PDA

View Full Version : SCMC Annual Meet at the Helton's

cobrabitn
11-17-2004, 10:47 PM
The SCMC will be meeting at Robbie and Patti Helton's on February 5, 2005 for our annual meet in Claremont, NC. More details will be given out but if you have any questions, please post them here or e-mail Robbie and Patti direct at phelton828@aol.com.

If we have enough interest and the weather is cooperative, Robbie said we can go horse back riding.... :bounce:

flynfink
11-18-2004, 12:19 AM
got it on my schedule. :thumbsup:

redsnake99
11-18-2004, 12:30 AM
Weather permitting, I plan to attend again.

:thumbsup:

nckissfan
11-18-2004, 07:40 AM
looks like a vacation day for me:thumbsup:

Big Daddy
11-18-2004, 10:33 AM
I'll put this on the calendar but IF I have to ride a horse other than my Mustang Cobra I AIN'T GOING! ;) :D

nckissfan
11-18-2004, 06:21 PM
are you skert?:D

Robbie '96
11-18-2004, 10:23 PM
Big Daddy sit on a horse and feel what it like to have horse power between your legs instead of under your but. :D

Robbie

nckissfan
11-18-2004, 11:58 PM
that's ok Robbie, Tina will take Greg's turn riding, she loves horses.

97whitevert
11-19-2004, 06:07 PM
that's ok Robbie, Tina will take Greg's turn riding, she loves horses.i was gonna say that i would take his turn so i could have extra time.... :bounce:

nckissfan
11-19-2004, 08:35 PM
well than, you and Tina can share his turns:)

Big Daddy
11-19-2004, 08:49 PM
No I'm not SKERT I'm just not dumb! I don't want to be embareassed when that there horse yells UNCLE when I sit on it's poor little back! :D ;) :eek:

InfamousSVT
11-22-2004, 12:54 AM
I've got it on my calendar to be there! But, I'm in the same boat as Greg, I ain't riding no horse!!:nono:

NO 5 OH
11-25-2004, 11:07 AM
I plan on being there as well... don't know about the horseback riding yet or not ;)

I should also have a few more ponies myself by then... let's just say that Greg should be looking over his shoulder :D:D:D

Shannon

Big Daddy
11-25-2004, 12:15 PM
I plan on being there as well... don't know about the horseback riding yet or not ;)

I should also have a few more ponies myself by then... let's just say that Greg should be looking over his shoulder :D:D:D

Shannon

Shannon,

That's mainly what I do do...;) Look over my shoulder to see how far back everyone else is! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're making a few more changes to your ride, you should at least update your signature!! :thumbsup:

NO 5 OH
11-26-2004, 09:15 PM
Shannon,

That's mainly what I do do...;) Look over my shoulder to see how far back everyone else is! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Sounds like you're making a few more changes to your ride, you should at least update your signature!! :thumbsup:

All in good time my friend... all in good time ;)

I'll tell you this much though. It made 490/545 at the wheels, heatsoaked on the fourth or fifth pull when it was tuned.

That shall change in the next few weeks :D:D:D

Shannon

Robbie '96
11-29-2004, 09:13 PM
To all I will post directions after Christmas and what we need people to bring hope every one has a Merry Christmas.

P.S. Shannon don't be a stranger.

Robbie :)

cobrabitn
12-02-2004, 12:41 AM
As it looks right now, I won't be able to make it to this. (Swamped and have other commitments) :(

Robbie '96
12-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Don't you just hate it when someone tells you they can do something and can't come through when it comes time. :thumbsup: :D

cobrabitn
12-08-2004, 12:29 AM
I'll make a deal with you.... you go to my in-laws and I'll go to your house for the day. How does that sound to you? :rotf:

Robbie '96
12-08-2004, 08:30 PM
It sounds like you have Old Timers and can't remember because I ask you before I set the date. If the weather is bad we will have it the 12th can you remember that :D

cobrabitn
12-08-2004, 09:45 PM
Old what? I can't remember and I am swamped! :rotf:

InfamousSVT
01-04-2005, 09:50 PM
Ok, so what do I need to bring and where are the directions?:D

Robbie '96
01-09-2005, 09:37 AM
Had a good turnout for the Carting event everone had a good time. Now it time to get the Cookout started. Date Feb 5th at 12o'clock we will eat at around 2 then take a cruise and get some icecream come back to socialize as long as everyone wants we have a large garage with a woodstove so the weather is not a problem. Soft drink's and spirit's of your choice, and chip's etc are all anyone needs to bring we just need a head count of who is coming. I will post directions' later.
Robbie :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
01-09-2005, 11:36 AM
I don't think I'll make this one as that is the wife's birthday. ;) :D

RF Cobra
01-18-2005, 09:13 PM
Had a good turnout for the Carting event everone had a good time. Now it time to get the Cookout started. Date Feb 5th at 12o'clock we will eat at around 2 then take a cruise and get some icecream come back to socialize as long as everyone wants we have a large garage with a woodstove so the weather is not a problem. Soft drink's and spirit's of your choice, and chip's etc are all anyone needs to bring we just need a head count of who is coming. I will post directions' later.
All three of us are planning on being there. :)

InfamousSVT
01-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Lan and I plan to be there! Trevor's (white 04 cobra) coming too!:thumbsup:

Robbie '96
01-20-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok it's getting closer to Feb. 5th time 12:00 should eat around 1:30 or2:00. Trying to work out a tour ,a friend of mine has a good collection of old Shelby's a nd mustang's then we will take a cruise through the country and get some Ice Cream.Direction's
I40 west exit 138 Oxford School Rd turn right go to Bunker Hill school turn left turn right on Bolick Rd first rd after left at school go to 4th rd on right Corban st go to end of rd there will be a no tresspassing sign continue on to house.
I40 east to exit 133 Rock Barn rd turn left when you get to Oxford School rd turn left go to store turn right on River Bend rd take first rd to right Bolick Rd at church first rd on the left Corban st go to end. if you have any question's our home ph 828 4599727. We need drink's chip's etc. Come out and have a good time with the Club, it's a good time for you new member's to come out and meet your local member's

Robbie& Patti :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-20-2005, 10:39 PM
I am so bummed that I cannot make this. :( I do hope y'all have a good time though! :thumbsup:

Robbie '96
01-23-2005, 01:03 PM
Confirmed the tour of the old Ford's and mustang's. Tony came up 1/22 I took him a tour of the collection he said ya'll will like it. All new member's need to come out and meet the rest of us.

Robbie :D

Cobra4me
01-24-2005, 12:36 AM
Hey everyone I live very close to claremont in Hickory and would like to stop in a meet some of you folks. Is it ok that I stop by? Maybe I can bring a food contribution. I probably cant stay too long since I have to work that day at Cracker Barrel where I am the Manager.
Robbie Kiser

cobrabitn
01-24-2005, 06:51 AM
Robbie,

THis event is set up for all SCMC members so of course you are invited. You may want to ask Robbie and Patti what they would like for you to bring. Contact them at phelton828@aol.com.

Have fun! :thumbsup:

Robbie '96
01-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Hello Robbie Kiser

We would enjoy meeting you and have you meet everyone in the gang. Please feel free to stop and visit.

The Helton's :thumbsup:

Cobra4me
01-25-2005, 01:27 AM
Hello Robbie Kiser

We would enjoy meeting you and have you meet everyone in the gang. Please feel free to stop and visit.

The Helton's :thumbsup:Thanks I will be seeing ya
Robk

nckissfan
01-28-2005, 11:24 PM
I was in Hickory this past week, doing some training. I ran into Rob Kiser on Hwy 70 in Hickory. He seems nice, and is looking forward to the cookout. I think we found another good member!

Good chatting with you Robbie, sorry it could not have been longer!

Cobra4me
01-29-2005, 02:49 AM
I was in Hickory this past week, doing some training. I ran into Rob Kiser on Hwy 70 in Hickory. He seems nice, and is looking forward to the cookout. I think we found another good member!

Good chatting with you Robbie, sorry it could not have been longer!It was also good meeting you. Thanks for the good word. Hope to see ya again soon.
Robk

NO 5 OH
01-29-2005, 11:47 PM
uh hum... *points to location under screen name*

I'm generally out and about on the weekends in the Cobra... just look for a red blur and a really loud exhuast note. I should be somewhere up ahead of the sound :D

Robbie... I'm getting tuned the same weekend as the cookout... but I'm getting tuned early enough that I should be able to make it to your house. I will be late but save some of the festivities for me ;)

Shannon

nckissfan
01-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Robbie and Patti, please include Tina in your headcount for the party. I have to work, but she is going to come, maybe even with the Cobra?:eek: So, count her in, me out:( .

Robbie '96
01-30-2005, 05:08 PM
Wish you could make it think you would enjoy the tour of old car's, Tina will just have to take picture's for you. Sorry you have to work I know how that is I had to work in the snow yesterday removing it from Parking Lot's

Robbie

Robbie '96
01-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Shannon we will save you a space. With all that Horse Power you need to be at more track event's just to see if you can handle it [ ha ha ].

97whitevert
01-30-2005, 06:20 PM
Wish you could make it think you would enjoy the tour of old car's, Tina will just have to take picture's for you. Sorry you have to work I know how that is I had to work in the snow yesterday removing it from Parking Lot's

Robbieand a fine job you did!! we got out of the house today and rode out to the big city :D

Don't know how long we will be able to stay, or if we will even make it to Andy's. we cruised thru the lot this afternoon though. :( family stuff

NO 5 OH
01-31-2005, 03:49 AM
we will even make it to Andy's.

Ah... so that's where the old cars are gonna be at ;) The owners of said cars certainly do have a lot of them... more Mustangs than you can shake a stick at ;)

How do you know "these" people exactly Robbie?

Shannon

Robbie '96
02-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Shannon I grew up with them . They have a lot of nice Mustang's and old Ford's. They have two original Shelby Cobra's .

Robbie :bounce:

NO 5 OH
02-02-2005, 06:13 AM
Shannon I grew up with them . They have a lot of nice Mustang's and old Ford's. They have two original Shelby Cobra's .

Ah... I see said the blind man ;)

I know all about them having a bunch of Mustangs and old Fords... I've seen pictures of them, but that's as far as I got. One of my good friend's I hang out with now used to do a lot of business with them when he owned a few Mustangs and he's seen most of the cars... certainly a lot for sure :)

I'll drop the hammer down on Pyro once I get the tunes all finished up. I'm liable to have two or three other club members show up as well with me :D

Shannon

cobra9793
02-04-2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry Robbie and Pattie but won't make it to your cookout so i guess we'll see you some other time soon maybe.

redsnake99
02-06-2005, 06:51 PM
Thanks to Robbie & Patty for a fine afternoon and good time for the few who did attend. Killian's museum cars were great, the ice cream hit the spot, and the sparks flew when we bottomed out at 100 or so mph after that bridge.

Great time, super weather, good food, let's keep this tradition going.
came.
Thanks again to all who attended.

:thumbsup:

flynfink
02-07-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks Robie and Pattie. We had a great time..

good to see everyone..

RF Cobra
02-07-2005, 10:28 PM
The day consisted of:

Wonderful hosts (Thanks for allowing us to get together at your place!) :clapping: :D
Perfect weather :)
Great food :thumbsup:
Good friends :cheers: :hatparty:
Short trip to see an excellent collection of cars :hail: :drool:
Some casual driving to get ice cream :angel: :yup: :doubt:
Spirited driving back to the Helton's where Robbie and Dave let the sparks fly...:flash:
Jeff's revealing expose :spimpin: :whipit: and the audience's reaction :eek: :dizzy: :woooah: :what: :bugeyes: :nope:
SCMC's version of Two Guys Garage - episode 1: How not to remove control arm bushings ;)

The color of the day is shown below. Can you guess what it was?
Members present decided it was time to take action and made a small purchase on behalf of the SCMC...(pics 2 & 3) See what happens when you don't show up Tony! :D :rotf:

Cobra4me
02-09-2005, 09:27 PM
Sorry about not being there since I had posted a couple of times to tell you that i was going to attend. Of all days my boss shows up. That screwed up my plans. Well anyways hope to get Involved and meet some of you folks soon.
:(
Robbie K:(

Robbie '96
02-09-2005, 10:11 PM
If you did not come you missed some good food and a lot of old Shelby Mustang's and an excellent day for a cruise.