PDA

View Full Version : Nice article, Bryan Shugg!

redsnake99
11-08-2004, 05:49 PM
Just got my December issue of Grassroots Motorsports and there's a six page spread on Bryan's Cobra and his involvement in American Iron racing. Lots of detail about his car and modifications he made to be a better racer.

Check it out!
Nice work, Bryan :thumbsup:

svt_coupe
11-09-2004, 11:58 AM
Hey thanks Dave! I haven't gotten my copy of it yet - BUMMER!!

chicote
11-10-2004, 03:02 PM
Also you are mentioned now in the Honda-Tech forum. Shugg's gone cross platform!

click here to read up what the honda dudes are saying (http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1049470)

johnbasf
11-10-2004, 06:33 PM
I'll talk to you about the article Shugg. :mad: :D

SIUNARA
11-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Great article! The only thing that would have made it better is if they put a picture of his mug in there for the ladies that will catch a glimpse of it. ;)

I've got my sharpie ready for you Shugg. :hail:

wildhorsesracin
11-11-2004, 07:16 PM
Way to go! Shuggy!

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

kevin
11-12-2004, 01:55 AM
great article shuggy butt.

planning on going pro eh???

beerkat
11-12-2004, 09:47 AM
Nice article Bryan, does your helmet still fit?:rotf:

justagt
11-12-2004, 01:19 PM
Bryan touched my magazine with his left finger. Bids start at $20, buyer pays shipping.

Comes with certificte of authenticity and an enlarged copy of his fingerprint for buyer to confirm it is real.

For another $10, I may be able to get it signed.

:D :D :D

johnbasf
11-12-2004, 01:38 PM
:rotf:

etm63
11-12-2004, 01:45 PM
Will,

Let's just skip the crap - put me down for $100!!!!:cool:

Way to go Bryan - now that I know all the goodies on your car, I won't have to ask you anymore....ha ha.

peace out,
Ed

mwilson7
11-13-2004, 08:36 AM
Well GRM finally got around to shipping to those of us with last names beginning with W!

Good article Shugg. I still thought there should have been a mug shot!

BOC- Beau
11-13-2004, 10:24 AM
Man, I got screwed! My name starts with a D and I still haven't got mine. I guess they ship to the Tennessee hills after the civilized folks get theirs. :(

mwilson7
11-15-2004, 11:26 AM
Beau,

How long does it take for the mail donkey to get to the top of the hill? :D

wildhorsesracin
11-15-2004, 11:41 AM
Bryan touched my magazine with his left finger. Bids start at $20, buyer pays shipping.

Comes with certificte of authenticity and an enlarged copy of his fingerprint for buyer to confirm it is real.

For another $10, I may be able to get it signed. :D :D :D

My daughter Caitlin still braggs to this day about the time she beat Shuggy in a go-cart - but then again she only weighs 70lbs and knew the course better than he did :thumbsup:

BOC- Beau
11-15-2004, 12:56 PM
Beau,

Well, it was loaded down pretty good. I walked past it a couple of times on my way back and forth to work. It must have took two days for him to get from the bottom to the top. :D He finally made it on Saturday. :woot: Nice article Shugg. :thumbsup:

svt_coupe
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM

Ha ha ha... you said donkey.

Thanks for the congrats everyone. It turned out to be a pretty cool article. Scott Lear (the author) is a heck of a good writer and a stand up guy. I thoroughly enjoyed working with him.

Yeah Kevin, I would love to go pro someday. I don't know... perhaps it's one of those un-obtainable pipe dreams... but it sure would be fun.

johnbasf
11-15-2004, 10:20 PM
Yeah Kevin, I would love to go pro someday. I don't know... perhaps it's one of those un-obtainable pipe dreams... but it sure would be fun.

:grinangel

E Fisher 12
11-16-2004, 06:50 PM
Great article Shugg and well deserved. Take it from me though... you always ALWAYS make sure to get a "head shot" in there to make you look cooler than you are ! It was great that they talked about your old man a bit and gave a background of the family racing history, I met him at BeavRun last year and had a chance to talk with him a while, great guy.

Elliott Fisher # 71
Panoz Racing Series

wildhorsesracin
11-16-2004, 11:34 PM
What I am shocked about is the fact that the article has a picture of Shugg holding a wrench!!!! who else was there?!?! he must've posed for it !!! :rotf: :rotf:

(j/k - who luvs ya? :thumbsup: )

Cobra-R
11-16-2004, 11:48 PM
Congrats Bryan. Just goes to show that a good driver is more important than a good car. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian

johnbasf
11-17-2004, 12:38 AM
Great article Shugg and well deserved. Take it from me though... you always ALWAYS make sure to get a "head shot" in there to make you look cooler than you are ! It was great that they talked about your old man a bit and gave a background of the family racing history, I met him at BeavRun last year and had a chance to talk with him a while, great guy.

Elliott Fisher # 71
Panoz Racing Series

Brian's parents are a class act for sure. :thumbsup:

svt_coupe
11-17-2004, 09:55 AM
Brian's parents are a class act for sure. :thumbsup:

Last weekend, we were able to get my father on track for the first time since 1980. We did a lead-follow session with me borrowing a car and him driving my AI car. After about 5 laps, he comes out from behind me, around a car or two, and that was the last I saw him. I couldn't catch him. Granted, he was in a racecar and I was in a street car, but the street car was an M3 with good tires and brakes - no slouch of a car.

Thanks for the compliments about my parents. I think my dad lives vicariously through me at times. Getting him on track and watching him clip off perfect apexes after a 24-year hiatus (and never having been to Summit Point) was a proud moment for me. Funny how roles can be reversed, huh?

johnbasf
11-17-2004, 12:12 PM
Last weekend, we were able to get my father on track for the first time since 1980. We did a lead-follow session with me borrowing a car and him driving my AI car. After about 5 laps, he comes out from behind me, around a car or two, and that was the last I saw him. I couldn't catch him. Granted, he was in a racecar and I was in a street car, but the street car was an M3 with good tires and brakes - no slouch of a car.

Thanks for the compliments about my parents. I think my dad lives vicariously through me at times. Getting him on track and watching him clip off perfect apexes after a 24-year hiatus (and never having been to Summit Point) was a proud moment for me. Funny how roles can be reversed, huh?

Bryan, I really wish you would have put the camera in there. :mad: :D

beerkat
11-18-2004, 10:08 AM
Hey Jon it is Bryan not Brian, j/k :D :D

Blown96Snake
11-23-2004, 12:30 AM
That is a great article Shugg! Seeing the Pimp factor of your white Cobra makes me want to paint my mirrors, sticker it up and roll...that is of course how you get all the ladies isn't it?

Congrats!

Dave

svt_coupe
11-24-2004, 10:04 AM
Thanks Dave!

LOL If racing is getting me all the ladies, I'd sure like to know where they are!!!

Admiral
11-24-2004, 11:17 AM
Bryan,

Great article, I really have enjoyed seeing your progress and reading of your exploits! Thanks again for all the help you gave me back in 2002 getting my AI car built. Based upon the comments above about your parents being a "class act" I'd say the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

Good luck in 2005!

svt_coupe
11-29-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the nice words, Mike. You sure you have the right person? :D

No problem with the assistance. I really didn't do that much!

Perhaps our paths will cross in '05. Would be a blast to see each other on track.
B