PDA

View Full Version : That was some fun weather to drive in......

97CasperCobra
11-24-2004, 12:09 AM
I'm glad I waited as long as I did to leave Starbucks. Wind was pretty strong...felt it in the car as I was driving home. It's always nice to see the rain going SIDEWAYS instead of up the windshield. Just past the railroad tracks a tree went down across Kuykendahl and enough cars had gone over it to size it down so I could make it across. Heard some "bump" on the undercarriage from the tree inards, but nothing major. The drive was dark....no lights and where there should have been the power was out. I was half expecting something to fly into the side of my car the wind was so bad. Only lost traction a few times for only a few seconds thankfully. The Woodlands has a TON of branches and leaves in the streets......I can't wait to see my car in the morning...but I think I got home after the major winds had passed.

Hope everyone else made it home safely.....and thanks Sherri for offering your house to me :thumbsup:. It was a slow drive home, but I got here in one piece. :thumbsup:

Firme
11-24-2004, 12:25 AM
I was fine till I made it to 59south and Beltway 8... All of a sudden I felt a total jerk to the left, and again. I was like "WTF"... it was the wind. Next came the rain. Next this I know, I have absolutely no visibility. The Coopers seems to do REALLY well as I was going through pockets of puddles ON THE FREEWAY... enough to cause huge wakes on the sides of the car. Comming up to Sugar Land, something seemd ... throwed off. Then it hit me, there was not lights... it was pitch black. As I got on HWY 6, I noticed that it was only a couple of blocks with the outage, but there was tree branches and leaves, all over the road. I counted more than 10 sizable tree completey torn and lying in the middle of the road. A couple of car had to lockem up as they saw them blocking their lane. Then I get home to see that the power had gone out, and with this weather, I knew I had to dial in to work to check the servers. So i dial in, and my Email server is crashed :mad: :bawling:

97CasperCobra
11-24-2004, 12:50 AM
i dial in, and my Email server is crashed :mad: :bawling:

Sucks man....hope it's not a long night/day for you.

Friday HRP :thumbsup:

ORANGE CRUSH
11-24-2004, 09:42 AM
I had no problem at all with my 8 min drive from SB.:D

Levi
11-24-2004, 09:55 AM
The little truck got me home ok, but the wind was nocking me all around it was a little scary. Hope everyone got home ok. :D

Firme
11-24-2004, 09:57 AM
Sucks man....hope it's not a long night/day for you.

Friday HRP :thumbsup:

yeah, got everything situated and back up by about 2... I am tired

msmap
11-24-2004, 11:42 AM
It was interesting to say the least. Like driving head on in a wind tunnel with the leaves and debris coming right at us. Saw a hugh green flash, then a yellow one and poof, total darkness from just a bit north of 1960 till forever. Got home, no power so watched the storm pass, un tree branched the pool and went to bed. Power came on sometime in the middle of the night. Glad everyone got home ok.