PDA

View Full Version : Which Catback for an 04...and then x or h pipe?

cobra330
11-11-2004, 10:32 AM
Okay..which one would you go with and why? My thoughts are horsepower and making it loud! Now...also..let me know what would you do in conjunction with the Catback..H or X pipe? I am thinking X but, let me know! This is a mod that will come early next year...or maybe sooner!

NewFoundPower
11-11-2004, 11:12 AM
Just depends on what you want. I would suggest a Bassani Cat-back. Just put one on my 04 and love it. Now as far as the midpipe goes. Here are your options. A h-pipe is gonna give up a deeper more throaty Mustang sound, while an X-pipe will be more of an exotic sound similar to something you would hear on a Ferrar or Lamborghini. As far as the hp difference goes, you will get more from a X but I have been told by quite a few people that it isn't that great of a difference only a couple of hp. Now once again, this is what I have heard from talking to various people. I think you will be surprised at how much better the car sounds with just a Cat-back. I had intended to replace my whole exhaust system before the end of the year but I am more than pleased with the Bassani and the factory mid-pipe so now I think I will wait on the rest of the exhaust and spend my money on something else. Hope this helps, I know how frustrating it can be to decide:rotf: :D .

-D-

crunchit
11-11-2004, 11:54 AM
NewFoundPower~can you post a link for that cat back. Think I wanna go with Bassani. Thanks!

cobra330
11-11-2004, 12:21 PM
Thanks NewFoundPower...so which one did you go with...from Bassani? I will also be doing one at a time..

I want that throaty growl for sure but, I will do the catback first..and go from there.

NewFoundPower
11-11-2004, 12:30 PM
This is the company I ordered my Bassani cat-back from http://www.proficientperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PP&Category_Code=bas_catback_overaxle_ford_must_4-6after ALOT of looking around, they were the cheapest. I have always been a flowmaster fan but now I am strictly Bassani. You won't believe the difference in your car when you get that crappy factory exhaust replaced.

-D-

cobra330
11-11-2004, 02:16 PM
This is the company I ordered my Bassani cat-back from http://www.proficientperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PP&Category_Code=bas_catback_overaxle_ford_must_4-6after ALOT of looking around, they were the cheapest. I have always been a flowmaster fan but now I am strictly Bassani. You won't believe the difference in your car when you get that crappy factory exhaust replaced.

-D-

Which one did you get Stainless or Aluminized? Part number?

NewFoundPower
11-11-2004, 06:03 PM
Didn't go stainless, really didn't see the need to. I am not worried about the pipes rusting since the car isn't a daily driver and I couldn't justify paying $755 for just a catback. I got it from this website http://www.proficientperformance.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=PP&Category_Code=bas_catback_overaxle_ford_must_4-6they seemed to be the cheapest out of all the other places I contacted. Part #BAS-Bx4603C5S.
Good luck.

-D-

InfamousSVT
11-11-2004, 07:17 PM
Just to add a side note!

I've heard that when running a straight through muffler like the Bassani, you would want to go with a X-pipe. But when running a chambered muffler, like Flowmaster, you should run the H-pipe!
I'm running the Flowmaster Super 40's and MAC Prochamber and love the sound, I only replaced the h-pipe and mufflers, but you need to go with 2.5" pipes throughout! Which I will be re-doing my whole exhaust system at the beginning of the year!
Going with JBA shorty headers, Catted Prochamber, and Flowmaster Super 40's, all 2.5" mandrel bent pipes!

Hope this helps!:thumbsup:

cobra330
11-11-2004, 08:05 PM
Thanks everyone for your help. Yes I heard the same thing with the H and X. I like the Flows myself but, was thinking this time around..I may want to try something else....Decisions Decisions.

I want to make sure when I do it..I do it right the first time..I have so many mods I want to do..I can't go back and redo any of them....at least for now.

InfamousSVT
11-11-2004, 08:10 PM
I want to make sure when I do it..I do it right the first time..I have so many mods I want to do..I can't go back and redo any of them....at least for now.

I know what you mean, I just wanted the extra sound when I did mine the first time, but now I'm going to do it right and the complete exhaust system, so I get the sound and the performance!

crunchit
11-13-2004, 06:30 PM
NewFoundPower: Thanks, great price. It's listed for the 04. I have a 03. there's no difference, right?

Also on a side note: While at ford service I was talking to the tech. He asked me if I planned on changing the pully and I said wanted to, but didn't want to void my warrantee. He made some suggestions if I chose to do the work, like tensioner, chip, etc. and then took me over to the warantee guy. Make a long story short, they said as long as I let them do the work there for my mods they'll keep me covered :cool:. Not a bad deal.

Thanks for the link.:thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
11-13-2004, 06:34 PM
Also on a side note: While at ford service I was talking to the tech. He asked me if I planned on changing the pully and I said wanted to, but didn't want to void my warrantee. He made some suggestions if I chose to do the work, like tensioner, chip, etc. and then took me over to the warantee guy. Make a long story short, they said as long as I let them do the work there for my mods they'll keep me covered :cool:.
I asked the tech at my dealership that also about putting extra stuff on the car, he said the same thing! Doesn't matter what you put on as long as they install it!!

NewFoundPower
11-13-2004, 06:40 PM
Thats interesting. Never thought of having Ford do it.

Crunchit, yes, it will work for an 03.

-D-

InfamousSVT
11-13-2004, 06:51 PM
The only thing about having FORD install the stuff is that they'll charge a hell of a lot more to do it! But, atleast the warranty is still safe!

cobra330
11-13-2004, 07:01 PM
Hmmm...that's interesting...So you buy whatever part you want...let them install at raped ape prices but, the warranty is valid? Interesting.

InfamousSVT
11-13-2004, 07:09 PM
Hmmm...that's interesting...So you buy whatever part you want...let them install at raped ape prices but, the warranty is valid? Interesting.
Atleast that's what my dealer told me, it may not be the same for every dealer! Some might not want to deal with the hassle! But they won't mind taking your money.:rotf: