PDA

View Full Version : SCMC/MGW Drag Day at Carolina Dragway February 26, 2005

cobrabitn
11-09-2004, 10:26 PM
Our next scheduled date for drag racing at Carolina Dragway will be February 26, 2005. Make your plans now for a fun filled cool weather day at the dragstrip!

Hope to see some repeat participants! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
11-13-2004, 06:25 PM
I'll be there again! Running the car this time, no watching!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
11-17-2004, 09:42 PM
Well, after a long discussion with Burke Dawson.... we thought it would be good to have a "ladies" bracket competition, just for the ladies. We have yet to decide the rules but we want to have a "Queen Terminator" as well as a "King Terminator". They will both receive something for winning, could be cash, could be something else but definitely a trophy for knocking out the competition.

What are your thoughts on that? BTW, it would be for SCMC Ladies only! :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
11-18-2004, 09:40 AM
How many SCMC Ladies do we have that regularly attend the event?? If the number is high enough I would say fine, however if I were a lady I might take offense at having a seperate bracket because I would feel like I could compete with any man driving a car! :D ;) :rolleyes:

97whitevert
11-18-2004, 04:53 PM
oooohhhh GOOD ANSWER greg!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nckissfan
11-18-2004, 05:16 PM
well, I might actually let Tina drive my car.........hmmmmm let me think about that...........well maybe:D .......don't you tell her Lisa:doubt:

97whitevert
11-18-2004, 06:31 PM
well, I might actually let Tina drive my car.........hmmmmm let me think about that...........well maybe:D .......don't you tell her Lisa:doubt:who me???:grinangel::grinangel::grinangel:

nckissfan
11-18-2004, 10:59 PM
yeah, you are the one.......I will tell you that I bought her a Nikon D100 for Christmas......isn't she a lucky girl?:D

RF Cobra
11-18-2004, 11:10 PM
yeah, you are the one.......I will tell you that I bought her a Nikon D100 for Christmas......isn't she a lucky girl?:D
You know Lisa needs a new camera...Did you get her one too?

cobrabitn
11-18-2004, 11:26 PM
Burke and I believe some female SCMC members like Patti & Beverly wouldn't feel comfortable running against someone more experienced at the track. Mostly men here, so we thought they could have their own competition where they would feel more comfortable and can feel more like part of the event.

Thanks for your honesty, really. If we want your opinion and you give it then we should try to use what you suggested for making the event a more fun event.

Thanks..

97whitevert
11-19-2004, 05:02 PM

i hope tina doesn't get on here and read this!!!!!!! VERY NICE!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Dear santa.... how are you? you have been looking good, i have noticed. i have been a VERY good girl this year (better than most years). and since i had not one butt 2 of my cameras stolen this year, i thought that i would only ask for a couple of things; a safe return of all in foreign lands, and a NEW CAMERA. now you see i could ask for new car, but the new cobras won't be out for a couple of years, and i would have to settle for a new z06, butt that is beside the point. butt i digress... anyway, like i was saying... WHAT? take this elsewhere you say? fine huumphhhh.

97whitevert
11-19-2004, 05:05 PM
You know Lisa needs a new camera...Did you get her one too?YAH!!! what allan said!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: see my above post, and any subsquent, relavant threads....

97whitevert
11-19-2004, 05:05 PM
Burke and I believe some female SCMC members like Patti & Beverly wouldn't feel comfortable running against someone more experienced at the track. Mostly men here, so we thought they could have their own competition where they would feel more comfortable and can feel more like part of the event.

Thanks for your honesty, really. If we want your opinion and you give it then we should try to use what you suggested for making the event a more fun event.

Thanks..wow, i wonder what i missed..... :eek:

RF Cobra
11-19-2004, 06:15 PM

Thanks..
Could you do it both ways? There could be a separate class for the women so that those who don't want to compete against the men for whatever reason can do so. However, they would also be included with everyone else too so they would be competing both against just the other women on one list and also against everyone else at the same time. That way they could decide which list they want to pay more attention to without being excluded. Who knows, maybe one of them could surprise everyone and take top honors in both? :)

Or, there could be different classes based on experience level and participants would sign up that way regardless of being male or female.

Robbie '96
11-19-2004, 09:38 PM
Folks,IF Beverly and I would get out on a track it would be in total fun only. The thing of having a division for ladies only would be good because of the lack of experience for alot of ladies. It would be fun just to try it out but not for competing on my part (not yet). Burke and Robbie had discussed between themselves about letting Beverly and I get out on the track and try it to see what we thought. So we hope that no one got upset about making a division for ladies only.
Patti :D

nckissfan
11-19-2004, 09:51 PM
heck, I think it is a great idea, no pressure, just for fun like you said

cobrabitn
11-19-2004, 09:52 PM
RF Cobra,

While you make good points about competing in both, it would not be fair. They would have to choose which bracket class they want to run in because the women would be allowed to compete in the general competition and theirs and would have more opportunity to win then say the men would and that would not be fair. (If we do a cash payout)

If some of the women like Patti want to just go out and have some fun and not get too serious then they should have their own class. I think if the SCMC promotes it that way, we will have a lot more SCMC ladies competing against one another and having a good time while they are doing it. The pressure should be left for the main competition race. This is just supposed to be a fun thing to get better attendance at the event and more spectators.

A few rules I think we need to have are:

Women who compete in the ladies competition pay the spectator fee only, if their significant other is paying to test and tune. In other words, we don't charge them to run when their husbands already paid to run but we do charge them a spectator fee.

We can make this a "trophy" only race and then they can go into the main competition for cash if we leave the cash part out of the ladies race.

Burke and I think if we do this, we will be able to get the following benefits out of it:

1) First SCMC Track event designed for SCMC women
2) Better spectator attendance because everyone will want to see how the women of the SCMC do at the track.
3) More spectators means more cash for the winners of the bracket races
4) An opportunity to showcase that the SCMC has a great power behind it, and that would be the ladies in the club. :)
5) Most of all, I believe everyone will have fun watching the competition!

Feel free to offer constructive suggestions or ideas.

RF Cobra
11-20-2004, 05:20 PM
I was only thinking along the lines of trophies as awards in my response and had not thought about the cash payout scenario. In that case, the women should be given the option like you said. What I was thinking was more along the lines of doing a compilation of each class into an overall performance ranking just so people could compare how the did vs everyone else. I'm just speaking off the top of my head here and it may not be possible to do that.

I think what you presented is very well thought out and would be a good thing for the members and the club as a whole. :thumbsup:

scocher
11-21-2004, 04:38 PM
How many SCMC Ladies do we have that regularly attend the event?? If the number is high enough I would say fine, however if I were a lady I might take offense at having a seperate bracket because I would feel like I could compete with any man driving a car! :D ;) :rolleyes:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: You'd make a fine "lady", BD!! ;)

scocher
11-21-2004, 04:48 PM
Tony, I think a Ladies bracket is a great idea. :thumbsup: As you know, Bonny and I had a BLAST :bounce: :bounce: running against each other at the 5th Anniversary. It was a first for both of us, and we felt more comfortable than we would have if we ran agains the guys.

Big Daddy
11-22-2004, 02:00 AM
OK OK GEEZ I WAS JUST FUNNIN Y'ALL!!! :D I think if the woman want to be whimps and have their own run group well that's just fine! (NOW NOTICE THE WINKING SMILEY THIS MEANS I AM KIDDING!) ;) ;) ;) :D

On a serious note I really think it could be fun to watch and would be a good way to get some newbies some track time. :thumbsup:

scocher
11-22-2004, 11:39 AM
I think the real issue here is not male vs. female, but experience vs. non-experience. Why not have a novice group for those of us (men or women) who have little or no experience in drag racing? :)

scocher
11-22-2004, 11:42 AM
OK OK GEEZ I WAS JUST FUNNIN Y'ALL!!! :D I think if the woman want to be whimps and have their own run group well that's just fine! :thumbsup:
:doubt: :doubt: :doubt: :p :p :p
;) back atcha!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
11-22-2004, 07:55 PM
Actually, we just wanted it to be all women because it would be fun to watch them compete against one another. We're not trying to make this a male/female issue. We just want some of the women in the club to go out and have some fun competing with one another so we can watch and cheer them on. Is that so hard to understand or too much to ask? :(

Scream Machine
11-22-2004, 10:06 PM
I think it would be fun! :thumbsup: Heck, I need to learn how to "Drive it like I stole it" so I can put some tread on the hoods of some of the "motor revvers" that come up beside me in traffic!:burnout: Ya' Know!??

Maranda

yelsvt03cobra
12-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Just a thought but why would you put women in a Bracket class? Bracket is one of the hardest classes and consistancy is the key. There are poeple with 30K 10 yrs experience on the bracket cars to make them consistant and still can't do it. I don't know anyone in the SCMC club male or female that has a ton of bracket experience. (I am sure there are a few).

Just my thoughts but it would to me that for them to have fun and enjoy it would be a heads up race without them having to worry about breaking out of their time, etc.

I am not knocking the idea at all....I think it is great to get the women involved but making it so difficult and less fun the first time around may not get any repeats. Bracket racing sucks for anyone in my opinion, but just my opinion. Or maybe create a class like most improved. We did the most improved a few years back and it was awesome...

Please don't take this wrong or get mad. I am just thinking of the ladies. There are gonna be a lot of first timers out there hopefully and do you think they need to be worrying about their R/T, ET, and consistancy at the same time???

Again, I am just trying to help this event out because we are there every year and will be there in Feb. We enjoy it very much so I just wanted to try to help. I would love to see more women on the track and if we keep it fun then they will return. If you think I am an idiot, then stay with what ya got. :thumbsup:

yelsvt03cobra
12-02-2004, 08:10 AM
RF Cobra,

While you make good points about competing in both, it would not be fair. They would have to choose which bracket class they want to run in because the women would be allowed to compete in the general competition and theirs and would have more opportunity to win then say the men would and that would not be fair. (If we do a cash payout)

If some of the women like Patti want to just go out and have some fun and not get too serious then they should have their own class. I think if the SCMC promotes it that way, we will have a lot more SCMC ladies competing against one another and having a good time while they are doing it. The pressure should be left for the main competition race. This is just supposed to be a fun thing to get better attendance at the event and more spectators.

A few rules I think we need to have are:

Women who compete in the ladies competition pay the spectator fee only, if their significant other is paying to test and tune. In other words, we don't charge them to run when their husbands already paid to run but we do charge them a spectator fee.

We can make this a "trophy" only race and then they can go into the main competition for cash if we leave the cash part out of the ladies race.

Burke and I think if we do this, we will be able to get the following benefits out of it:

1) First SCMC Track event designed for SCMC women
2) Better spectator attendance because everyone will want to see how the women of the SCMC do at the track.
3) More spectators means more cash for the winners of the bracket races
4) An opportunity to showcase that the SCMC has a great power behind it, and that would be the ladies in the club. :)
5) Most of all, I believe everyone will have fun watching the competition!

Feel free to offer constructive suggestions or ideas.

I agree with you on the fairness but every female event we have ever observed did allow the women to run more than just their class. Putting them in a "Ladies only" class and telling them they aren't allowed to run with the guy's usually creates a problem at the event's that we have attended with a "female only" class. Again you asked for suggestion's so I will try to help in any way possible.

Shon Herron
12-06-2004, 09:32 AM
Our next scheduled date for drag racing at Carolina Dragway will be February 26, 2005. Make your plans now for a fun filled cool weather day at the dragstrip!

Hope to see some repeat participants! :thumbsup:

Cool!! Do you still want this posted in other locations and is SCFYB able to register with the usual discount? Do they need to put anything on the form once it has been posted?

I hope to make it but our son will be 10 days old (scheduled C-section; unless he comes early) so not sure if the wife will want me to leave her.... :baby:

I hate that I have missed a few in recent years but this is always one of the better events I go to, thanks to this club/members and the Carolina Dragway staff.

BOSSMAN
12-07-2004, 08:01 PM
The Sanders Racing crew will be there this time. Can I race with the lady's? :D

cobrabitn
12-07-2004, 08:44 PM
I'm sorry Shon.... yes, please post this on other boards for us, thanks.

Bossman, if you put on a dress, lipstick, high heels, hosiery, and dance around on the track then you can run with the women. :rotf:

BOSSMAN
12-07-2004, 08:52 PM
I did that for Halloween once. I might still have the dress! ;)

redsnake99
12-08-2004, 11:08 AM
Wow, Bossman in that getup would be a picture opportunity, would be posted on all the boards. He would be even more famous!

:eek:

HPT BANDIT
12-08-2004, 11:43 AM
I'm gonna try my best and make it to this event.

cobrabitn
12-27-2004, 05:31 PM
Here with go with the confirmed updated list for drag day:

Dave Stanfield - 1999 Rio Red Vortech Cobra Convertible
Tony Sorrentino - 2004 Mystichrome Cobra Coupe

redsnake99
12-27-2004, 07:56 PM
Looks great, Tony. You and me........no need for more cars. The rest can be spectators for the grudge match.

:spank2:

InfamousSVT
12-28-2004, 10:02 PM
Tony, if it's alright with you, I'll have my registration form and the due money for you at the Jan. 8th Charlotte meet!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
12-29-2004, 07:50 AM
That's cool.... I just hope if Carolina makes the playoffs that they don't play on Saturday or else we all may have to go to a sportsbar and watch the game. :rotf:

yelsvt03cobra
01-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Ok I called Jeff at the track and he said that he would love for us to bring the kids up with their cars along with ours so we can all play but I was needing to know if there is anything with SCMC that will prevent them from running? They have the arm restraints, fire suits, helments, etc... Completely NHRA approved everything but I wasn't sure if anyone with SCMC would have any conflicts with this or not. They are certified Jr. Dragsters running 10's in the 1/8th @ 60 mph. They will not be running the full 1/4 so they can pull off the early return. My daughter is 15 and my son is 13. Jeff already asked all the important questions before he gave me his answer. :)

Me and the wife will have our car's there for sure and as soon as I find out about the kid's then I will be mailing a check in.

Chris

PS. Here are their cars
if you care to look. http://corruptedstangs.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=667

cobrabitn
01-04-2005, 08:46 PM
Chris,

If Jeff says the insurance will cover it then I do not have a problem with it. It will certainly add more to the event! :)

Tony

yelsvt03cobra
01-04-2005, 09:00 PM
Thanks Tony they are really looking forward to running @ Carolina even thought they can't run the full 1/4 they will still have a blast. I will be sending in the form for our 4 car's within the week.

Chris

cobrabitn
01-08-2005, 09:35 PM

Jason Herd - 2004 Competition Orange Cobra Coupe
Dennis McCrary - 2003 Black Cobra Coupe

yelsvt03cobra
01-11-2005, 03:31 PM
You will be getting several more from us next week so stand by...

4 from my family possibly 5 and several member's we will send together. I have tried contacting you but it seem's you have no PM option's or email listed. I have a question about the event if you don't mind calling me or sending me an email please sir.

Thank's again,

Chris

BadMoFo
01-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I think the real issue here is not male vs. female, but experience vs. non-experience. Why not have a novice group for those of us (men or women) who have little or no experience in drag racing? :)

the only downfall I see to having a novice bracket would be people pretending to have no experience and wooping up on those who really dont just so they could win the money or trophy in the end. but as for a womens bracket I think that would be cool.

cobrabitn
01-21-2005, 09:36 PM

Trevor Lawrence - 2004 White Cobra Coupe

InfamousSVT
01-24-2005, 08:24 PM
Alright people, where is everyone for Dragday? I'm ready to have some fun and race a few of you guys! I don't care if I win or lose, it's all in fun for me!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :D

yelsvt03cobra
01-24-2005, 09:27 PM
I assure you that me and the wife will be there with our cars. We will send in the apps asap. We also have a few others but they will be in Fla until the end of next week.

We also may bring the kid's Jr. Dragsters but really haven't decided on that one yet.

You won't be racing alone...It will just seem like it being so far behind. :rotf:

InfamousSVT
01-24-2005, 10:39 PM
We also may bring the kid's Jr. Dragsters but really haven't decided on that one yet.

You won't be racing alone...It will just seem like it being so far behind. :rotf:

I think it would be great to have your kids bring the Jr. Dragsters, that would be a fun thing to watch!

As for me being so far behind, that's probably true:rolleyes: :jk: :D , but we'll see Dragday!!:D

-Jason

yelsvt03cobra
01-24-2005, 11:02 PM
Yeah I really want to bring them but we can't find a freakin trailer big enough. Still looking so we have hopes.

Just smack talking...We are both slow also but enjoy running down the track from time to time. :cool:

InfamousSVT
01-24-2005, 11:18 PM
I hope you find one, and are able to bring them! Good luck on finding one!

Smack talk.....it's all in fun!:D :thumbsup:

AslowGT
01-25-2005, 12:03 PM
Hey guys, new to the boards. I live about an hour and a half from Jackson and would love to attend. I have a 2001 GT that is under going a new motor but nothing fancy. Just a aggressive NA setup. I am not looking to compete, just attend the show, and get in on the T&T if possible. I have 2 friends with Cobras 03 and 98, and a few more people with regular GTs.

It wasn't clear to me if non-Cobras were allowed to play too :)

Big Daddy
01-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Hey guys, new to the boards. I live about an hour and a half from Jackson and would love to attend. I have a 2001 GT that is under going a new motor but nothing fancy. Just a aggressive NA setup. I am not looking to compete, just attend the show, and get in on the T&T if possible. I have 2 friends with Cobras 03 and 98, and a few more people with regular GTs.

If you pay you can play! We don't really have a "competition" what we do have is a Test and Tune and then in the afternoon we do bracket racing which the GT has as good of a chance of winning as any other car. It's about being consistant and not about who's the fastest! :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
01-25-2005, 05:34 PM
Get your friends and tell them about it and come on down! The application form is on the front page of the SCMC website. Print it out, sign-up, and mail it in! It's all for fun and you'll have a great time!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-25-2005, 10:06 PM
There will not be a show at this event, it will be a full day of test and tune with an afternoon bracket race. Purse money has exceeded a few hundred dollars if you come in either first or second. Invite friends or anyone that wants to run their car down the track. We will have several GM guys attending as they do every event. We have become a closer knit group whether they owned a GM or Ford. We are there just to have some fun! :thumbsup:

Hope you get your car fixed in time to join us... :)

yelsvt03cobra
01-26-2005, 12:00 AM

Hey man we don't do a whole lot with the SCMC since we don't road race or do car show's and are limited to our travel but they have this event 2X a year and it is 2 events that we don't miss.

Ton's of really great people and an awesome day at the track. SCMC has the best TNT days we attend and we attend a lot of them from various tracks and sponsors.

Hope to see you there.

Chris

yelsvt03cobra
01-26-2005, 12:02 AM
I hope you find one, and are able to bring them! Good luck on finding one!

Smack talk.....it's all in fun!:D :thumbsup:

Thanks man and I finally decided to settle for a 28 ft box instead of the 32 ft V-nose since ebay has more than the local lots and not too far to drive. We will have one for sure by track day just not sure if it will be white, red, or black. All depends on which auction that we win on. :D

yelsvt03cobra
01-26-2005, 12:06 AM
So will there be a Ladies head's up class or is it gonna be bracket or just TNT? My wife has a few of her friends coming and they all have less than 10 passes each under their belt. Would be cool to have a few more running.

Twigg's has Queen of the Street class which is heads up, street legal, DOT tired, tagged and insured and has to be their own cars.

We will be there the Sunday before on the 20th hoping not to break anything important this time. :p

cobrabitn
01-26-2005, 12:08 AM
I say we try the ladies competition and I like the idea of them not having more then say 20 passes on the strip as that would make it a little more even and a little more interesting. :)

AslowGT
01-26-2005, 07:19 AM
Thanks for the kind replies everyone, I will definitly make a push to get my friends to come. I will even let some of our F bod guys know about it too if thats not going to be a problem.

My car will be too new to know, but maybe the TNT will give me some time to find a good dial in.

What are the hours on the track? I work nights, so I need to plan the night before and after off! :)
Hope to meet some of you soon!
Alex

yelsvt03cobra
01-26-2005, 08:01 PM
Thanks for the kind replies everyone, I will definitly make a push to get my friends to come. I will even let some of our F bod guys know about it too if thats not going to be a problem.

My car will be too new to know, but maybe the TNT will give me some time to find a good dial in.

What are the hours on the track? I work nights, so I need to plan the night before and after off! :)
Hope to meet some of you soon!
Alex

We go to Augusta on Friday night. Get up around 7-8 am and eat together and then drive 15-20 minutes to the track. Usually getting there by 9:30 and I think it end's at 3PM but some stay all night for the bracket that they have on Saturday's.

InfamousSVT
01-26-2005, 08:24 PM
I say we try the ladies competition and I like the idea of them not having more then say 20 passes on the strip as that would make it a little more even and a little more interesting. :)
Hey, I've only got 1 pass under my belt and that was with a 4.2L F-150. I've never driven a Cobra or any sports car down a track! I guess I need to go practice launching and stuff before I go down there!

Tony, are we going to meet at McDonalds again and go from there? Trevor and I will be coming up and I'm trying to talk John into running his Saleen S/C!:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-26-2005, 11:40 PM
The gates open at 9:30 am and test and tune starts at 10:00 am. The event is over at 5:00 pm. You can stay for the Saturday night racing free of charge as this is part of the agreement we have with the track.

The track personnel are great to work with and you will enjoy the day of running against your friends over and over again.

Our format is as follows:

Test and Tune - 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Bracket Race - 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Awards ceremony - 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Test and Tune - 4:30 till closing

All times are approximate and bracket winner usually wins a trophy and cash. Cash depends upon the number of participants we have and the number of spectators at the event. Spectator fee is $5.00. Entry fee is $40.00, $35.00 if you attended before and preregister, $50.00 the day of the event.

Go to the main website to preregister. www.svtcobraclub.com/mainpage.html

Yes, we will meet and leave McDonald's on Cherry Road at 7:00 am in Rock Hill, just like we did the last time. :D

Please go to other bulletin boards for me and spread the word, thanks!

temjin9876
01-28-2005, 09:08 AM
hey Tony,

A friend of mine wants to come this year with his bike. Are motorcycles allowed to run?

temjin9876
01-31-2005, 10:24 AM
hello?

cobrabitn
02-01-2005, 09:30 PM
If the track covers the insurance then I think that would be cool to see what your friend's bike would do. We just don't want to have a biker convention if you know what I mean?

temjin9876
02-02-2005, 10:24 AM
so do i need to call the track and find out?

AslowGT
02-04-2005, 03:08 PM
Hey guys, I am back. I went ahead and posted a link to my local car club in Statesboro, GA. www.bigboosting.com (http://www.bigboosting.com) is our site, I am sure a few of us will be there for sure. We are made up mostly of imports, but I am sure us Ford and Chevy guys will be there along with a few very fast imports.

InfamousSVT
02-04-2005, 04:26 PM
That's great! The more people we have the more fun we'll have!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
02-04-2005, 11:39 PM
Jason,

Would you go to other boards and post this event for me? :)

I'll contact the track about the bike. :)

Thanks!

InfamousSVT
02-05-2005, 08:24 AM
Sure will!!:D

Sonic03inSC
02-05-2005, 12:20 PM
Tony,
Can I send one check for membership renewal & the track fee's

cobrabitn
02-05-2005, 08:44 PM
Absolutely John! Just send it all to:

SCMC
1642 Huntmoor Drive
Rock Hill, SC 29732

:thumbsup:

kilroy
02-07-2005, 10:10 PM
Jason,

Would you go to other boards and post this event for me? :)

I'll contact the track about the bike. :)

Thanks!
Tony, I've posted this event up on a few boards I frequent as well. See you in a few weeks!

-James

InfamousSVT
02-07-2005, 10:15 PM
Tony,

What day will you be getting Mr.Chrome ready for Dragday? If you don't mind I'd like to come over with my car and we can help each other! Let me know, also let me know about this weekend!

~where's the updated dragday list~;)

cobrabitn
02-07-2005, 10:22 PM
Thanks James, I appreciate that. My schedule is such that I have a hard time getting this information out in a timely manner.

Jason, I do not know that I'll be bringing the Mystic to the drag day. if the 94 is ready by then (Which I think it will be), I'll be seeing what new times it will be putting out at the strip. I will probably just throw the drag slicks in the back and change them at the track. If you need me to help you get your car ready, then just let me know when you need my help! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Updated Drag Day List:

Trent Heinrich - 2004 Silver Dodge Neon SRT-4 :thumbsup:

Sonic03inSC
02-09-2005, 08:44 AM
Tony, my check is in the mail. :bounce:

drtsvt03
02-09-2005, 05:40 PM
i guess i will be paying at the front again guys.....but i cant wait to run down the ol 1320 again and see if i cant better my times...last time was a personal best for me...this time better tires so lets just see what happens

cobrabitn
02-10-2005, 09:08 PM
updated list:

Trent Heinrich - 2004 Silver Dodge Neon SRT-4
John Anderson - 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe :thumbsup:

I did ask about the bike question too and I expect an answer this week.

cobrabitn
02-14-2005, 11:12 PM
updated list:

John Anderson - 2003 Sonic Blue Cobra Coupe
Greg Baranek - 1994 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Daniel Bevil - 2004 Silver Cobra Coupe
Michael Moore - 2003 Redfire Cobra Coupe
Austin Calhoun - 1995 Multicolored Jr Dragster
Nichole Calhoun - 1998 Multicolored Jr Dragster
Chris Calhoun - 1991 Red/silver Mustang GT Hatchback
Tanya Calhoun - 1985 Burgundy Mustang GT Hatchback
Jay Harrison - 1998 Blue Mustang GT Coupe
Todd Frailey - 2003 Blue/Black Mustang GT Coupe :thumbsup:

I also heard there is going to be a few more Cobras, Lightnings, Corvettes, and Harley trucks coming. :) Looks like we are going to have another good turnout.

yelsvt03cobra
02-15-2005, 10:21 PM
Ha Ha my kid's are gonna crap when they see their names on the drag day list. Just too cool. This will be their 3rd passes ever and they are already tickled about it so I will have to print the list for them to save. First time their names have ever been listed as a drag event.

Hey Tony, all Gt's pre 94 are hatchbacks instead of coupe's Sir. Just figured I would let you know so you guys don't look for any coupes being in our group.

Oh and we found a trailer. It had nothing but empty space when we got it but we started working on it today and should have it ready a week in advance. How ya like thw Jr. Dragsters hanging high?

http://corruptedstangs.net/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=2;t=714

When we come to Rock Hill to visit our family and the grave sites my wife and I would like to meet a few of you for lunch if your free. I'll let ya know when.

The bottom 6 are just a few of us. We have several more but they couldn't get the $$$ by here in time. Should be a great turn out. Is there a limit like last time of 60 cars/trucks?
Chris

InfamousSVT
02-15-2005, 10:26 PM
I'm glad you guys found a trailer, can't wait to see them tearing up the track!:thumbsup:

See you in a week!:)

cobrabitn
02-15-2005, 11:02 PM
Chris,

I would recommend you come on a day when we have a Charlotte event going on so you can meet a lot more of us. We will be doing a karting event around July sometime so maybe you canhook up with us then?

See you in a week or so... :D

yelsvt03cobra
02-15-2005, 11:06 PM
I'm glad you guys found a trailer, can't wait to see them tearing up the track!:thumbsup:

See you in a week!:)

Thanks man... It look's like our big event at Twigg's may get rained out this Sunday which means I won't have a rush repair job next week. :D

The Charlotte events are usually bigger than we will have time for probably. We come up Friday night, visit relatives all day Saturday and then Sunday visit the past relatives and head home but we may be able to bypass the living relatives for a Stang show. :rotf:

Looking forward to the event and we will see you in less than 2 week's. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
02-16-2005, 12:31 PM
Mike,

I called the dragstrip and it is okay to bring the bike if you want to see what it runs?

Chris,

We have the Mooresville Ford show on June 4, 2005 in Mooresville, NC (Home of Nascar). We welcome you to come any time you want...

Thanks,

Tony

BOSSMAN
02-16-2005, 11:43 PM
Tony,

I am putting the check in the mail tomorrow. :thumbsup:

yelsvt03cobra
02-20-2005, 10:03 PM
Okay it is calling for rain this Saturday so everyone gather round and pray for another great day. We got really lucky in Nov. with a overcast and the sun came out a good bit.

Man I hope the forecst is wrong as usual. My kid's will be really upset. :(

InfamousSVT
02-21-2005, 12:03 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any goals for some new numbers they want to hit?
I've never actually been to a strip to drag my car, so I'm not going to make any predictions for myself. The whole tree is going to be a little tricky for me, but I should be fun to watch!:)

cobrabitn
02-21-2005, 08:06 AM
It's too early to tell what the weather will be doing. We just need to look 48 hours out and that will be pretty close. Thenagain, it may just be overcast like it was in November. 61 degrees is definitely a great temperature for drag racing! :thumbsup:

Here in Rock Hill, it shows a high of 57 degrees and partly cloudy on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday so don't sweat it right now... ;)

yelsvt03cobra
02-21-2005, 10:20 AM
Just wondering if anyone has any goals for some new numbers they want to hit?
I've never actually been to a strip to drag my car, so I'm not going to make any predictions for myself. The whole tree is going to be a little tricky for me, but I should be fun to watch!:)

How close to stock is the Cobra? I would like to make some predictions if you don't mind. I have a 03 Cobra also and ran it from stock and every stage up to now and it is well over 500 rwhp in several different conditions and tire variations. Are you running slicks, etc?

Sonic03inSC
02-21-2005, 04:06 PM
I'm looking for 11.80's-11.70's, that would be nice:bounce:

here is a radar that will stay up to date.
http://image.weather.com/web/radar/us_chs_closeradar_large_usen.jpg

yelsvt03cobra
02-21-2005, 05:11 PM
I think we are gonna take the easy route instead of leaving early Sat. Here is where we will be at if anyone else decides to be lazy also.

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hd/agsgh?irs=y

Anyone care to race me or the wife for some cokes and hot dogs? The hotel is breaking me so we are gonna need to feed our kid's. :D

InfamousSVT
02-21-2005, 09:16 PM
How close to stock is the Cobra? I would like to make some predictions if you don't mind. I have a 03 Cobra also and ran it from stock and every stage up to now and it is well over 500 rwhp in several different conditions and tire variations. Are you running slicks, etc?
Just to let you know I've never been to a drag strip to run my car or any car for that matter.
I'm just going to run it in full street trim. No slicks or drag radials (this time). All my mods are in my sig and are all up to date, my last dyno was last Friday and the results are in my sig also. But I'm going to get it re-tuned because the tuner put too much timing in it and that's the reason it's putting out so much right now. It's not safe, although I'm running 93 octane so it may be ok for now. So what do you think I'll run?

kilroy
02-22-2005, 03:39 AM
So what do you think I'll run? You should be deep in the 11s if you can hook it. If you sense wheel-hop, lift. My advice would be to bring a set of DRs, minimally. Otherwise you'll always wonder what could have been.

Also, I recall a Shell station out on I-20 (N. Augusta exit) that sells 100 Octane & there's a quick shop right off of 278 (leading to the track) that sells Turbo Blue 104 (Unleaded, I believe). May be worth a little piece of mind if your timing's cranked...

cobrabitn
02-22-2005, 07:49 AM
Bring drag radials! :thumbsup:

yelsvt03cobra
02-22-2005, 12:42 PM
Just to let you know I've never been to a drag strip to run my car or any car for that matter.
I'm just going to run it in full street trim. No slicks or drag radials (this time). All my mods are in my sig and are all up to date, my last dyno was last Friday and the results are in my sig also. But I'm going to get it re-tuned because the tuner put too much timing in it and that's the reason it's putting out so much right now. It's not safe, although I'm running 93 octane so it may be ok for now. So what do you think I'll run?

I have seen several in the high 10's with less than what you have. I ran a 12.05 feathering the clutch and granny shifting with not much less than your rwhp.

You should be able to get mid to high 11's on street tires but I would get some stickier tires and just not launch really hard. Just use them to stop from breaking out after your launch. I know when I am in 2nd or 3rd gear and hammer it the rear tends to want to come around on me and it will make a huge difference if you can stay in it once your launched. If you launch hard on sticky tires then you have a good chance of snapping something. I launched @ 2,500 feathering a bit and then nailed it but never pro shifted my car so I am sure it will go deep in the 11's and it is a heavy azz vert. So get some tires and let's see what we can get out of that beast...

If this is your first time then you picked a good time to run. There are several of us that will be more than happy to positively criticize you and help you get it down the track better each pass.

Micky Thompson has some bad Drag Radials in the 17' series. I have gotten 1.50's on them myself.

Good luck and looking forward to a great day...

Chris

Sonic03inSC
02-22-2005, 08:58 PM
That is a lot of power for what you have... You sure you don't have a ported blower :thumbsup: those are some great numbers. you should be easily into the 11's. See you there. :bounce:

cobrabitn
02-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Updated list:

Todd Frailey - 2003 Blue/Black Mustang GT Coupe
Bill Johnson - 1993 Red Mustang LX
Jonathon Sanders - 1987 Blue LX Coupe
David Sanders - 1999 Black Cobra Coupe :thumbsup:

AslowGT
02-22-2005, 11:34 PM
I am planning to be there. My car is all done as of a week and I got what I hope to be, the last of the kinks out.

I will be bringing my zinc yellow GT on a trailor, since its a bit of a distance, and the stock 28 splines dont seem to like drag radials and hard launches. This will be my first runs on the new motor, and DRs. Better safe then sorry.

A bunch of my buddies were going to make it, but they dont want to pay the fees. Lots of them will probably show up at 4:30.

cobrabitn
02-22-2005, 11:53 PM
Glad you could make it out to the event AslowGT. I'm not sure why your friends don't want to pay the entry fee though? It cost $40.00 your first time and $35.00 each time after that if they preregister. On a typical test and tune night you pay $12.00 and get maybe 4 runs. That's $3.00 a run....you can pay $40.00 here if you preregister and get 30 runs plus run against your buddies all day. That's .75 per run, that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. Basically, all we do is take some of their entry fee and give out cash awards with it. I never could understand why someone would pay $50.00 to do three pulls on a dyno but not pay $40.00 to really see what their mods have done down the quarter mile??

After our event is over, they can stay all night till closing and they don't have to pay again. That saves them $12.00 plus they have the chance to win trophies and cash during our bracket competition. Oh well, that's how it is sometimes.

SCMC prides itself on value for both its members and event participants. We try to take care of the participants who attend our events.

I believe the biggest problem is people do not want to preregister because they want to see what the weather is going to be like. They can then decide to attend or not. In the past, SCMC just gives you a credit so if you miss the Spring date, you are paid for the Fall date. You don't lose your money, it just stays in a "holding pot" for later.

This event is limited to the first 60 cars that register, so that everyone can get plenty of trips down the strip. Once we fill, everyone else is a spectator. Thanks for being a part of our event! :D

redsnake99
02-23-2005, 04:43 PM
Tony, where to meet Saturday morning in Rock Hill, at what time, to caravan down to Carolina Dragway? :bounce:

97whitevert
02-23-2005, 05:15 PM
Tony, where to meet Saturday morning in Rock Hill, at what time, to caravan down to Carolina Dragway? :bounce:ditto what dave said :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
02-23-2005, 06:37 PM
The McDonalds off of 77- Rock Hill exit. We leave there at 7am!:D

cobrabitn
02-23-2005, 11:50 PM
What he said! :p

cobrabitn
02-24-2005, 10:15 PM
Updated list:

David Sanders - 1999 Black Cobra Coupe
David Lynn - 2001 Rio Red Lightning

cobrabitn
02-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Updated list:

David Sanders - 1999 Black Cobra Coupe
David Lynn - 2001 Rio Red Lightning
Gordon Warren - 1967 Red Camaro
Ken Jett - 1966 Red Chevelle :thumbsup:

Don't let these numbers fool you. This is about average for preregistration. Usually we have at least 45 cars there but I have a suspicion that it'll be more tomorrow. Everyone is dying to go out and see what their mods have done. I also got a call from some guy with an Outlaw Car that will coming down from MD to test and tune his Mustang. Should be a fun time! :bounce:

67Camaro
02-25-2005, 02:02 PM
Well, my Camaro is red, but that's ok. Red, blue, yellow....so long as it's not remembered as being PINK! :)

Thanks for letting Kenny and I join you guys again. It's a long haul for us, but it's a lot of fun.

-gw

johnbasf
02-25-2005, 02:37 PM
Well, my Camaro is red, but that's ok. Red, blue, yellow....so long as it's not remembered as being PINK! :)

Thanks for letting Kenny and I join you guys again. It's a long haul for us, but it's a lot of fun.

-gw

:D :D

97whitevert
02-25-2005, 03:55 PM
:D :Djohn-- you going?? call me! :thumbsup:

johnbasf
02-25-2005, 04:34 PM
I'm going to skip this one Lisa. :(

97whitevert
02-25-2005, 05:53 PM
I'm going to skip this one Lisa. :(bummer-- I was gonna say ride down with us... :( :(

InfamousSVT
02-25-2005, 06:26 PM
Twelve more hours before we are going to be seeing you guys at McD's!

Just as long as you don't mind, Trevor and I have a bunch of spectators coming with us!

Me - Comp Orange
Trevor - White
Johnny - Saleen Extreme
Haitham - GT
Mike - Roush
Richard - ? (new member)

That's all that's driving down with us, but we'll see you guys at McD's! I can't wait!!:D :D :thumbsup:

johnbasf
02-25-2005, 07:01 PM
bummer-- I was gonna say ride down with us... :( :(

You taking the "girlie" car? :D

97whitevert
02-25-2005, 09:32 PM
You taking the "girlie" car? :Dnope the sonic-- butt i am more than willing to curl up in the back seat and sleep... well probably not sleepo with the 2 of you talking... :rotf: :rotf:

InfamousSVT
02-27-2005, 08:24 PM
Had a blast at dragday!

Next time I'll be having some drag radials!:D :thumbsup:

Hazman
03-02-2005, 06:27 PM
Sounds like it was a great event for everyone. The club and event are getting good press over on the SVTPerformance board.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155096
:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
04-28-2005, 07:11 AM
Event coverage here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/Spring%20Comes%20Early%20When%20you%20Go%20To%20The%20SCMC.pdf

Event stats coming soon with a few videos. :)

ponie1992
06-01-2005, 11:16 PM
Event coverage here:

http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/Spring%20Comes%20Early%20When%20you%20Go%20To%20The%20SCMC.pdf

Event stats coming soon with a few videos. :)
link doesn't work. please help.

ponie1992
06-05-2005, 02:43 PM
can someone please help with the link for the drag day coverage. it doesn't work.

InfamousSVT
06-05-2005, 02:47 PM
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/scmcevents/pdfs/Spring%20Comes%20Early%20When%20you%20Go%20To%20The%20SCMC.pdf

Here you go.......since they are consitantly updating our site, we have to move some of the events in the "PAST EVENTS" posting on our home page.:thumbsup:
Enjoy, and join the club and participate in the Fall Dragday and you could be in the next posting of the dragday news.:D

ponie1992
06-18-2005, 02:12 PM
that worked, thanks. no picture of my car though:( . maybe i'll get on there from the fall race.