PDA

View Full Version : 3 Mods down...next step???

04SVT
11-15-2004, 01:52 PM
Hey all,

I've had my 04 cobra for a month now and have 3 mods completed..

1) Flowmaster American Thunder cat back

2) Super Chips Tuner

3) K & N Cold Air Intake Kit

What a difference they have made! I'm estimating maybe a 50 HP upgrade. It sure feels like it. Sounds awesome too! :thumbsup:

Any ideas or advice for the next mod? What bolt on gives the most bang for the buck?

Thanks!

Rob

Firme
11-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Hey all,

2) Super Chips Tuner

What a difference they have made! I'm estimating maybe a 50 HP upgrade. It sure feels like it. Sounds awesome too! :thumbsup:

Any ideas or advice for the next mod? What bolt on gives the most bang for the buck?

Thanks!

Rob

pulley :D

casey99COBRA
11-15-2004, 02:55 PM
gears and mid pipe! i'd suggest an o/r h pipe or an o/r prochamber for the setup you have.

SVTcobra04
11-15-2004, 05:10 PM
throttle body would give you better throttle response.

NewFoundPower
11-15-2004, 06:31 PM
MGW shifter!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:
-D-

davelegguy
11-15-2004, 07:05 PM
add a kenne bell blower!!!

Butcher
11-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Definitely a Throttlebody and a 2.80 pulley, then get it retuned. :thumbsup:

Jimmie

SVTcobra04
11-15-2004, 09:56 PM
yea what they said.:D

InfamousSVT
11-15-2004, 10:10 PM
MGW shifter!!!!!!:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :thumbsup:
-D-
I second that motion!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

cobra330
11-15-2004, 10:18 PM
Definitely a Throttlebody and a 2.80 pulley, then get it retuned. :thumbsup:

Jimmie

I assume you mean S/C pulley. Can I change it to 2.80..keep stock belt? Will I need to upgrade the H/E? Any other mods necessary when you do pulley mods?

Big T
11-16-2004, 12:23 AM
Hey all,

2) Super Chips Tuner

Thanks!

Rob

I have the exact mods. I then changed my pulley to a 2.8 inch with aux idler kit. You will need a new sct tune for 6 lbs of boost and swap out the spark plugs (ngk tr6 at .035 gap.). Total cost about $425. The new power is incredible.

InfamousSVT
11-16-2004, 12:37 AM
I assume you mean S/C pulley. Can I change it to 2.80..keep stock belt? Will I need to upgrade the H/E? Any other mods necessary when you do pulley mods?When you go to the 2.80 pulley, you will need a shorter belt, I beleive it's 1" shorter, but not really sure! To make sure your cars computer knows that you will be running 14psi instead of the factory 8psi, you will need to get it tuned and new spark plugs 1 heat range cooler!:thumbsup:

Basically what BIG T said, but yes you need a new belt!

Butcher
11-16-2004, 12:50 AM
When you go to the 2.80 pulley, you will need a shorter belt, I beleive it's 1" shorter, but not really sure! To make sure your cars computer knows that you will be running 14psi instead of the factory 8psi, you will need to get it tuned and new spark plugs 1 heat range cooler!:thumbsup:

Yeppers, all true. I needed the inch with the idler pulley. You definitely need to get it tuned. I started with the Predator tune, but imo it ran way to lean. I could have tuned it to the predator, but find someone with a Dyno that can tune the Predator on the fly...heh. I switched to SCT. If you use the Predator, get it tuned to your machine.
Also, there is a plethora of additional things you can do to improve the tune, and really enhance the performance, although not neccesary to immediately use the pully. Agood throttlebody, plenum, and MAFmakes a big difference. A good plasma booster will kill detonation. I personally dont have headers on my car yet. Stock manifold flow really well with a good exhaust on them. You're totally correct about the plugs w/heat range. I invested in aftermarket pullies as well, but can't use them with my Procharger...heh. Spending uneeded money I guess for my setup. They will however reduce drag, and if you have the money, hey, why not? :thumbsup:

Jimmie

davelegguy
11-16-2004, 11:11 AM
I was wondering If you have dyno #'s with your mods? Anyone? I've spent about 6K to get where I'm at I can go to the 17 psi pulley withMy current set up and still run pump gas ( will have to put in an aftermaket maf and retune I think to make it rock solid)but that should put me into the 540-550 hp range

ORANGE CRUSH
11-16-2004, 11:18 AM
Hey all,

2) Super Chips Tuner

Thanks!

RobMid pipe and T-body - After that then get a pulley and tune.:thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
11-16-2004, 11:21 AM
When you go to the 2.80 pulley, you will need a shorter belt, I beleive it's 1" shorter, but not really sure! To make sure your cars computer knows that you will be running 14psi instead of the factory 8psi, you will need to get it tuned and new spark plugs 1 heat range cooler!:thumbsup:

For a 2.8 pulley - Goodyear Gatorback belt 4080735 - 73.5"
For a 2.93 pulley - Goodyear Gatorback belt 4080740 - 74"

:thumbsup:

kirks5oh
11-17-2004, 11:26 PM
when you guys switch out to the smaller pulley, do you recommend changing to a more efficient heat exchanger? would you also have to use a shorter belt than 74" with a 2.93 pulley if you decided to run the auxillary belt tensioning pulley?

ORANGE CRUSH
11-18-2004, 12:23 PM
when you guys switch out to the smaller pulley, do you recommend changing to a more efficient heat exchanger? would you also have to use a shorter belt than 74" with a 2.93 pulley if you decided to run the auxillary belt tensioning pulley?
No on the heat exchanger but it deff wouldn't hurt. and no on the belt 2.93 pulley = 74" belt with or with out tensioner.

kirks5oh
11-22-2004, 11:27 AM
thanks, i think i will end up going with the 2.39 pulley.
i wanted the competition orange cobra, drove one, loved the attention i got on just a 5 mile test drive, but my wife wouldn't go for it--so i had to compromise with a black coupe.
i guess i can't complain with winter coming up, and my garage full of hibernating mustangs, while i'm in the driveway scraping ice off my car--and my wife's!