PDA

View Full Version : Had a good time at Drag Day.

NewFoundPower
11-07-2004, 12:18 PM
Just wanted to take a second and say how much I enjoyed drag day this weekend (even though I got lost on the way down :rotf: ). It was my first club event and it was really nice being able to put some names with faces. Jason, Tony, John, and the rest of you guys that I am forgetting, I really enjoyed meeting and talking to you. It really seems like this club has a really wonderful group of members who are really personable and social. I definitely think I kindled some new friendships. I would also like to thank George from MGW. Not only did he sponsor the show but when he wasn't doing 12.5 sec runs in his Viper (which he was disappointed with), he was taking the time to help others install their shifters. I just thought this was really spoke awesome for him to do. I got the chance to talk to him for about 30 minutes, and he answered all of my questions and was very friendly. He really stands behind his product and I really respect the fact that he took the time with so many others besides myself to answer questions and help install their new shifters. Hopefull the pic of him eating chicken wings will pop up on the board sometime (sorry, George but it WAS funny). I am looking forward to the next club event. Oh yeah, Tony, next year I'll be waiting to run a/g Mr. Chrome. Whatcha think, race for a year's membership? If I lose I pay double?:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
11-07-2004, 05:51 PM
Glad you enjoyed the event David. I hate you got lost but it's always nice to put faces with e-mail addresses.

We had a great day at the track, perfect weather, great attendance, fantastic help from Robbie, Burke, and Beverly, and a great sponsor! I wish all of our drag days were like that. It was nice riding down the road with Jason and Lan, seeing Ronnie and Maranda again, along with the Columbia lunch Club crowd.

Overall, a very successful day. :)

InfamousSVT
11-07-2004, 11:59 PM
I'd also like to jump in and say how much fun I had at Drag Day. I didn't really like waking up at 5:30am, but it was well worth it.
Everyone was friendly and didn't mind talking to you about any questions you had or anything. I really had a blast and can't wait until the next event! The only thing I regret is not running my car, after being there for a few minutes and seeing everyone else running there snakes down the track I just got that race bug:burnout: ! Next drag day I will definitely be in line to run!:)
I'd like to thank Tony and the rest of the members for being so friendly! I had a great time riding down, at the track, and dinner afterwards!

This is by far the best club around!:thumbsup:

Jason