PDA

View Full Version : I installed the MGW Shifter

Evilcartman
11-06-2004, 05:15 PM
Well, I installed my MGW shifter today. It is a major improvement over the Tri-ax. It is a lot quieter, smoother and just feels better. It is different from any shifter I have had, but it is better once I got use to it, which was all of about 5 minutes.

Barry from Fordpower video taped the install and the road test. He was pointing out that it seemed I was shifting faster than before, and I think he is right. The MGW has a shorter throw and I felt more confident that I wasn't going to miss a gear because there is less slop in the handle, which in turn I shifted a little faster.

After the install I want to drive the car more so maybe this week I will take it to work a few times. I will post up some more results as I put miles on it since I only have about 10 on it right now. So far I'm very happy with it and it's worth the extra money to upgrade from the Tri-ax, let alone buy it to replace a stock shifter.

Firme
11-06-2004, 11:29 PM
that is cool Keith. :thumbsup:

I am still waiting for the 3650 shifter to be release :edmond:

ORANGE CRUSH
11-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Well, I installed my MGW shifter today. It is a major improvement over the Tri-ax. It is a lot quieter, smoother and just feels better. It is different from any shifter I have had, but it is better once I got use to it, which was all of about 5 minutes.

Barry from Fordpower video taped the install and the road test. He was pointing out that it seemed I was shifting faster than before, and I think he is right. The MGW has a shorter throw and I felt more confident that I wasn't going to miss a gear because there is less slop in the handle, which in turn I shifted a little faster.

After the install I want to drive the car more so maybe this week I will take it to work a few times. I will post up some more results as I put miles on it since I only have about 10 on it right now. So far I'm very happy with it and it's worth the extra money to upgrade from the Tri-ax, let alone buy it to replace a stock shifter.
Swweeeeeeeeet.. You guna let me try it out?

Evilcartman
11-08-2004, 10:25 AM
Swweeeeeeeeet.. You guna let me try it out?

Sure thing man, from the passenger seat. :D

Codes
11-11-2004, 10:19 AM
Awesome, where did you order if from. I am about fed up with the notchy ass stock shifter.

Firme
11-11-2004, 11:59 AM
Awesome, where did you order if from. I am about fed up with the notchy ass stock shifter.

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang.html

now that the 3650 are shipping, I should get mine in the next few days :thumbsup: