PDA

View Full Version : Racing Fuel

Coy
11-17-2004, 10:29 PM
I was wondering if anyone was using an extra boost in (octane) for there snakes. I was looking at using 104 octane and/or to suppliment the 92 octane. Will it make a difference? I also know if you use too high an octane you could blow a piston or worse.:eek:

jmiller
11-18-2004, 10:53 AM
If not tuned for higher octane, it is a waste of money and a loss in performance. The higher ocatane burns slower. However, with higher octane, timing can be advanced a bit and provide a bit better performance.

davelegguy
11-18-2004, 11:18 AM
One of the main criteria for my mods was running on pump gas If I put another pulley that gets me beyond 17 psi I would have to add octane booster which would be an expensive pain, but an interesting experiment (600 hp yeow!)

blok
11-18-2004, 09:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone was using an extra boost in (octane) for there snakes. I was looking at using 104 octane and/or to suppliment the 92 octane. Will it make a difference? I also know if you use too high an octane you could blow a piston or worse.:eek:
Higher octane will not blow a piston, and if by blowing a piston you mean knocking or detonation higher octane lessens the chance for that because it is less volatile and burns slower. The only reason you would NEED a higher octane is because you run a high compression or high boost.

Coy
11-20-2004, 03:44 PM
Thanks guys for your input, now I know.