure of much more yet..but, keep checking these posts! :thumbsup:

TMG
11-09-2004, 08:19 PM
Can't do 11/13 it's our Anniversary but can do 12/4. Depends on how far . I am by the beach in DE.

cobra330
11-10-2004, 10:23 PM
At this point..you should have rec'd an e-mail in the SCMC e-mail for this announcement. The date is going to be 12/4..and probably a noonish time frame. Once we decide where we'll post here. Hopefully we can post that by this weekend so, check back then!

My guess we'll do like a lunch somewhere to meet and greet. Hopefully a place with a nice parking lot so, we can look at each others cars. Maybe discuss a few ideas for doing some stuff next year? Sound good?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
11-10-2004, 11:26 PM
Sounds good to me. I will leave it up to ya'll to decide on where to meet :thumbsup:

Mystic_Cobra
11-11-2004, 01:15 AM
It would be awesome if we could get people from VA, MD, DE and even NJ to come to the meet. It looks like 12/4 for lunch is the best time.
I've made the trip to DE many times from NOVA. If you want to check the distance on mapquest, you can use Arlington's zipcode, 22209.
I'd suggest we meet somewhere near the beltway and pick a specific location once we get confirmation from who's coming so we can meet in the middle.

Jimmy Bost

Mike-you're taking notes on these responses, right? :p

BigRedMachine
11-11-2004, 12:58 PM
If we could schedule a track event that's pretty close I would be interested in going. I've been leary about taking my daily driver onto a track but I'm trying to talk myself into it. The few people I've mentioned this to have said it was the greatest experience they've had in a long time and it's safer than driving on 95 everyday. Anyone interested? (or at least interested in talking me into it? :D )

cobra330
11-11-2004, 01:23 PM
I am sure Jimmy could talk you into it. I think if he could live at the track he would...We can certainly looking into doing something like that. Some thoughts though are we may do it with someone else if we do it close..as tracks are expensive to rent. Unless I can find enough people to do it..and then a track...some assistance. Regardless I am game for it all next year..just let me know who wants to and what..and we'll start the process of planning! :bounce: :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
11-11-2004, 02:11 PM
I was thinking I could persuede the significant other to give me an early birthday present when the weather warms up and get a days worth of track or something like that. I was asking because I really didn't want to run by myself.

I know Jimmy's stance about track time ;) , I was seeing if there might be enough interest to get a few of the fellow SCMCers out there too. I mean, why have a high performance car if it only performs in DC traffic?

cobra330
11-11-2004, 02:34 PM
Oh you won't run by yourself. We can do a SCMC event with track time..we just need alot of participants as tracks are not cheap..but, we can figure something out.

I would more than likely not put mine on the track...at least I don't think I will...but, you never know. Hopefully we can talk on 12/04 about this more...or from now til next year.

Another thing to is if you are up for a drive maybe we attend a SCMC track event in the NE or SE? I would probably be up for going to one. Then we take notes and put on an event here.

BigRedMachine
11-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Alright, we could talk about it at the neet next month.

I was reading about the driving schools online where your not racing other people, but learning how your car reacts in different situations. My ex's sister's husband has taken his Porsche to a couple of the driving school days and said it was a blast.

cobra330
11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
I know about those classes. They have them at Summit Point. They fill up fast but, they are an excellent idea. Jimmy (Mystic_Cobra) knows alot about that stuff. That would interest me too. Not so much the racing..but, how to drive my car..fast.

Sounds good to me....

BigRedMachine
11-11-2004, 03:48 PM
Cool, I'm more interested in the driving schools rather than the racing. We can bring it up at the meeting and see how much interest there is. I might go myself even if there's not anybody else that wants to go or it's to expensive. It sounds like a load of fun.

Mystic_Cobra
11-11-2004, 05:07 PM
All of the track events that I do are driving schools. Not racing. Not racing schools. The SCMC track events are this type. There's no timing, no competition. But it's the most fun YOU WILL EVER have standing (sitting) up. :D
These events are VERY safe. More safe than driving on the beltway. The rules are setup to promote safety first, then fun. If you don't play by the rules, you go home. Plain and simple.
I was leary about taking my car on track the first time, but I love it. I already have more than 20 track days on my car and have never had a problem (except for wear-mostly tires and brakes). These cars are designed for this and there's very little that you need to do to your car before you go on track.
Take a look at the events the SCMC has scheduled/planned for next year and also look at NASA (www.nasaproracing.com). The events are run very similarly and very well.
You'll be place in a group with other beginers with an instructor in your car with you who will keep you from pushing too hard until you're ready.
Let me know if you have any questions. Feel free to email me (this goes for everyone) and I'll be glad to talk more off line...

Jimmy Bost
96 MYSSTIC Cobra

cobra330
11-11-2004, 09:09 PM
It would be awesome if we could get people from VA, MD, DE and even NJ to come to the meet. It looks like 12/4 for lunch is the best time.
I've made the trip to DE many times from NOVA. If you want to check the distance on mapquest, you can use Arlington's zipcode, 22209.
I'd suggest we meet somewhere near the beltway and pick a specific location once we get confirmation from who's coming so we can meet in the middle.

Jimmy Bost

Mike-you're taking notes on these responses, right? :p

Hmm...sorry I missed this post somehow..but yep I am taking notes....Your idea sounds good to me. As time gets closer..and we see all those coming we can pick something central to the group..but, probably be NOVA...which I will then count on your knowledge of the area Jimmy...

cobrabitn
11-11-2004, 10:05 PM
Start saving your $$ as we will have our March event at CMP. SCMC members will get an extremely attractive price for the weekend. It's a 5 hour drive to CMP from Richmond. :)

cobra330
11-11-2004, 10:50 PM
Start saving your $$ as we will have our March event at CMP. SCMC members will get an extremely attractive price for the weekend. It's a 5 hour drive to CMP from Richmond. :)

Where is CMP? And that means a 7 hour drive for me. Actually I was thinking if there is an Autofair in April...I will see you then...I wanted badly to go in September...but..isn't there another one this year? If so...sign me up..I am there!

cobra330
11-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Okay..looks like we will have our first official mini meet for the SCMC in the Mid-Atlantic Area on 12/4 at the Sweetwater Tavern. Link of the menu attached..for your purusal! So come one come all and be a part of the First Official Mid Atlantic Mini Meet! We'll meet, talk about stuff, check out the cars and discuss some things for 05! And if you are up to it there is a Go Kart track that is right down the road for us to do a little "racing"! It's gonna be a blast :bounce: :bounce: :D

http://www.greatamericanrestaurants.com/sweetMainSter/sweetsub/direction.cfm

Look forward to seeing all of you there!

Please respond to this thread that you will be there..and I will add your name to the list below

Mini Meet
Mystic_Cobra
Cobra330
BigRedMachine
95SVTCobraVA
MvKeeper
Cobracrazy

BigRedMachine
11-12-2004, 01:51 PM
Okay..looks like we will have our first official mini meet for the SCMC in the Mid-Atlantic Area on 12/4 at the Sweetwater Tavern. Link of the menu attached..for your purusal! So come one come all and be a part of the First Official Mid Atlantic Mini Meet! We'll meet, talk about stuff, check out the cars and discuss some things for 05! And if you are up to it there is a Go Kart track that is right down the road for us to do a little "racing"! It's gonna be a blast! :bounce: :bounce: :D

Please respond to this thread that you will be there..and I will add your name to the list below

Mini Meet
Mystic_Cobra
Cobra330BigRedMachine will be there

BigRedMachine
11-12-2004, 01:53 PM
BTW, which Sweetwater Tavern is it?

MvKeeper
11-12-2004, 06:20 PM
Hey where is the sweetwater tavern? After that I just have to get the ok from parents.. ya sucks but hey.

95SVTCobraVA
11-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Sounds good to me But I have no idea where Sweetwater Tavern is. Can someone post an address so I can use Map Quest.

cobra330
11-13-2004, 12:32 PM
Sorry guys...I forgot to attach the link. Here it is though..just click the link and you can find it is located in Sterling, VA.

Mystic_Cobra
11-13-2004, 01:01 PM
Actually, I was thinking the Sweetwater in Sterling, not Centreville. It's closer to the go-cart track.

Sweetwater Sterling
45980 Waterview Plaza
Sterling, VA 20166
(571)434-6500

I also called the go-cart track to check availability.
http://www.allsportsgp.com/pricing.htm
They have open practice at 12, 4, and 6. He suggested the mini grand prix which is a 25 lap qualifying run, followed by a 40 lap race. It costs $75 per person and they need a minimum of 8. We could also just do "open practice" racing against whoever happens to be there. Times would be the same. It would be cool if we could do the mini-grand prix, but I understand if people don't want to spend that much.
The arrive and drive would cost us $25 for 10 min. and I think the mini-grand prix would be much more fun and track time for our money.

Thoughts? This is just an option, we're still open for ideas.
I've heard good things about this track. These are fast racing carts, not the cheap slow ones.

From the site:
" Each participant receives a driver safety briefing and is provided with a race suit, a cotton head sock, protective gloves, and a safety-certified helmet for use during the race.
Drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license. "

cobra330
11-13-2004, 01:13 PM
Actually, I was thinking the Sweetwater in Sterling, not Centreville. It's closer to the go-cart track.

Sweetwater Sterling
45980 Waterview Plaza
Sterling, VA 20166
(571)434-6500

I also called the go-cart track to check availability.
http://www.allsportsgp.com/pricing.htm
They have open practice at 12, 4, and 6. He suggested the mini grand prix which is a 25 lap qualifying run, followed by a 40 lap race. It costs $75 per person and they need a minimum of 8. We could also just do "open practice" racing against whoever happens to be there. Times would be the same. It would be cool if we could do the mini-grand prix, but I understand if people don't want to spend that much.
The arrive and drive would cost us $25 for 10 min. and I think the mini-grand prix would be much more fun and track time for our money.

Thoughts? This is just an option, we're still open for ideas.
I've heard good things about this track. These are fast racing carts, not the cheap slow ones.

From the site:
" Each participant receives a driver safety briefing and is provided with a race suit, a cotton head sock, protective gloves, and a safety-certified helmet for use during the race.
Drivers must be at least 18 years old and have a valid driver's license. "

Woops..that's right you did say that. I changed all my links to show the Sterling one...PLEASE NOTE....SWEETWATER TAVERN in STERLING VA!!!

cobracrazy
11-13-2004, 06:32 PM
Hey Guys...

I am in too. I've been away for awhile but I check in from time to time.
(Working is a drag... LOL)
:thumbsup:

95SVTCobraVA
11-13-2004, 06:33 PM
Thanks guys :thumbsup: See ya on the 4th :thumbsup:

cobra330
11-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Guys

I guess it depends on what the weather is like and where you want to have it.

I am an hour or so north of Baltimore so that would depend. 12/4 is the only choice for me.

Mike

Did you see we decided on 12/4 Noonish at the Sweetwater Tavern in Sterling VA...Are you gonna join us? :bounce:

cobra330
11-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Can't do 11/13 it's our Anniversary but can do 12/4. Depends on how far . I am by the beach in DE.

We are doing 12/4 at Sweetwater Tavern in Sterling, VA...let me know if you can make it...we would love to see you there!

BudMan
11-14-2004, 04:32 PM
If we could schedule a track event that's pretty close I would be interested in going. I've been leary about taking my daily driver onto a track but I'm trying to talk myself into it. The few people I've mentioned this to have said it was the greatest experience they've had in a long time and it's safer than driving on 95 everyday. Anyone interested? (or at least interested in talking me into it? :D )
If you're referring to an on track event I'm ready:thumbsup: ..........through SVTOA I've done VIR and Summit Point and it's a ball. The coolest was at the 40th with the on track at Nashville Speedway, I did it one day and regret not signing up for all 3 days!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: Understand Tony looked at VIR this past summer and it was very expensive but may be worth checking into again.

cobra330
11-18-2004, 10:11 PM
Okay who else can I add to the list??? Come'on you know you want to be apart of the first SCMC Mid Atlantic Meet!!! :bounce: :thumbsup:

MvKeeper
11-20-2004, 10:40 AM
Wish I could, probably dont know how badly I want to come but I have SAT testing that morning from 9-12 and I dont think that would leave enough time to get out there from where I am (right near Old Town and DC). I would be getting there at about 1:00 or 1:30. Have you all set a time to meet there? Maybe I can still work something out.

cobra330
11-20-2004, 09:08 PM
MvKeeper...please come on by..we will still be there at 1 for sure. We will not be there til noon and I am sure by the time we get some grub and stuff...it will be long past 1.

95SVTCobraVA
11-22-2004, 11:10 PM
I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

cobra330
11-23-2004, 09:18 AM
Happy Thanksgiving all!

Also...don't forget our Dec 4th meet..We have 5...I would really like to see a few more join us! Come'on people let's get together and plan our 2005 season!!

cobra330
11-29-2004, 10:49 PM
Okay...ROLL CALL FOR THE MID ATLANTIC MINI MEET...Below are who I have..but, let me know if there are others that I missed. The place we are going is below but, if you have any questions e-mail me or pm me! e-mail is mkincaid@newwavetech.com

Thanks!

Okay..looks like we will have our first official mini meet for the SCMC in the Mid-Atlantic Area on 12/4 at the Sweetwater Tavern. Link of the menu attached..for your purusal! So come one come all and be a part of the First Official Mid Atlantic Mini Meet! We'll meet, talk about stuff, check out the cars and discuss some things for 05! And if you are up to it there is a Go Kart track that is right down the road for us to do a little "racing"! It's gonna be a blast :bounce: :bounce: :D

Mini Meet
Mystic_Cobra
Cobra330
BigRedMachine
95SVTCobraVA
MvKeeper
Cobracrazy
Budman

95SVTCobraVA
11-29-2004, 10:58 PM
Im sure you can add Jerry Duffy to that list.

See ya Saturday!

cobrabitn
11-29-2004, 11:32 PM
Will someone please take photos and a story for the newsletter?

Thanks and have a great time together! :thumbsup:

Mystic_Cobra
11-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Wish I could, probably dont know how badly I want to come but I have SAT testing that morning from 9-12 and I dont think that would leave enough time to get out there from where I am (right near Old Town and DC). I would be getting there at about 1:00 or 1:30. Have you all set a time to meet there? Maybe I can still work something out.

I agree with Mike. If we meet at 12, we will probably just be sitting down to eat at 1. I know I'll be checking out everyones car when we get there.

So, come out as soon as you get done with your test. The food is awesome! And we'll have a great time!

Mystic_Cobra
11-30-2004, 11:28 AM
Tony, I'll take pictures and do a writeup for the newsletter.

It sounds like the group wasn't too excited about paying $75 for multi-heat race. Which I totally understand. How do you guys feel about the one race deal for $20. It may sound like a lot of money for a short time on track, but it REALLY IS FUN!
I raced at Victory Lane in Charlotte a few weeks ago and they are awesome fast! These karts are supposed to be very similar in design and performance.

I wanted to get an idea of who is interested, because they like to have reservations. It would mean less waiting time for us.

Please post with a yes or no for karting.
Also, if you want to exchange cell numbers to help communication for Saturday, email me at mustangresource@hotmail.com.

Jimmy

cobra330
11-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Will someone please take photos and a story for the newsletter?

Thanks and have a great time together! :thumbsup:

Tony..no pics..private party..you will have to be there or be square! :spoke:

Just kidding...I will have my camera as I hope others will too! Oh and we'll be doing the award thing so...while I know it's cold get'em all shined up! Hopefully the weather is nice so, I can drive mine! If there is rain forecasted..she'll stay asleep in the garage. :baby:

Jimmy..I see you made it back safely..your car all fixed up now?

MvKeeper
12-01-2004, 12:48 AM
Ok well I finally got the ok from the folks and I will try to stop by after my SAT's... damn 3 hour long test!:dizzy:

If you all plan on getting there around 12 what time do you all plan on pulling out, I dont expect/or want you all waiting on me so if it fits into your time frame I will come bye and say hi.

Hope you all had a great turkey day!

BudMan
12-01-2004, 08:43 AM
Im sure you can add Jerry Duffy to that list.

See ya Saturday!

I'll be there Saturday if I can keep up with Tony on I-95..........., see you there, Duffey:rotf: :rotf:

Mystic_Cobra
12-01-2004, 11:04 PM
don't feel like we'll be waiting for you. I'm sure we'll be hanging out when you get there.
See ya saturday!

cobracrazy
12-02-2004, 12:15 AM
I can't wait to meet everyone.

BTW: Va Tech is playing Miami @ 1PM.... They better have the game on.

:thumbsup:

I am going to have to wash my car in this cold weather.... brrrr

95SVTCobraVA
12-02-2004, 12:17 AM
BTW: Va Tech is playing Miami @ 1PM.... They better have the game on. :thumbsup:

GO HOKIES :thumbsup: :D :thumbsup:

BigRedMachine
12-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Hello everyone,

I've been out of town for the past couple of days and I'm catching up on the boards. Are we still exchanging cell numbers. I would like to at least have one person's just in case I get lost or anything happens on the way. Got directions to Sweetwater in Sterling off mapquest so I'm ready to go.
BTW, if Sweetwater is anywhere near the Dulles Ford dealer on auto park circle, they had a Ford GT in the showroom when I was out there a couple of weeks ago. Don't know if anyone put the 160K down yet so it might still be there. ;)

PS. Got my brake rotors resurfaced so no more brake squeak (totally off subject but I'm so HAPPY about it!!!!! :D :D :D :D )

cobra330
12-03-2004, 06:17 PM
My cell is (301) 305-3301...I will probably start my trip around 11..I guess. Not sure how long it will take me to get there.

Oh BigRed..that GT is not there...I wrote a check for it last night! ;)

Just kidding...

Jimmy..I am out on the go kart..between..Christmas, Mods for the 04 and a bad sales year..I am broke!

BigRedMachine
12-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Somebody bought the GT before I could put a down payment on it?!?! :mad: Oh well, I guess I will have to live with my Cobra :)

I might be out on the go-karts. I have to spend all the extra dough on Christmas.

See you tomorrow.

MvKeeper
12-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Hey, hope to see you all sometime between 1 and 2. Seems like a great start to a day although a little early for me now.

Drive safe!

cobracrazy
12-04-2004, 07:12 PM
Great meeting everyone!! That was a nice group of cars. Sorry I had to bolt, but I simply could not miss the second half of the Va. Tech / Miami game.

VA TECH WON AND WE ARE THE ACC CHAMPS :bounce: :bounce:

Our first season in the ACC and we bring home the Title!!!

Oh yeah... I was supposed to talk about the cars..
Someone post some pics! ;)

cobra330
12-04-2004, 07:23 PM
We did have a nice group of Cobra's and 1 future Cobra owner! I won't say too much as Jimmy will be doing a write up on our FIRST EVER MID-ATLANTIC MEET! It may have been small but, watch out....were going to grow..as we discussed a few plans for next year. So stay tuned all of you in the Mid-Atlantic Region to this forum..as we have some nice things for next year. Just to give you an idea...we will be doing a Skyline Cruise..with the CVMC..right Tony Hall?, some Go-Kart Racing..perhaps a little SCMC league??..anybody up for some competition?, and perhaps head out to Summit Point as a group for some on track time..look like Jimmy has some others hyped on this one...and my favorite..maybe a show..for my Garage Queen...or as my girlfriend calls it..my $40,000.00 model! :D

Again it was great to meet everyone! We should do this more often and change the location so, it's as convient as possible for all.

Anyone in the region please feel free to post here your ideas or what your doing..let's try to do things as a group..no matter how small or how big(hopefully big!)

I was even thinking...a get together to detail our Cobra's or a group mod day? You know 2 or more heads are better than one? I may not be the best at doing mods..but, I am great at handing wrench's to people..right Jimmy?? :rotf:

cobra330
12-04-2004, 08:35 PM
Oh I forgot to mention that I think we got the Thumbs Up from the President of the United States on our meet today! I was on the way home..and what do I see...the South bound lanes of 495 are all blocked...no accidents and then I see it..the Presidents Motorcade...I waved and he gave me the Thumbs Up!!! I believe I even saw the SCMC decal on the side of his vehicle! So...that's what you miss if you aren't at our meets in the Mid-Atlantic!

Well...maybe that's not the complete truth...but, I did see the Motorcade! :thumbsup:

And a Ferrari Testorossa on 7 going home...I asked if he wanted to race but, he said no..I know a Cobra will eat me for lunch!
Well maybe that's not the whole truth either although I did see the Testorossa.. :eek:

95SVTCobraVA
12-05-2004, 02:23 PM
I had a great time at the SCMC Meet :thumbsup: Good to meet everyone and put a face with a name :D

Jerry and I had fun going home. That is once we got to I-95 Good thing the cops were occupied :D

I do have some pics. Who should I sned them to?

cobra330
12-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time! :woot:

You can post the pics here or start another thread with them...so, all can see...or maybe I should ask...are these digital or film?

So..once you got on the highway you were like :flash: eh?

johnbasf
12-06-2004, 12:52 AM
I had a great time at the SCMC Meet :thumbsup: Good to meet everyone and put a face with a name :D

Jerry and I had fun going home. That is once we got to I-95 Good thing the cops were occupied :D

I do have some pics. Who should I sned them to?

From where RT 17 meets I95 to Richmond is the "Cannonball Run". :eek:

95SVTCobraVA
12-06-2004, 06:38 PM
You can post the pics here or start another thread with them...so, all can see...or maybe I should ask...are these digital or film?

They are digital. I will try to post them later.

So..once you got on the highway you were like :flash: eh?

Nah it wasn't that bad 70-75 maybe 80 sometimes :rolleyes: John is right it is a cannonball run sometimes.

MvKeeper
12-06-2004, 07:00 PM
Hey thanks for letting me stop on bye, it was great to meet you all and put faces to names. Although I am horrable with names ha. Very nice cars you all have, got my dad more and more willing to look into some mods for the GT and maybe a Cobra way down the road. :bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce:

Cant wait to see the pics you got, and if its not to much maybe to see a draft or something of the artical your writing, if that is still in the works.

cobra330
12-06-2004, 10:01 PM
Hey thanks for letting me stop on bye, it was great to meet you all and put faces to names. Although I am horrable with names ha. Very nice cars you all have, got my dad more and more willing to look into some mods for the GT and maybe a Cobra way down the road. :bounce: :thumbsup: :bounce:

Cant wait to see the pics you got, and if its not to much maybe to see a draft or something of the artical your writing, if that is still in the works.

Pics and article to come. Jimmy (Mystic_Cobra) is working on that. Glad to hear you have your dad mod motivated! It's an easy bug to catch! Start saving now...for the new Cobra to come..it's gonna be a monster!

cobracrazy
12-06-2004, 10:55 PM
We need to do a cruise this spring!! Put the tops down and GO!!!
(For those of you without convertibles I got a Saws-All)
I am going to find a track event to do somewhere, probably Summit Point.

Did I mention that Va Tech is the ACC Champion and we are going to the Sugar Bowl? :D

cobra330
12-07-2004, 09:29 AM
We need to do a cruise this spring!! Put the tops down and GO!!!
(For those of you without convertibles I got a Saws-All)
I am going to find a track event to do somewhere, probably Summit Point.

Did I mention that Va Tech is the ACC Champion and we are going to the Sugar Bowl? :D

We are going to do a cruise. Will probably work with Jimmy on it..but, will look for help and suggestions!

Maybe your forum name should be Hokiecrazy?? :rotf:

cobracrazy
12-07-2004, 09:49 AM
Maybe your forum name should be Hokiecrazy??

Good idea... I could change my name during football season. LOL

95SVTCobraVA
12-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Just to give you an idea...we will be doing a Skyline Cruise..with the CVMC..right Tony Hall?

Yep that's right. I say we do one in the Spring and maybe hook up with NVMC. What do ya'll think?

Go-Kart Racing..perhaps a little SCMC league??..anybody up for some competition?,

Go-Kart Racing is always fun!

VA TECH WON AND WE ARE THE ACC CHAMPS

GO HOKIES!!!! BEAT AUBURN :thumbsup:

I think we should do a show. If you don't feel like trying to put one together next year you can always do what you were going to do this year and have a Show within a Show at CVMC's Annual Mustang & Ford Show.

I would have posted pics by now but I don't have a website. I haveasked a friend to host them so I can post them. :thumbsup:

cobracrazy
12-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Joining the NVMC cruise is a great idea. They usually have a Skyline drive cruise in the spring. Last spring we had about 40 cars. It was a great time!
:bounce:

cobra330
12-09-2004, 09:16 AM
Yep that's right. I say we do one in the Spring and maybe hook up with NVMC. What do ya'll think?

Sounds good to me!! Can't wait!

Go-Kart Racing is always fun!

We'll plan on doing that then!

GO HOKIES!!!! BEAT AUBURN :thumbsup:

I think we should do a show. If you don't feel like trying to put one together next year you can always do what you were going to do this year and have a Show within a Show at CVMC's Annual Mustang & Ford Show.

Not sure what we are going to do yet but, that's certainly a potential...I appreciate the offer!

I would have posted pics by now but I don't have a website. I haveasked a friend to host them so I can post them. :thumbsup:

Can't wait till 2005!!!