PDA

View Full Version : SCMC on Track at Carolina Motorsports Park

Pages : [1] 2

cobrabitn
11-28-2004, 08:37 PM
I'm happy to announce that the SCMC will hold its annual driving school at Carolina Mototrsports Park on March 12-13, 2005. This is our third year doing this and each year the event grows and becomes more fun. We had a ton of Cobras at the this past event and we hope to continue the growth of Snakes at the track.

Remember, this event is open to any make or model till it fills to the limit of 75 participants. This year we will have an all out competition class just for the American V-8 Supercar Series. www.av8ss.com . That means while many of you are learning to drive your Snakes on the track, you can watch some of the best drivers out on the track to see how they run wheel to wheel while you are BSing with your fellow club members.

This event has also encouraged many friendships between the Corvette club and the SCMC and we look forward to them attending the event again in 2005.

Here is the hotel information you will need to know if you are coming from out of town:

Hotel Name: Jamison Inn
Phone Number: (803) 283-1188
Rate: $62.00/Night
Contact Person: Sheila Doster

I encourage everyone to make their reservations early as we sold the hotel out this past March.

We may also have some special guests attending the event. Let's not forget that Parkway Ford is a sponsor for this event too. So for all of your SVT or Ford needs, we recommend you purchase your next vehicle from the dealership that supports us.

Thanks and hope we fill it up this year!

Tony

SIUNARA
11-29-2004, 09:08 AM
For anyone that hasn't been on track with SCMC yet, you should seriously consider participating in this event. Tony and John put together a GREAT event with some serious track time and good times getting to know new people from the Cobra club and other clubs as well.

The addition of the AV8SS racing series will only make this event better. Not only will folks be able to drive their Mustangs on track, but they'll be able to see the same cars they drive battle it out in some fierce door to door racing.

I for one can't wait until March! :D

RedFire03
11-30-2004, 09:35 PM
Hi:

I'm interested in attending, but I'd only be able to make Saturday, 12 March. Will there be a pricing option for only one day? If so, any idea yet of what the cost(s) would be? Thanks!

johnbasf
11-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Hi:

I'm interested in attending, but I'd only be able to make Saturday, 12 March. Will there be a pricing option for only one day? If so, any idea yet of what the cost(s) would be? Thanks!

There will be a one day price. I think it will be &125-$150. :thumbsup:

98banana
12-05-2004, 02:42 PM
What's the minimum age for participants?

Hey Don, I'll be there in the Focus again. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

johnbasf
12-05-2004, 04:44 PM
What's the minimum age for participants?

Tony will have to answer this one...

SIUNARA
12-06-2004, 10:47 AM
It will be good to see you out there again Tom. :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, I won't be in the Focus this year. I got rid of it. I decided to get a car I've wanted for a long time, a BMW M3. Let's see how many times Tony passes me this year. ;)

98banana
12-06-2004, 12:54 PM

Unfortunately, I won't be in the Focus this year. I got rid of it. I decided to get a car I've wanted for a long time, a BMW M3. Let's see how many times Tony passes me this year. ;)

Cool! What year. I need to know if I have anyt chance at all with a stock Focus, or if I'll need to get the Vortech...

SIUNARA
12-06-2004, 01:40 PM
97...and based on what I did in my Focus on the R's compared to the M3's on street tires...you'll need the Vortec. :D ;) The Focus is awesome, it just needs more power.

98banana
12-06-2004, 01:54 PM
97...and based on what I did in my Focus on the R's compared to the M3's on street tires...you'll need the Vortec. :D ;) The Focus is awesome, it just needs more power.

Uh oh... better up the racing budget... :D

cobrabitn
12-06-2004, 06:18 PM
I don't care if I am on the mailing list or the message board, someone is always gunning for me... :rotf:

98banana
12-06-2004, 06:33 PM
I don't care if I am on the mailing list or the message board, someone is always gunning for me... :rotf:

You're a big target! :D

You better watch out this year... I'm not gonna let you pass me again. :D

Hey, what's the answer to the minimum age requirement?

cobrabitn
12-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Tom,

I sent an e-mail to the insurance company regarding your question. When I get an answer, I'll post it here.

Thanks,

Tony

98banana
12-06-2004, 08:18 PM
Cool, Tony. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity... who makes that rule? Is it the track or the insurance company?

cobrabitn
12-06-2004, 08:34 PM
Tom,

It's the insurance company. I think they may require a child liability wavier to be signed in order for Jimmy to be a passenger, but I'm not sure about the limitation for a driver's age. I will let you know.

Thanks,

Tony

SIUNARA
12-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Tony,

The only reason you're a target is because I had to listen to you rant and rave about how you passed me in the Focus last year...I believe you said something like..."SIUNARA" to me. We'll see who says that this year. :thumbsup: :D

johnbasf
12-06-2004, 11:40 PM
The smack talk begins..... I love it. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
12-06-2004, 11:44 PM
No problem Don, I can take it. :)

Tony

Used to have a banner but now I am bannerless. :(

2KWhiteSnake
12-06-2004, 11:44 PM

E36!!!! Saweeet! I've been looking at 4-door E36's and first or 2nd year 46's for about 2 months now. The E36 is the best bang for the buck IMO. You made a great choice. Can't wait to see it. :thumbsup:

Also, if you don't mind, I'd like to take a few slow laps around CMP in the M3. It'll greatly help me finalize my decision. The Cobra will probably be going in the Spring "as is". Kid will be here in 4 weeks, and we're having to buy a Tahoe to have another car to put a car seat in. Of course, the Cobra won't hold one, so I'm thinking of selling the Cobra and Maxima to get a 4 door E-36 for the street/track. Next time around, I won't be tearing the back seat out I don't think. For once in my life, I'm going to have to be "practical" about some things. I'm gonna give the Cobra a few more events, and if I still can't get the bugs worked out with the handling, it's gonna have to go. At least til I see if Ford improves in the corner carving dept. with the next gen. Cobra. LOVE the power, not happy with the handling.

Decisions, decisions........ :eek:

Craig

98banana
12-07-2004, 06:03 AM
Tony,

The only reason you're a target is because I had to listen to you rant and rave about how you passed me in the Focus last year...I believe you said something like..."SIUNARA" to me. We'll see who says that this year. :thumbsup: :D

Well Don, you have to understand that Focus' are the only cars he can rant and rave about passing. He's never passed a V8 before. :D :D

j/k Tony. God, I miss the smack talk.

Big Daddy
12-07-2004, 08:00 AM
Well Don, you have to understand that Focus' are the only cars he can rant and rave about passing. He's never passed a V8 before. :D :D

j/k Tony. God, I miss the smack talk.

Tom,

not true Tony's passed the front end of his V8 with the back end of his car! ;) ;) :D :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

SIUNARA
12-07-2004, 08:55 AM
Craig,

I'll let you take the M3 out in touring laps. Keep in mind though that the suspension won't be stock when I show up so the ride may be a little different than you're expecting. You should still be able to get the feel for the car though. I can tell you that buying the M3 was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I absolutely love driving the car. I actually get out of the car and immediately think about the next time I have to go somewhere because I'll get to drive it again. I just can't stay out of it. I should have bought one a long time ago with all of the money I spent on the ten other cars I've owned. I love the car so much I'm trying to figure out a way to get another one so I can have one for the street and one for the track!! ;) Wait till you drive it. :D

98banana
12-07-2004, 09:07 AM
...Keep in mind though that the suspension won't be stock...

Ah crap! Anybody got Vortech's and Quaife's phone number? :baby:

SIUNARA
12-07-2004, 09:59 AM
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

It's only Coilovers Tom. It's not like I'll have R compounds...or will I. ;)

98banana
12-07-2004, 10:07 AM

It's only Coilovers Tom. It's not like I'll have R compounds...or will I. ;)

:rotf: God, I love SCMC in March!!! :bounce:

EDIT: Not that I don't the rest of the year...

cobrabitn
12-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Tom,

The answer to your age question is 16. They must be 16 and have a valid driver's license. You will still have to sign a waiver specifically for children or minors.

Hope that helps...

Tony

98banana
12-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Tom,

The answer to your age question is 16. They must be 16 and have a valid driver's license. You will still have to sign a waiver specifically for children or minors.

Hope that helps...

Tony
Excellent answer! My son, Jimmy, will be doing his first on-track event at the SCMC event with that news. Somebody's going to have a nice Christmas!!! :D :bounce:

SIUNARA
12-07-2004, 11:32 PM
Very cool!!! :thumbsup:

Look forward to seeing Jimmy out there on track. If he's anything like his father some people will be checking the rearview quite often. :D

2KWhiteSnake
12-07-2004, 11:36 PM
Craig,

I'll let you take the M3 out in touring laps. Keep in mind though that the suspension won't be stock when I show up so the ride may be a little different than you're expecting. You should still be able to get the feel for the car though. I can tell you that buying the M3 was one of the best decisions I've ever made. I absolutely love driving the car. I actually get out of the car and immediately think about the next time I have to go somewhere because I'll get to drive it again. I just can't stay out of it. I should have bought one a long time ago with all of the money I spent on the ten other cars I've owned. I love the car so much I'm trying to figure out a way to get another one so I can have one for the street and one for the track!! ;) Wait till you drive it. :D

Thanks a million man!!! I can't wait. From everything I've read, it's the best bang for the buck. Just a great all around car. I really appreciate you letting me do that! :)

Craig

johnbasf
12-08-2004, 12:20 AM
Excellent answer! My son, Jimmy, will be doing his first on-track event at the SCMC event with that news. Somebody's going to have a nice Christmas!!! :D :bounce:

Oh boy... another Lewis on track. :eek:

2KWhiteSnake
12-08-2004, 12:26 AM
Oh boy... another Lewis on track. :eek:

Yes, that's SCARY!!!!! Should be a blast!!!

Craig

InfamousSVT
12-08-2004, 03:04 AM
I ain't ever done a track event with any car, but I'm definitely interested in this! I will try my best to show up for this and participate! The best part about it, you don't have to watch for cops!!!!!!!:D :D :rotf:

98banana
12-08-2004, 05:37 AM
Yeap, another Lewis on track. We just need to train this one to stay out of the walls. :D Jimmy's a dang good kid except for the occasional bad grade. (Occasional meaning every 9 weeks :)) He deserves the experience and I have a feeling that he'll do really well out there.

Infamous - That is one of the best parts of open-track events... driving fast legally. You still have to be smart and responsible, but you can do it at higher speeds. :D

SIUNARA
12-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Will he be driving the Focus Tom?

98banana
12-08-2004, 09:41 AM
Will he be driving the Focus Tom?

Most likely. I'm trying to buy a used, wrecked Del Sol for me to drive as a daily commuter car. We'll probably bring both cars and decide later who drives what...

I thought about letting him drive the Ramcharger, but it probably wouldn't pass tech. :D

InfamousSVT
12-09-2004, 03:47 AM
Infamous - That is one of the best parts of open-track events... driving fast legally. You still have to be smart and responsible, but you can do it at higher speeds. :D

Most definitely! There's still other cars out there and plus I don't want to end up in a wall or worse some elses car!:thumbsup:
Thanks for the tip, maybe a experienced driver can learn me a few things about it!:thumbsup:

-Jason

johnbasf
12-15-2004, 12:09 PM
The registration form is up. The on-line payment for CMP should be up soon. :thumbsup: www.scmcstore.com

FCorkran
12-15-2004, 05:27 PM
I just took the link, no events show up under the track events link.

johnbasf
12-15-2004, 05:48 PM
I just took the link, no events show up under the track events link.

The on-line payment link will be up soon Frank.

Here's the link to the form, http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/SCMC_CMP_Entry_Form-2005.pdf

2KWhiteSnake
12-15-2004, 11:30 PM
The on-line payment link will be up soon Frank.

Here's the link to the form, http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/SCMC_CMP_Entry_Form-2005.pdf

Let us know when the payment option is up John. :D
Since we can pay online, have the web guys just come up with a pre-done form for us to fill in using SQL. Then we can just send everything online. It would then be sent to you guys via email for you to print out for your records. How sweet would that be? If my web guys have time, I might could get them to do it for you guys. It's pretty easy to do.

Craig

justagt
12-16-2004, 08:35 AM
Craig,

I can tell you that buying the M3 was one of the best decisions I've ever made.......

Must be something about that haricut and BMWs. Let's see, Don has one, Ronn Hale has one............hhmmmmm! :D

johnbasf
12-16-2004, 10:39 AM
Let us know when the payment option is up John. :D
Since we can pay online, have the web guys just come up with a pre-done form for us to fill in using SQL. Then we can just send everything online. It would then be sent to you guys via email for you to print out for your records. How sweet would that be? If my web guys have time, I might could get them to do it for you guys. It's pretty easy to do.

Craig

Shoot Edmond(firme) an e-mail and see what he says about doing that. He would have to change the on-line form so people don't send me the forms. :thumbsup:

SIUNARA
12-16-2004, 10:48 AM
It's not the haircut Will...because Adam is in the same shape we are and he drives a Honda. ;)

98banana
12-16-2004, 11:21 AM
It's not the haircut Will...because Adam is in the same shape we are and he drives a Honda. ;)

That's true, if it's the haircut, then where the heck is my BMW???

Firme
12-16-2004, 02:08 PM
Let us know when the payment option is up John.

Craig Thanks for the offer Craig, but that is built into any shopping cart software off the shelf. The worked involved in setting one up from scratch, and for customization, is just not worth the time considering how decent the software does it out of the box.

But as far as doing the form electronically, the TWS Open track event was done electronically through the SCMC Store, and a major part of the applicants signed up online. When purchasing the event, all the fields were there for people to fill in the necessary information. After the purchase, the appropriate people received the emails of the invoices that contained all the filled in information. They were printed and filed as their entry form.

Furthermore, there was also a disclaimer that stated you agree to the SCMC terms if you purchase the item. Then, the online applications, had packets set aside for them, so that when those people showed up to the event in person, before tech, they physically signed all the waivers. That worked out much easier than mailing anything anywhere. After all, having to mail something online, only partcially utilizes the convenience of online payment.

I don't know how John and Tony want to do this for CMP though.

As far as the CMP form, it is already up on the store, but HIDDEN, till Tony figures out if the wording is all correct.

johnbasf
12-16-2004, 03:12 PM
Edmond, you can delete the line on the form that says they have to mail the forms to me. I'm cool with what you guys have done. Thanks for all you do. :thumbsup:

Firme
12-18-2004, 12:17 PM
Edmond, you can delete the line on the form that says they have to mail the forms to me. I'm cool with what you guys have done. Thanks for all you do. :thumbsup:
Cool, Thanks, and back at ya for all you do :thumbsup: (I am an official track fiend)

Oh, and you got mail ;)

johnbasf
12-19-2004, 08:28 PM
The track event is up in the SCMC store. http://www.scmcstore.com/store/home.php

Hazman
12-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Yep it is up and I got my confirmation email!! Jayne & I are registered!!! :thumbsup: :bounce: :woot:

johnbasf
12-26-2004, 08:33 PM
SATURDAY:

7:00 a.m. Gates Open

7:00 a.m.-7:45 a.m. Registration at Carolina Motorsports Park

7:45 a.m. 8:10 am Drivers Meeting - Mandatory

8:15 - 8:45 groups 1-2 classroom

8:15 am - 8:35am Group 4

8:35 am 8:55 am Group 3

8:55 am 9:15 am Group 2

9:15 am - 9:35 am Group 1

9:35 am 10:25 am Group AV8

10:25 am 10:45 am Group 4

10:45 am 11:05 am Group 3

11:05 am 11:25 am Group 2

11:25 am - 11:45 am Group 1

11:45 am - 12:05 am Group 4

12:05 am - 12:20 am group 3

12:20 pm - 1:20 pm
Lunch Break (Touring laps)

Groups 1-2 classroom 1:00 - 1:30

1:20 pm 1:40pm Group 2

1:40 pm - 2:00 pm Group 1

2:00 pm 2:20 pm Group 4

2:20 pm 2:55 pm Group AV8 Qual. race

2:55 pm - 3:15pm Group 3

3:15 pm 3:35 pm Group 2

3:35 pm - 3:55pm Group 1

3:55 pm - 4:15 pm Group 4

4:15 pm - 4:40 pm Group 3

4:40pm - 5:00pm Group 2

Session ends at 5:00 pm. Gates Close 7:00 pm

SUNDAY:

7:00 a.m.-7:45 a.m. Registration and Tech Inspection at Carolina Motorsports Park

7:45 a.m. - 8:10 am Drivers Meeting - Mandatory

Group 1-2 classroom session 8:15am - 8:45 am

8:15 am - 8:35 am Group 4

8:35 am - 8:55 am Group 3

8:55 am - 9:15 am Group 2

9:35 am - 10:25 am Group AV8

10:25 am - 10:45 am Group 4

10:45 am - 11:00 am Group 3

11:00 am to 12:00 pm Lunch and touring laps

12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Group 2

12:20 pm - 12:40 pm Group 1

12:40 pm - 1:00 pm group 4

1:00 pm - 1:40 pm AV8SS Race

1:40 pm - 2:00 pm Group 3

2:00 pm - 2:20 pm Group 2

2:20 pm - 2:40 pm Group 1

2:40 pm - 3:00 pm Group 4

3:00 pm - 3:20 pm Group 3

3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Group 2

3:40 pm - 4:00 pm Group 1

4:00 pm - 4:20 pm Group 4

4:20 pm - 4:40 pm Group 3

4:40 pm - 5:00 pm Group 2

johnbasf
12-26-2004, 08:35 PM
All students will be responsible for their car tech. Group 1-2 will be teched by your instructor on grid. If you have any questions about teching your cars please feel free to ask questions. :thumbsup:

beerkat
12-27-2004, 09:00 AM
I'm in! Got signed up over the weekend. Now all I need to do is learn when to shift gears. :eek: Driving the Lightning I never had to learn such things.:baby:

64alp
12-27-2004, 03:32 PM
Do I remember that a vert needs a rollbar? I have a '99 vert and would like to take it out on some tracks but have not moved up to the rollbar yet.

johnbasf
12-27-2004, 05:02 PM
Do I remember that a vert needs a rollbar? I have a '99 vert and would like to take it out on some tracks but have not moved up to the rollbar yet.

Rollbars are mandatory in the HPDE groups. You can go out and do parade laps at reduced speed during lunch.

RF Cobra
12-27-2004, 05:14 PM
All students will be responsible for their car tech. Group 1-2 will be teched by your instructor on grid. If you have any questions about teching your cars please feel free to ask questions. :thumbsup:
What does a first timer need to know about tech etc?

cobrabitn
12-27-2004, 05:29 PM
The tech sheets will be up on the site as soon as Firme gets them up there. He was sent the information today. :)

Tony

johnbasf
12-27-2004, 05:56 PM
What does a first timer need to know about tech etc?

Fluids, brake pads, general sefety for your car. You'll see the checklist on the home page soon. :thumbsup:

johnbasf
12-27-2004, 06:28 PM
4 people are signed up already!!!!!!! :bounce:

RF Cobra
12-28-2004, 04:52 PM
The tech sheets will be up on the site as soon as Firme gets them up there. He was sent the information today. :)

Tony
Okay. Read the info. Any advice on helmets...open, full face, brand, good places to get one from etc. and would it be better to get one rated SA2000 or just get the SA95 rating (do you think the SA95 will become outdated soon)? I don't want to spend too much, but at the same time I want to be safe. :)

johnbasf
12-28-2004, 08:59 PM
Okay. Read the info. Any advice on helmets...open, full face, brand, good places to get one from etc. and would it be better to get one rated SA2000 or just get the SA95 rating (do you think the SA95 will become outdated soon)? I don't want to spend too much, but at the same time I want to be safe. :)

Get the most recent rating. I'm not sure if the '05 rating is out yet.

http://www.racerwholesale.com/catalog/

http://www.pitstopusa.com/

http://www.ompusa.com/ (Club Discount?)

http://www.helmetcity.com/

http://www.dariusrudis.com/simpson ( helps the club out!!!!)

http://www.ogracing.com/default.asp

SIUNARA
12-29-2004, 03:53 PM
I just got a Bell Sport 3 helmet for Christmas. A very nice helmet for HPDE type events and it's only $300 with free shipping from OG racing. It has the SA00 rating.

johnbasf
12-29-2004, 05:48 PM
Thanks Don, I added their link to my post. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
12-29-2004, 08:58 PM
I would first give our vendors a shot at the same products using our club discounts. OMP would be a good place to start. Check the SCMC vendor section for your needs.

Like Don, an open face helmet that is rated SA2000 will be minimum requirements for next year so I'd get the go ahead and get the most up to date helmet.

SIUNARA
12-30-2004, 05:33 PM
Just for clarification, the Sport 3 helmet is a full face helmet...but don't worry Tony...you'll still be able to hear me yell SIUNARA when I pass you at CMP! ;)

cobrabitn
12-31-2004, 06:00 PM
I plan on running the 94 at the event. I'll probably have some cooling ducts on it and a tune up and that's it. That'll probably be enough for you to never see me again once I go around you. :rotf:

SIUNARA
01-01-2005, 02:57 AM
Now THAT is a funny statement. I'll cease the smack-talk at this point and leave my final statements for the track. See you in March Tony. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Well, I tried to get John to start up a paid participant post but I'll just help him along here and he can add as he sees fit. :)

Paid Participants so far are:

Dave Stanfield - 1999 Rio Red Cobra Convertible
Rick McNutt - 1997 White Cobra Convertible
Jayne McNutt - 2004 Silver Corvette Z06
Jerry Duffey - 2003 Black Cobra Coupe
Kim Reed - 2003 Black 10th Anniversary Cobra Convertible
Trevor Stone - 2003 IndiBlue Mini Cooper
Sam Barnett - 2001 Electron Blue Corvette
Jack Barbee - 2004 Torch Red Cobra Coupe
Tony Sorrentino - 1994 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Rich Riley - 1998 Chrome Yellow Cobra Coupe

More to come as soon as John posts his list.....

johnbasf
01-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Hey, how come you have more than I do???

Don Page - Inst.
Mark ter Horst
Michael Harrison

Firme
01-07-2005, 11:47 PM
Hey, how come you have more than I do???

Don Page - Inst.
Mark ter Horst
Michael Harrison

check your email John you should have those now.

cobrabitn
01-08-2005, 09:37 PM

Marc Ter Horst - 1999 Electric Green Cobra Convertible
Burke Dawson - 1997 Rio Red Cobra Coupe
Michael Harrison - 2001 Laser Red Cobra Convertible
Greg Oswell - 2001 White KB Cobra Coupe

Instructors:

Don Page - BMW M3...blah, blah, blah

johnbasf
01-08-2005, 10:09 PM

Chuck Belding - 2002 ZO-6

Instructors:

Don Page - BMW M3...blah, blah, blah

Add....Belding

timz06
01-08-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey guys ready to talk some smack, here is the car that is going to pass all of the rustangs and vettes this year
There's a new sheriff in town
http://69.73.156.222/camaro.jpg

johnbasf
01-08-2005, 10:30 PM
I don't see your name on the list. You skeerd??? :D

SIUNARA
01-09-2005, 12:50 AM
What's with the blah, blah, blah, Tony...you finaling realizing you're out gunned this year?

By the way, Trevor Stone signed up because I told him how great of an event this is...he's coming all the way from Long Island.

Big Daddy
01-09-2005, 01:16 AM
Hey guys ready to talk some smack, here is the car that is going to pass all of the rustangs and vettes this year
There's a new sheriff in town

Well I see you gave up on trying to play sheriff with the slow Z06, now you're gonna try and play with something older and slower??? MAN ARE YOU BRAVE! :eek: :eek: ;) :D

timz06
01-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Figured I'd take a step back to give the mustangs a better chance! Gives my wallet a better chance too in case of an incident!

Tim

johnbasf
01-10-2005, 03:45 PM

R Allen Mirse - 96 Impala SS
Pierce Cameron - 1994 Chrome Yellow Mustang GT

Instructors:

Don Page - BMW M3(Tony killer)
Tom lewis - SVT Focus
Dennis Tone
Jeff Finkelstein - 94 Cobra

SVOMACH
01-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Will this be a FULL course event?

Thanks,
Greg

cobrabitn
01-10-2005, 09:52 PM
Yes, it will be a full course event. :thumbsup:

johnbasf
01-11-2005, 03:55 PM
We will be able to get into the track after 5:00PM Friday. The club will provide track security for anyone wanting to leave the car/trailer at the track overnight. Camping is also availible. We encourage people to stay at the Jameson in order to meet evryone and bench race at night. :thumbsup:

SATURDAY:

7:00 a.m.-7:45 a.m. Registration at Carolina Motorsports Park

7:45 a.m. 8:10 am Drivers Meeting - Mandatory

8:15 - 8:45 groups 1-2 classroom

8:15 am - 8:35am Group 4

8:35 am 8:55 am Group 3

8:55 am 9:15 am Group 2

9:35 am 10:25 am Group AV8

10:25 am 10:45 am Group 4

10:45 am 11:05 am Group 3

11:05 am 11:25 am Group 2

11:25 am - 11:45 am Group 1

11:45 am - 12:05 am Group 4

12:05 am - 12:20 am group 3

12:20 pm - 1:20 pm
Lunch Break (Touring laps)

Groups 1-2 classroom 1:00 - 1:30

1:20 pm 1:40pm Group 2

1:40 pm - 2:00 pm Group 1

2:00 pm 2:20 pm Group 4

2:20 pm 2:55 pm Group AV8 Qual. race

2:55 pm - 3:15pm Group 3

3:15 pm 3:35 pm Group 2

3:35 pm - 3:55pm Group 1

3:55 pm - 4:15 pm Group 4

4:15 pm - 4:40 pm Group 3

4:40pm - 5:00pm Group 2

SUNDAY:

7:00 a.m.-7:45 a.m. Registration and Tech Inspection at Carolina Motorsports Park

7:45 a.m. - 8:10 am Drivers Meeting - Mandatory

Group 1-2 classroom session 8:15am - 8:45 am

8:15 am - 8:35 am Group 4

8:35 am - 8:55 am Group 3

8:55 am - 9:15 am Group 2

9:35 am - 10:25 am Group AV8

10:25 am - 10:45 am Group 4

10:45 am - 11:00 am Group 3

11:00 am to 12:00 pm Lunch and touring laps
Cars w/mufflers only

12:00 pm - 12:20 pm Group 2

12:20 pm - 12:40 pm Group 1

12:40 pm - 1:00 pm group 4

1:00 pm - 1:40 pm AV8SS Race

1:40 pm - 2:00 pm Group 3

2:00 pm - 2:20 pm Group 2

2:20 pm - 2:40 pm Group 1

2:40 pm - 3:00 pm Group 4

3:00 pm - 3:20 pm Group 3

3:20 pm - 3:40 pm Group 2

3:40 pm - 4:00 pm Group 1

4:00 pm - 4:20 pm Group 4

4:20 pm - 4:40 pm Group 3

4:40 pm - 5:00 pm Group 2

Schedule change for lunch(quiet) time on Sunday.

SIUNARA
01-11-2005, 08:11 PM
"Tony killer"

:rotf: :rotf:

I don't think he has the cajones to bring the Mystiglow...Mystislow...or whatever you call it...what do you think John?

cobrabitn
01-11-2005, 08:20 PM
I don't succumb to peer pressure..... okay, maybe I do a little. :rotf:

johnbasf
01-11-2005, 09:03 PM
"Tony killer"

I don't think he has the cajones to bring the Mystiglow...Mystislow...or whatever you call it...what do you think John?

Tony will be NO match for your M3 in his '94. :shtowned:

sn8kbit
01-12-2005, 06:57 AM
The hillbilly is doing his best to make this one. I've been wanting to hit CMP for a while. Gotta see what the turn-a-round time is for a rebuild for the Koni D/As. 'Sides, I ain't seen ya'll for a while now..... :(

Gotta find a lightweight open trailer now, just got the new tow vehicle (fitting, of course...)

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1053/0explorerside.jpg

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1053/0explorercomparo.jpg

Think I can slide into novice group? ;) :p

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/1053/0explorercobraside.jpg

redsnake99
01-12-2005, 08:29 AM
It would be great to have you join us at CMP. Long time, no see. :thumbsup:

beerkat
01-12-2005, 09:16 AM
Will we be able to tech our cars Friday night at the Jameson?

johnbasf
01-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Will we be able to tech our cars Friday night at the Jameson?

You should have your car teched before the event. Your instructor will tech you on grid Saturday morning. This applies to groups 1-2.

SIUNARA
01-12-2005, 01:40 PM
Bring the 04 Tony!! :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
01-12-2005, 10:18 PM
Bring the 04 Tony!! :thumbsup:

I FINALLY ordered my wheels today. They are stuck in customs, but should be released in a few weeks to Discount Tire Direct. Got the MB Motorsports Competitions in Gunmetal.
Should I buy my RA1's from Vilven or Bob woodman? I'm guessing they are both $185/each shaved from both places. But Bob Woodman might be cheaper with shipping because he's in Charleston, SC.

I'm sooooo looking forward to CMP this year. I'll send out my registration this week John.

Craig
:bounce:

cobrabitn
01-13-2005, 12:17 AM
Come on Steve..... then we can both dust Don at the track.... :rotf:

SIUNARA
01-13-2005, 10:15 AM
"then we can both dust Don at the track"

Now that's funny right there...I don't care who you are. :D

wildhorsesracin
01-13-2005, 08:52 PM
"then we can both dust Don at the track"

Now that's funny right there...I don't care who you are. :D

Yeah, they really should stop picking on you Don - if I get my TR back together in time for the event I'll lap them both for you twice in each session :eek:

2KWhiteSnake
01-13-2005, 08:56 PM
http://www.hoosiertire.com/discgam4.HTM

I posted this on a new thread. Just thought you guys might wanna see it. Gonna pick up a set for myself at that price.

Craig

flynfink
01-13-2005, 09:44 PM
sweet - I'm psyched
Jay and I are getting the 94 ready. yeah Rock and Roll baby.

Craig, my new MB's. Came in today. Nitto 555's. And new power slot II's

cobrabitn
01-13-2005, 09:50 PM
If I recall correctly Don, last year you brought your famous SVT Focus and you got your butt handed to you by a beat up 90,000 mile 94 slowbra. Also, your famous counter part got his handed to him in his Focus too so let's just let the past track events talk for themselves.

My 94 will probably be stock again this year but next year may be a different story as it will probably get some engine enhancers. At that point, I'll feel that it will be more competitve. For now, I rule and you don't. If you want to change that then I'll see you on the track in March. If not then I can assume that you can't hang with the big dogs so you are staying on the porch. :baby: (I also rule your brother with the Red Focus at both the open track and the dragstrip) Now, put that in your pipe and smoke it. :rotf:

RF Cobra
01-13-2005, 09:56 PM
sweet - I'm psyched

That looks great! :thumbsup:

sn8kbit
01-13-2005, 10:07 PM
Wow! Didn't realize that signing up would drag me into the smack talk so quickly. Not to mention, people I'm not familiar with (other than Jim, my instructor at the first Nashville NASA event, who most likely has no clue as to who the heck I am :rotf: ).

I can only say this. Bring what ya got, and hope you brought enough. I can say Aufweidersehn just as easy as See Ya. ;) :thumbsup:

Steve
who probably has the only 99 cobra in the country still under 300rwhp....

2KWhiteSnake
01-13-2005, 10:58 PM
sweet - I'm psyched

Sweet! I ordered the MB Competition Wheels yesterday. They say it'll be a few weeks til they are actually in, so I put a deposit on them. I'm gonna grab me a set of those Hoosiers tomorrow instead of the Toyo RA-1's I was gonna order. For $50 less per tire, you can't beat that for a few track weekends.

Look forward to seeing you guys again, it's been one hell of a tiring (but prosperous) year for us. :cool:

Craig

98banana
01-14-2005, 08:27 AM
If I recall correctly Don, last year you brought your famous SVT Focus and you got your butt handed to you by a beat up 90,000 mile 94 slowbra. Also, your famous counter part got his handed to him in his Focus too so let's just let the past track events talk for themselves.

My 94 will probably be stock again this year but next year may be a different story as it will probably get some engine enhancers. At that point, I'll feel that it will be more competitve. For now, I rule and you don't. If you want to change that then I'll see you on the track in March. If not then I can assume that you can't hang with the big dogs so you are staying on the porch. :baby: (I also rule your brother with the Red Focus at both the open track and the dragstrip) Now, put that in your pipe and smoke it. :rotf:

Tony, Tony, Tony... me, you and Lisa all know what happened last year. Let me explain for those that don't... You waited on me at the beginning of the session and let me pass. You hung with me for 2-3 laps which impressed me. This is going to sound like an excuse, and I would never mention it except Lisa was with me so I have a witness, but I had some strange tire noise and some shaking, so I let you by. Then, we determined it was just rubber on the tires so I picked the pace back up. If I remember right, I stayed with you for the rest of the session. So, lets see, a 4-cyl econo car with about 140 to the wheels was able to keep up with a V-8 with maybe 250 to the wheels or more. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the econobox had a passenger. :eek: :eek:

hehehe... all in fun though... I enjoy our little rivalries and a little smack talk. Looking forward to the beat downs to come... :bounce: :bounce:

antivnm
01-14-2005, 10:19 AM
hey all,
i will be signing up within a week. I had a real ball last year. This is an excellent event that was/is ran VERY well. I Drove the pewter Trans-am with the liscense plate that reads "ANTIVNM". Even with that, everyone was helpfull and cool. Cannot wait to see yall this year.
----hey john or rick, you think i could make a lap or two in the expedition, just so i could rub it in on the corvette guys :D
---i got one question. i was signed off to go solo and ran solo last year. What class should i sign up in?

Thanks Again svtcobraclub,
ben

SIUNARA
01-14-2005, 10:50 AM
Tony,

If we're going to look at history I'd say we're even so far. Two years ago I remember passing you in my 205 horsepower teal/grey 93 Mustang GT with well over a 100k miles on it. Last year you passed me in my Focus, I'll give you that. This year can be the tie-breaker. :thumbsup:

I do have one question though...are you going to step up and run with the big boy's for one group so we can battle it out or do I have to step down? ;)

johnbasf
01-14-2005, 10:51 AM
Ben, fill out the form and I'll take a look at it. Bring those Tenn. boys with ya.

97whitevert
01-14-2005, 03:21 PM
Tony, Tony, Tony... me, you and Lisa all know what happened last year. Let me explain for those that don't... You waited on me at the beginning of the session and let me pass. You hung with me for 2-3 laps which impressed me. This is going to sound like an excuse, and I would never mention it except Lisa was with me so I have a witness, but I had some strange tire noise and some shaking, so I let you by. Then, we determined it was just rubber on the tires so I picked the pace back up. If I remember right, I stayed with you for the rest of the session. So, lets see, a 4-cyl econo car with about 140 to the wheels was able to keep up with a V-8 with maybe 250 to the wheels or more. Oh yeah, I forgot to mention, the econobox had a passenger. :eek: :eek:

hehehe... all in fun though... I enjoy our little rivalries and a little smack talk. Looking forward to the beat downs to come... :bounce: :bounce:i was going to chime in here, but did finally wait (for a change) for the tRuth to come out!! i distinctly remember toni waiting for the focus, so he could--- blow past :rolleyes:

and let me say that riding with Tom is an absolute blast :thumbsup: he really puts the 'f' into focus :D :bounce: :bounce:

Don- i can't wait for you to drive that little german car- i stilll want one! (C is the one who 'made' me get the cobra) :rotf:

LeadSSled
01-14-2005, 03:22 PM
Tony - I'm going to try my best to make the CMP event this year. I see you already have one of my Taxi Cab buddies registered. There's a good chance that I may bring 2 or 3 more of the AARP Racing Team with me for this event. We'll try not to drive around the track with our turn signals on.:D

I've already made hotel reservations but I'm waiting to register until I can determine whether I can do both days or only one. I've looked at the link to this event in your "store" but do not see an option for a one-day registration. If that's the way I go, how do I register and pay for just one day?

Thanks,
Terry

cobrabitn
01-14-2005, 09:27 PM
See y'all at the track..... :)

BAD PNY
01-14-2005, 09:46 PM
Tony isn't it funny that everyone wants a piece of your ass?

Now what does that say ;) ;) ;)

johnbasf
01-14-2005, 09:54 PM
Tony - I'm going to try my best to make the CMP event this year. I see you already have one of my Taxi Cab buddies registered. There's a good chance that I may bring 2 or 3 more of the AARP Racing Team with me for this event. We'll try not to drive around the track with our turn signals on.:D

I've already made hotel reservations but I'm waiting to register until I can determine whether I can do both days or only one. I've looked at the link to this event in your "store" but do not see an option for a one-day registration. If that's the way I go, how do I register and pay for just one day?

Thanks,
Terry

There is a Sat-Sun one day option on the on-line form. :thumbsup:

johnbasf
01-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I think I need to get the "big" stick out. :rotf:

timz06
01-14-2005, 10:45 PM
Is there a 'turn one'or other track day on Friday before the event?

Tim

cobrabitn
01-14-2005, 11:03 PM

R Allen Mirse - 1996 Impala SS

Instructors:

Don Page - BMW M3 (Tony killer)
Tom lewis - SVT Focus
Dennis Tone

cobrabitn
01-14-2005, 11:15 PM
Ben,

I hope you get to come and if I were you, I'd have someone ride with you, maybe for the familiarity of the track on Saturday morning. You should probably move up a group and not be in the novice/beginner group. You already autocross a lot and I'm sure you'll be just fine. You also get a discount for being a repeat participant at CMP. You see what I have to put up with from my "loyal" members, right? ;)

Terry,

It will be good to see you again and this will really let you stretch your legs a lot and just think, you have room for 6... :rotf: Seriously, you'll enjoy it a lot and if you don't you can tell me about it at the autocross in April. As John said, there is a one day option to sign up for on-line.

Mike,

It says to me that they are jealous and can't hang with me out on the track. They're just trying to play their little mind games with me because they want me to bring the 04. If I did, then Don wouldn't even have a chance with his German engineered by-product. (If you know what I mean? :rotf: ) Oh, I'm sorry was that a Focus pulling over for me? (You wouldn't have to worry about doing that, it would be more like I'd be on the grid pad waiting for you to catch up there buddy) :)

Lisa,

Chime out! Remember, you didn't even come close to my AX times in your 03 and I had a 94 Slowbra.

Now who wants a piece of me? :rotf:

johnbasf
01-14-2005, 11:44 PM

R Allen Mirse - 96 Impala SS

Instructors:

Don Page - BMW M3(Tony killer)
Tom lewis - SVT Focus
Dennis Tone
Jeff Finkelstein - 94 Cobra

johnbasf
01-14-2005, 11:47 PM
I may have to get pads for my truck!!! :getsome: :flash:

LeadSSled
01-15-2005, 12:04 AM
Seriously, you'll enjoy it a lot and if you don't you can tell me about it at the autocross in April. As John said, there is a one day option to sign up for on-line.Tony - I'm quite sure that I will enjoy it. This won't be my first rodeo on a road course. My sig pic was taken at Hallet Motor Racing Circuit outside of Tulsa. I also ran Nashville with the Music City Mustang Club last year. This will be my first event at CMP though, and I've heard great things about this track.

I will do both days if I can swing it, but I may have to leave by early afternoon on Sunday. If not, I'll just wear it out on Saturday. You folks do a great job organizing events. I'm sure this one will be up to your high standards and I am looking forward to it.:thumbsup:

Terry

Hazman
01-15-2005, 02:06 PM
:mad: Hey everybody lay off of Tony!!!! If you keep taking chunks out of his a$$ he may lose enough weight to beat us all at CMP!!!! :D :rotf: :woot: :jk: :banana: :headbang: :chairshot :bump:

97whitevert
01-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Lisa,

Chime out! Remember, you didn't even come close to my AX times in your 03 and I had a 94 Slowbra.

Now who wants a piece of me? :rotf:

i didn't run AX in my 03... only the vert, and only when it was raining!

SIUNARA
01-15-2005, 02:42 PM
The more I read Tony's posts as this crap talk goes on the deeper it gets in here. I'll see you out on track Tony.

cobrabitn
01-16-2005, 12:35 AM
Why do I get the feeling that there is a lot of love in this thread? :rotf: Actually, I think it is funny that you all feel like you have to pick at me. :) I just hate to see the expressions on your faces and I wonder whether you will really come back to this thread and admit that you got owned.... :eek: :doubt: :p

Big Daddy
01-16-2005, 08:10 AM
Why do I get the feeling that there is a lot of love in this thread? :rotf: Actually, I think it is funny that you all feel like you have to pick at me. :) I just hate to see the expressions on your faces and I wonder whether you will really come back to this thread and admit that you got owned.... :eek: :doubt: :p

Hey Tony, inquiring minds want to know...What suspension system do you run on that '94 that is going to eat up all these track prepped cars??? :rolleyes: ;) :D :rotf:

97whitevert
01-16-2005, 09:41 AM
Why do I get the feeling that there is a lot of love in this thread? :rotf: Actually, I think it is funny that you all feel like you have to pick at me. :) I just hate to see the expressions on your faces and I wonder whether you will really come back to this thread and admit that you got owned.... :eek: :doubt: :pwell of course there is!! :love: :love: we just like to see tony get all :edmond: :edmond: :banghead: :banghead:

:rotf: :rotf: :bounce: :woot: :grinangel :grinangel :grinangel

beerkat
01-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I was just looking at the list of paid people going to CMP and saw that we have one of the AARP Taxi Guys coming. This just keeps getting better and better.:rotf:

cobrabitn
01-16-2005, 11:07 AM
I thought they were freaking awesome at the autocross.... I may have to bring the 04 just to keep up with those guys... ;)

LeadSSled
01-16-2005, 04:13 PM
I was just looking at the list of paid people going to CMP and saw that we have one of the AARP Taxi Guys coming.
You will have at least two, and probably 4 taxis at your CMP event.:D I haven't registered yet, but I will be there. I'm working on a couple of the 411 autocross AARP participants.

Tony - Thanks. Those autocross events at 411 are a blast. Don't be surprised to see more taxis at them this year.

beerkat
01-16-2005, 05:09 PM
The more taxis the more fun . I think that I might bring my Lightning up for one of the 411 autox just show you that you all not the only big heavy vehicles that knows how to dance.:rotf:

SIUNARA
01-17-2005, 10:27 AM
Yeah Tony, what suspension system will you be running against my stock suspended track prepped car? :D

You're are correct Tony, I did get owned by you in my 4 cylinder Focus...but you got owned by me in my stock 205 horsepower Mustang GT with 11" front brakes and rear drums. ;)

Did you get your hoosier's yet?

LeadSSled
01-17-2005, 01:15 PM
I was just checking out the CMP website and the link to view a large layout of the track does not work. Does anyone know where I can find a decent picture/diagram of the CMP track layout?

Thanks.

johnbasf
01-17-2005, 01:34 PM
Go here and download the event packet. There is a pic of the layout in there. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/indexfiles/SCMC_High_Performance_Driving_School-CMP_05_entry_packet-2005.pdf

LeadSSled
01-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks, John! I appreciate it.:thumbsup:

johnbasf
01-17-2005, 03:09 PM
I sent a video to Edmond to post here. It's a lap from Jimmy Bost's car at CMP.

antivnm
01-17-2005, 04:21 PM
here is a lap around cmp i have in my car.

http://intheloope.com/cmplap.wmv

LeadSSled
01-17-2005, 04:37 PM
Cool! Looks like a nice track. Thanks for the video, Ben!

cobrabitn
01-17-2005, 05:24 PM
Don,

I have stock everything with 99,500 miles on the car. I will be using stock 98 Cobra rims so what size do I need for Hoosiers? I want to order them today. Originally, I thought I was going to have 9 inch rims but realize I won't be using them for the track. 17X8 is what I have to use so what is the maximum I can go?

My stock 94 Cobra puts down 225 rwhp and I can scan a dyno sheet for you. I understand about the 94 having more power then your Focus, but you have to admit, it did keep you quiet for a while. :rotf: If I recall correctly, you were talking smack about the Foci taking me at the track. My number one goal was to pass you and I did, and rightfully so. It's okay, they'll be another day tomorrow... bwaahaa :rotf:

Tony

BTTBSS
01-17-2005, 06:24 PM
Looking forward to CMP. I weighed it at the track 4810lbs with me in it. I guess all those mods add up. Got to put one of us on a diet.

Firme
01-17-2005, 08:09 PM
I sent a video to Edmond to post here. It's a lap from Jimmy Bost's car at CMP.

Nice Video!!! :thumbsup:

JIMMY BOST @ CMP (http://www.svtcobraclub.com/movies/Jimmy_Bost_CMP_04.WMV) <-------VIDEO LINK
**DUW** ~10.3megs

johnbasf
01-17-2005, 09:55 PM
Thanks Edmond.

2KWhiteSnake
01-17-2005, 10:33 PM
Don,

I have stock everything with 99,500 miles on the car. I will be using stock 98 Cobra rims so what size do I need for Hoosiers? I want to order them today. Originally, I thought I was going to have 9 inch rims but realize I won't be using them for the track. 17X8 is what I have to use so what is the maximum I can go?

My stock 94 Cobra puts down 225 rwhp and I can scan a dyno sheet for you. I understand about the 94 having more power then your Focus, but you have to admit, it did keep you quiet for a while. :rotf: If I recall correctly, you were talking smack about the Foci taking me at the track. My number one goal was to pass you and I did, and rightfully so. It's okay, they'll be another day tomorrow... bwaahaa :rotf:

Tony

I'd roll with 245's Tony. Possibly a 255, but 245's should be perfect on 8 inch wheels.

Craig

beerkat
01-18-2005, 08:08 AM
Nice video thanks guys:thumbsup:

SIUNARA
01-18-2005, 11:24 AM
I don't know that I would brag about beating a 4 cylinder car while driving a high powered V-8, but that's me.

You will have about 25 more rwhp than me, but that will help compensate for the few extra pounds you'll be carrying...because your car weighs more than mine. My suspension design is better, but your brakes are bigger, and since CMP is a heavy braking track that should about even things out. I'd say we're pretty evenly matched this year, even though my car is only a 6 cylinder. ;)

You could go with a 275/40 as Will Sadler did on 8" rims, but the 255 or 245 is probably a better idea. I'll be running 235's (Toyo's) on 8" wide rims.

I am soooo looking forward to this. Not just running with you on track and making you look silly, but to hangout with everyone and have a good time. :)

cobrabitn
01-18-2005, 11:35 AM
I got the 245's today.... this will be my first time on Hoosiers. :bounce:

I don't exactly call a stock 94 Cobra high powered with 225 rwhp. Now, if you want to call a 400 rwhp 04 Cobra then I would agree with that. Bottom line, go back to the first of the thread and you will see that you initiated the smack talk... :rotf: Stop making excuses as I think John said we will be pretty much be evenly matched. Let's see who passes who, okay? :)

justagt
01-18-2005, 01:11 PM
Let's see who passes who, okay? :)

Hey, Don, the easiest way to get around Tony would be to just drive on the line. If I remember right from last year following him, he was everywhere on the track EXCEPT for the line. :D

Tony, with Hoosiers, have you thought about running an Accusump on the car?

98banana
01-18-2005, 01:15 PM
I got the 245's today.... this will be my first time on Hoosiers. :bounce:

Tony, you will absolutely love the Hoosiers! It's amazing how they feel compared to normal street tires.

Do yourself a favor and get a tire pyrometer. You want to check temps and make sure you've got the right air pressure and camber settings to make them last as long as possible. Don't be too dissapointed when you find that you've used more than half of them up at CMP in a weekend. I did the CRMC event a few years ago. It was a 3 day event and I used up an entire set of hoosiers, a set of front brake pads and a set of rotors. :eek:

cobrabitn
01-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Oh great..... now we got Will in on the smack talk! Man, you guys don't let up do you? :rotf: Well okay, let me see if I can dig up a picture of your driving instructor skills, okay Will? :eek: It may take a while since it was in 2003...

Tom, I doubt I will have to drive that hard.... I mean really, all we have is some PA member in a BMW coming down to follow my line and I need to slow down a little so he can keep up. ;)

SIUNARA
01-18-2005, 01:39 PM
Tony,

Your smack talk knows no bounds. 225 rwhp is a lot compared to 125 fwhp...and I won't even begin to compare the torque numbers.

Tell you what...anytime you want to take 5 timed laps around CMP in the same car, you let me know...unless you're scared to. :eek:

98banana
01-18-2005, 02:19 PM
Tom, I doubt I will have to drive that hard.... I mean really, all we have is some PA member in a BMW coming down to follow my line and I need to slow down a little so he can keep up. ;)

No, you may not have to drive that hard, but you'll sure want to with those tires. :thumbsup:

I agree with what Will said on the Accusump. I don't know if one Ford engine would need it more than any others, but it's a nice insurance policy because you'll be more likely to slosh all the oil away from the pickup with those sticky tires.

justagt
01-18-2005, 04:38 PM
Oh great..... now we got Will in on the smack talk! Man, you guys don't let up do you?

Props to Tony "I go 3 miles per lap on a 2.235 mile course" Sorrentino for being a good sport! :D

Did you kids see the new track record at CMP.............1:22.457.

LeadSSled
01-18-2005, 04:43 PM
Did you kids see the new track record at CMP.............1:22.457.
I saw that on the CMP website. However, the SVT event information says that our laps will not be timed, so we won't know how we measure up against the bar, or against anyone else for that matter (unless there is some "unofficial" timing going on).

johnbasf
01-18-2005, 04:47 PM
I saw that on the CMP website. However, the SVT event information says that our laps will not be timed, so we won't know how we measure up against the bar, or against anyone else for that matter (unless there is some "unofficial" timing going on).

We'll have our Robics with us. :D

The 1:22 was me before the engine blew. :rotf: NOT :thumbsup:

98banana
01-18-2005, 04:49 PM
What the hell ran a 1:22 at CMP? :eek:

EDIT: I meant other than the banana?

justagt
01-18-2005, 05:01 PM

I feel somewhat safe in saying that even if we timed laps, the record would be safe.

Tom, a 91 Benetton F1 car.

BTTBSS
01-18-2005, 05:40 PM
Can you run with a G-tech installed? or is that pushing the envelope?

cobrabitn
01-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Actually, since we are purchasing racing/timing insurance, we should be able to time ourselves. I'll have to double check on it though. :)

johnbasf
01-18-2005, 06:14 PM
Can you run with a G-tech installed? or is that pushing the envelope?

G-tech is fine as long as I don't know. What G-tech??? :D

98banana
01-19-2005, 08:45 AM
The problem with timing devices is with your own insurance. If something happens and you have to make a claim and they find out it was a timed event, you will not be covered and you will be dropped. You have to make sure there are instructors and no timing devices to qualify as a school.

When I am on the track, my wife never stands at the fence with a stopwatch timing laps. Neither does my son when she's not available. And I never have to check those times when I get back in after a session to compare with previous sessions. And, I never have to remind anybody to reset the watch before I go back out. Never. :D

LeadSSled
01-19-2005, 09:04 AM
98banana - I understand your dilema, but it's kind of an oxymoron: "untimed driver's school". What better way to measure the progress of the student than through a progressive dropping of lap times. I know, insurance requirements aren't supposed to make sense. ;)

After these old men in 4-doors pass all those high-performance cars, I wanted to be able to answer the question: "Just how much faster are you than I?" :D Damn, now I'm starting to sound like Tony.:eek:

98banana
01-19-2005, 11:10 AM
98banana - I understand your dilema, but it's kind of an oxymoron: "untimed driver's school". What better way to measure the progress of the student than through a progressive dropping of lap times. I know, insurance requirements aren't supposed to make sense. ;)

This is so true... who knows what insurance companies think. ???

Timing is an okay way to measure progress, but it's how well you get around the track that is more important than how fast. The key to this type of school is to learn car control, not racing. And, of course, to learn some aspects of racing such as proper line. Tony's still learning that one. :D

johnbasf
01-19-2005, 11:18 AM

SIUNARA
01-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Spoken like a true instructor Tom. ;)

It's amazing the number of people that have slammed Tony's driving ability in this thread. Tony's going to get so pissed that he's going to pass all of us at least twice...in the lunch line maybe!! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :thumbsup:

BTTBSS
01-19-2005, 12:55 PM
Exerpt from a SAFECO Auto Policy. The same language appears under the Liability, Medical Payments and Property Damage section.
Exclusions: We do not provide coverage for any insured/vehicle>
Any Vehicle,located inside a facility designed for racing, for the purpose of:
a: Competing in; or
b: practicing or preparing for:
any prearranged or organized racing or speed contest.

The way I interpert this is that lapping days with timing, autocrossing, and drag racing are not covered but street racing is OK as long as its not prearragned. The policy does not define "organized racing" or "speed contest" which leaves room to argue that autocrossing outside a facility designed for racing could be covered. I have discussed driving schools with underwriters and they get very non-commital but the policy does not mention driving schools at all so they should be covered since they are not excluded. That said, filing a claim with a race track as the location will likely get your policy cancelled once the claim is settled.

98banana
01-19-2005, 01:01 PM
Exerpt from a SAFECO Auto Policy. The same language appears under the Liability, Medical Payments and Property Damage section.
Exclusions: We do not provide coverage for any insured/vehicle>
Any Vehicle,located inside a facility designed for racing, for the purpose of:
a: Competing in; or
b: practicing or preparing for:
any prearranged or organized racing or speed contest.

The way I interpert this is that lapping days with timing, autocrossing, and drag racing are not covered but street racing is OK as long as its not prearragned. The policy does not define "organized racing" or "speed contest" which leaves room to argue that autocrossing outside a facility designed for racing could be covered. I have discussed driving schools with underwriters and they get very non-commital but the policy does not mention driving schools at all so they should be covered since they are not excluded. That said, filing a claim with a race track as the location will likely get your policy cancelled once the claim is settled.

That's pretty much what I have heard as well... they'll cover it, then they'll drop you.

I would assume that an autocross in a parking lot becomes a "facility designed for racing" once the first cone is placed.

EDIT: BTTBSS, that is a very cool picture in your sig! :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
01-19-2005, 05:37 PM
That's pretty much what I have heard as well... they'll cover it, then they'll drop you.

I would assume that an autocross in a parking lot becomes a "facility designed for racing" once the first cone is placed.

EDIT: BTTBSS, that is a very cool picture in your sig! :thumbsup:

Well I guess I got lucky when I smacked the tire wall at Road Atlanta as my insurance company not only covered it but didn't drop me! Then I lost the engine due to a flash flood within the same year. Again they covered it (and my aftermarket parts) and still didn't drop me. Now my premiums did go up SOME! ;) :D :rolleyes:

FCorkran
01-19-2005, 05:44 PM
Come on, don't leave us hanging - who is your insurance with?

Big Daddy
01-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Come on, don't leave us hanging - who is your insurance with?

It's through a Horace Mann company Teachers Insurance! You must be a teacher or like me be married to one! :D ;) But I think the real reason they didn't drop me is they didn't want to lose the coverage on my other two vehicles and the house! :D :thumbsup:

timz06
01-21-2005, 09:24 PM
I have a hot lap timer in the camaro. I am planning on timing myself...if I wreck it is gone, no insurance except liability.

Man, I have to tell you guys it is really going to be ugly, all you guys getting passed by my slomaro...even worse than the z06.

Just one more ? again?? is there a lapping day on the friday before the event? I want to make sure I get enough track time, as I am being sentenced to china after this event.

here is video with me and a friend of mine at road atlanta, he is running a 79 mustang with 400 at the wheels, take a look at the end I almost hit the wall in 7

http://69.73.156.222/movies/rafun1.wmv

Tim

2KWhiteSnake
01-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I have a hot lap timer in the camaro. I am planning on timing myself...if I wreck it is gone, no insurance except liability.

Man, I have to tell you guys it is really going to be ugly, all you guys getting passed by my slomaro...even worse than the z06.

Just one more ? again?? is there a lapping day on the friday before the event? I want to make sure I get enough track time, as I am being sentenced to china after this event.

here is video with me and a friend of mine at road atlanta, he is running a 79 mustang with 400 at the wheels, take a look at the end I almost hit the wall in 7

http://69.73.156.222/movies/rafun1.wmv

Tim

Heyya Tim!

Noper, no lapping day on Friday from looking at the CMP website. Their lapping day is on March 4th. Is Sammy gonna make it this year?

:cool:

Craig

SIUNARA
01-22-2005, 12:24 AM
So what's the setup on this slomaro? Full AI trim? Those cars done up right aren't much of a step down from a streetable Z06.

timz06
01-22-2005, 11:23 AM
The slomaro has a LT4 hotcam, headers, etc, ground control coil overs with koni sa's, global west control arms with spherical bearings, 11 x17's with 315s on all corners, c5 corvette front brakes. It has about the same power as the z06, handles better now, but is a fat pig. Needs to loose a few hundred pounds and it will be awesome, but it is fun now. I am thinking about running the car in AI next year. I still need a cage, a stronger clutch, racing seats and harnesses, and would like steeper gears, and better ported heads...the list goes on and on it never stops. Looking back, I should have sold this thing and just put the money into the z06 ...oh well it has been fun working on the car (well not sometimes as this car is hell to work on) ...

Craig, I tried to call Sammy, couldn't get him. I think he is probably coming, he has done a ton of work to his 98 cobra, it is now supercharged...I'm sure he will be putting the beat down on me this year.

johnbasf
01-24-2005, 12:20 PM
Craig, I tried to call Sammy, couldn't get him. I think he is probably coming, he has done a ton of work to his 98 cobra, it is now supercharged...I'm sure he will be putting the beat down on me this year.

Sam called me last night. He said he would sign up soon. You're in trouble Tim.... :rotf:

2KWhiteSnake
01-24-2005, 09:19 PM
Sam called me last night. He said he would sign up soon. You're in trouble Tim.... :rotf:

True, Sammy's car was running strong last year with the MM stuff on it. Can't wait to see it with a blower.

Craig

timz06
01-25-2005, 08:56 AM
Since I am not a mustang guy, I don't know the specifics, but he told me his whole suspension is top of the line. He is also running 315 tires on the car.

I still got him at VIR full 2:12 for me and 2:14 for him, he claimed he had the boost turned down! :rolleyes:

He should be a good bit faster than my camaro at cmp, but we will see since CMP really doesn't have any long straights. I think he told me he got some mac daddy brakes as well, so that would be a big advantage for him.

Tim

johnbasf
01-25-2005, 05:35 PM
We now have a track photographer. I will post the info when I get his e-mail. :thumbsup: We'll have proof of Tony getting passed by Don. Don, get a camera mount for your car. I've got a camera for you to use. :rotf:

BAD PNY
01-25-2005, 09:27 PM
John

Ya know if everyones driving comes close to the bullshit being posted here, we all need a road racing career... :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
01-25-2005, 10:42 PM
John

Ya know if everyones driving comes close to the bullshit being posted here, we all need a road racing career... :thumbsup:

So true.....ROFL!!!! :D

Craig

Big Daddy
01-26-2005, 07:59 AM
John

Damn and I thought I was talking to a group of profesional drivers....YOU MEAN I'M NOT???? :eek: :eek: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) :D :rotf:

98banana
01-26-2005, 08:35 AM
I've already decided that I'm going to drive in reverse the entire time so that everybody else can keep up. :bounce:

That way, when I pass Tony, over and over again, he won't get tired of seeing the back of my car. And, when he sees me approaching in his rearview and sees the back of my car, he can pretend that he's actually about to pass me.

justagt
01-26-2005, 09:16 AM
Don, get a camera mount for your car. I've got a camera for you to use. :rotf:

Hey, I have one too, so we can point it out the back of Don's car so we can see the look on Tony's face after he gets passed!!! Then, we can watch him weave all over the track running 'his line'. :D :D :D

flynfink
01-26-2005, 09:20 AM

Man the smack talk is getting deep. I think I need hip waders..

SIUNARA
01-26-2005, 10:40 AM
I'll talk to the fabrication experts while I'm in Charlotte this weekend...we'll get some camera mounts done in time for CMP. ;)

johnbasf
01-26-2005, 01:16 PM
The way it looks now it seems I need to make another run group. :D ALL of the smacktalkers WILL be out there together. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You guys are lucky I don't have a ride, I'd kick all your a**es. :rotf:

SIUNARA
01-26-2005, 02:04 PM
Bring it John!! :starwars:

wildhorsesracin
01-26-2005, 02:23 PM
You guys are lucky I don't have a ride, I'd kick all your a**es. :rotf:

John you are welcome to borrow this:

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/cars/70F350df200.jpg

:rotf:

98banana
01-26-2005, 02:23 PM
The way it looks now it seems I need to make another run group. :D ALL of the smacktalkers WILL be out there together. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You guys are lucky I don't have a ride, I'd kick all your a**es. :rotf:

You've got a few Focus', a Lightning and plenty of friends that will be glad to put you behind the wheel of their car. So, bring it! :bounce: :bounce:

johnbasf
01-26-2005, 02:36 PM
John you are welcome to borrow this:

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/cars/70F350df200.jpg

:rotf:

Only if you put a yellow splitter on there Jim. :rotf:

johnbasf
01-26-2005, 02:40 PM
You've got a few Focus', a Lightning and plenty of friends that will be glad to put you behind the wheel of their car. So, bring it! :bounce: :bounce:

I pay for but don't own the Foci.....
The "Bolt" belongs to Dianne now.....
I'm afraid I would embarrass the owner of the car I barrow if I got out there.... :tongue:

I love smack talking knowing I have no ride to back it up.... :rotf:

wildhorsesracin
01-26-2005, 02:58 PM
Only if you put a yellow splitter on there Jim. :rotf:

Is this better?

http://www.wildhorsesracing.com/cars/70F350dfwsplit.jpg

WOW! with a splitter and decals I'll bet that truck will have 700 hp...

johnbasf
01-26-2005, 04:05 PM
That's the one Jim..... :D

timz06
01-26-2005, 04:22 PM
John, too bad you never got on track when I was out there last year :) Before my caliper bolt fell out on sunday!

I really want to attend this year, is there any organized frog shoots going on after the track closes?

2KWhiteSnake
01-26-2005, 09:57 PM

Yeah, I told him he can have mine for a few hot laps. I trust the big guy. :D

Craig

2KWhiteSnake
01-26-2005, 11:12 PM
I'm convinced I should get a accusump. Who's the cheapest place to get one from? I think buying directly from Canton is going to be a bit pricey.

Craig

johnbasf
01-27-2005, 10:55 AM
http://on-trackperformance.com/ Try Mark Wilson. Tell him I sent you. :D If he jacks up the price tell him you were kidding. :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
01-27-2005, 06:35 PM
http://on-trackperformance.com/ Try Mark Wilson. Tell him I sent you. :D If he jacks up the price tell him you were kidding. :thumbsup:

:)

Thanks John, I'll give him a shout.

Craig

98banana
01-27-2005, 06:52 PM
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

cobrabitn
01-27-2005, 11:04 PM
I think what we should do is since Sunday is the best time to run when a lot of people pack up, we should go out there and make our own run group so we can settle this once and for all.

BTW Donny boy.... I think one of the supervisors at my job is going to run on Sunday and bring his M3. Now I can pass the both of you at the same time. :rotf:

johnbasf
01-27-2005, 11:14 PM
The event director will be in charge of this grudge match. :thumbsup: :rotf:

2KWhiteSnake
01-27-2005, 11:29 PM
I think what we should do is since Sunday is the best time to run when a lot of people pack up, we should go out there and make our own run group so we can settle this once and for all.

BTW Donny boy.... I think one of the supervisors at my job is going to run on Sunday and bring his M3. Now I can pass the both of you at the same time. :rotf:

Yah, I wanna be in that group.... :D

Craig

cobrabitn
01-27-2005, 11:37 PM
Just thought I would let you see my new door numbers. They will be magnetic and should be really cool to have on. There's no need for Don and company to worry about them flying off because they won't be going fast enough to worry about it... :rotf:

Take a look and let me know if you want a set? Cost will be $60.00 a pair delivered to your doorstep!

SIUNARA
01-29-2005, 03:11 AM
How did you come up with the 01 Tony...does it stand for the number of corners you actually get right in a 14 turn road course? :eek:

Keep talking smack, I'm ready, with whatever you decide to bring. :D

cobrabitn
01-29-2005, 10:48 AM
Naw....it's just my SCMC number. :rotf: Besides, it's the first magnetic sign that we had made with the club URL on it. I guess you can have number 652. :p

johnbasf
01-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Keep talking smack, I'm ready, with whatever you decide to bring. :D

Tony is bringing the "Smack Down" for your candy a**. :rotf: :thumbsup:

SIUNARA
01-29-2005, 02:08 PM
652 works for me. That will be the number of times I pass you over the entire weekend. ;)

John,

You better make up your mind...first you talk smack about Tony and talk good about me then it's the other way around. I wouldn't be talking too much smack unless YOU plan to bring a car out. :eek: ;)

johnbasf
01-29-2005, 02:36 PM
652 works for me. That will be the number of times I pass you over the entire weekend. ;)

John,

You better make up your mind...first you talk smack about Tony and talk good about me then it's the other way around. I wouldn't be talking too much smack unless YOU plan to bring a car out. :eek: ;)

:chairshot :spanked:

BAD PNY
01-29-2005, 07:02 PM
John

I know it is not a Ford but you have an open invitation to take Don and that M3 to the cleaners in my T1 vette. My race seat is plenty big for you to fit in...

Please have at it ;)

johnbasf
01-29-2005, 07:48 PM
John

I know it is not a Ford but you have an open invitation to take Don and that M3 to the cleaners in my T1 vette. My race seat is plenty big for you to fit in...

Please have at it ;)

:rotf: Don's knows I'm picking. This is gonna be fun to watch. :thumbsup:

SIUNARA
01-30-2005, 01:22 AM
A stock E36 M3 is hardly an even match against a T1 prepped Corvette. We're trying to determine who is a better driver...not who can show up in a race car and spank everyone. That's not a true showing of driver skill.

cobrabitn
01-30-2005, 01:39 AM
It's okay Don.... your M3 is not even going to pass my little ole stock 94 slobra with over 100,000 miles on her.. :rotf:

97whitevert
01-30-2005, 08:25 AM
It's okay Don.... your M3 is not even going to pass my little ole stock 94 slobra with over 100,000 miles on her.. :rotf:OK i've decided to hold the $$$$ here- just send it to me :D :D ;)

tony are you suuuuure about that? i mean i have rode with you (and i AM good luck and all), don did stay at a holiday inn express... :thumbsup:

2KWhiteSnake
01-30-2005, 11:26 AM
OK i've decided to hold the $$$$ here- just send it to me :D :D ;)

tony are you suuuuure about that? i mean i have rode with you (and i AM good luck and all), don did stay at a holiday inn express... :thumbsup:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!! :rotf:

Craig

2KWhiteSnake
01-30-2005, 11:40 AM
I'm looking for a decent priced Camcorder to put in the car, but also take vid's of our kid. Nothing special, just around $500 bones. I never realized that each brand made about 50 different cameras within a $50 range. I thought buying a digital camera was difficult, but this is rediculous. Anyone got any suggestions for a great all around Camcorder?

By the way John, I emailed Mark Wilson from his website about a complete accusump kit with hoses, etc. on Thursday. Still haven't heard back.

Craig

johnbasf
01-30-2005, 12:38 PM
By the way John, I emailed Mark Wilson from his website about a complete accusump kit with hoses, etc. on Thursday. Still haven't heard back.

Craig

Call him.

2KWhiteSnake
01-30-2005, 01:51 PM
Call him.

Will do.

beerkat
01-30-2005, 03:00 PM
I'm looking for a decent priced Camcorder to put in the car, but also take vid's of our kid. Nothing special, just around $500 bones.

I got the Sony HC 40 for xmas it takes still on a memory stick and captures video on a digital tape. I was told that the Sony's have the best image stablizer.
Camera was under 500 at Best Buy. I got a camera mount that mounts on my roll bar from PegasusAutoRacing.com for under a 100.:thumbsup:

I will be filming at CMP, but I do not run in the big dog class like all you smack talkers:rotf:

the camera does some other neat things also. You can take VHS tapes and play through the camera to you computer which in turns lets you burn a DVD of the tape.

2KWhiteSnake
01-30-2005, 03:54 PM
I got the Sony HC 40 for xmas it takes still on a memory stick and captures video on a digital tape. I was told that the Sony's have the best image stablizer.
Camera was under 500 at Best Buy. I got a camera mount that mounts on my roll bar from PegasusAutoRacing.com for under a 100.:thumbsup:

I will be filming at CMP, but I do not run in the big dog class like all you smack talkers:rotf:

the camera does some other neat things also. You can take VHS tapes and play through the camera to you computer which in turns lets you burn a DVD of the tape.

Thanks man! I'll read up on that one. Glad you're gonna be at CMP. :cool:

Craig

BAD PNY
01-30-2005, 06:41 PM
A stock E36 M3 is hardly an even match against a T1 prepped Corvette. We're trying to determine who is a better driver...not who can show up in a race car and spank everyone. That's not a true showing of driver skill.

Don you are right. Just wanted to juice it up a bit. Really it is a 7/10's T1 car. It still has all the amenities like a/c, stereo, airbags, and none of the safety stuff on the interior. I am also down probably 20hp from a T1 comp car. Other then that it has the rest. Plans are to finish it in early July to race the rest of the season in regionals.

cobrabitn
01-30-2005, 10:15 PM
Here you go Don.... I have some cheese for you to go with that whine... :rotf:

I don't care if Mike does bring his Corvette that doesn't mean he is a better driver then either you or I. I think I showed him a year or two ago that I can hang with him and if I had a faster car then his 03 Cobra, I'd have proabably showed him my tail lights. So, let's just go out and have some fun and when it's all over, we can chat about it on this thread... :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
01-31-2005, 11:32 PM
This is what the event shirt will look like...

beerkat
02-01-2005, 08:04 AM
Looks good!:thumbsup:

antivnm
02-01-2005, 10:16 AM
the shirt looks great!!!!
its got my buddy shawn(third car back in black cobra)
-and even me (silver ta with black wheels in the back ground)
woooohooo, i am going to order a few more!!!!

-to the powers that be. my buddy Mike Goins(96 red camaro) has done an online payment back last thursday. he still has not shown up on the list? just checkin in for him

thanks,
ben

johnbasf
02-01-2005, 11:52 AM
I'll have Tony check it. It takes a couple of days for me to get the info about who signed up on-line. :thumbsup:

johnbasf
02-01-2005, 03:15 PM
We are now offering free evnt t-shirts to all instructors. If you have already sent me your forms please e-mail me with your shirt size.

BTTBSS
02-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Nice design but it lacks something. If I replace the Red Bow Tie in my grill with
a blue oval do you think we could see a taxi in there with the 'stangs?

johnbasf
02-01-2005, 06:07 PM
This is what the event shirt will look like...

Shirts look awesome Tony. :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
02-01-2005, 09:36 PM
Well.... you opened yourself up for that one.

As long as it is in the background or if it is a close up shot next to a Cobra then yes, we can have a taxi in there. :)

The shirt pictures are from last year's event and each year we select a different photo so it can very easily have your car in there. We can see if John can get the photographer to get some shots with the Impalas in with the Cobras so you have a good shot of being in next year's shirt design.

Ben, Mike is paid up and should be in the updated list. :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
02-02-2005, 08:39 AM
We can see if John can get the photographer to get some shots with the Impalas in with the Cobras so you have a good shot of being in next year's shirt design.

Well I don't see how that will be possible....the Impalas will be to far behind to be in a picture with Cobras in it. OH WAIT, I guess we could get pictures of the Cobras as they pass that big ole taxi! ;) :D :thumbsup: JK

cobrabitn
02-02-2005, 06:54 PM
Actually, I think it will be quite easy to have them in a photo because you'll be in the background pushing that 2001 off the track. :rotf:

Don't let those Impalas fool you Greg, they can hold their own. :thumbsup:

BTTBSS
02-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Great, I'll try not to block the track too much. The nurse is getting me a new Die Hard battery for my pacemaker so while I won't make any predictions about showing tail lights I can pretty much guarantee door handles.

cobrabitn
02-02-2005, 11:16 PM
Do you need a "first alert" too? :rotf:

Big Daddy
02-03-2005, 08:53 AM
Actually, I think it will be quite easy to have them in a photo because you'll be in the background pushing that 2001 off the track. :rotf:

I have never had to push my car off the track...OR be pulled out of the mud!! :rotf: :rotf: Not like some other folks in this club!! ;) :D :thumbsup:

Big Daddy
02-03-2005, 08:56 AM
Great, I'll try not to block the track too much. The nurse is getting me a new Die Hard battery for my pacemaker so while I won't make any predictions about showing tail lights I can pretty much guarantee door handles.

I would imagine that the door handles will be about eye level when were sitting in the Cobra's! ;) :D So I could see how this is possible. :thumbsup:

AND Tony I know those things along with the Caprice's were used by alot of Police Departments so I imagine that they should have some get up and go!

BTTBSS
02-03-2005, 04:04 PM
I've been looking at the track map. Will we be running clockwise or counterclockwise?

98banana
02-03-2005, 04:16 PM
I've been looking at the track map. Will we be running clockwise or counterclockwise?
clockwise

johnbasf
02-03-2005, 04:46 PM

This video............. http://www.svtcobraclub.com/movies/Jimmy_Bost_CMP_04.WMV

cobrabitn
02-03-2005, 08:50 PM
I have never had to push my car off the track...OR be pulled out of the mud!! Not like some other folks in this club!!

I'm not sure who you are talking about here?? Is there someone in particular you had in mind? You must be talking about "JustAGT"? :rotf:

SIUNARA
02-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Tony,

How's the installation of those new parts going?

2KWhiteSnake
02-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Tony,

How's the installation of those new parts going?

:D

Craig

cobrabitn
02-03-2005, 11:39 PM
I should be able to do more modifications this weekend since I got the some of them in this week. I got the strut tower brace on for rigidity and the 355 gears are supposed to go in this week sometime. The headers are almost installed (driver side only) and I should have the other one put on this weekend. I only have Sunday to work on it so I will do my best to get it finished this weekend. (It's Superbowl weekend and football is my next love after Cobras) Of course my wife comes before any of that and God is first!

I have the catback in the box along with the CAI. I hope to have that finished on Sunday too. The new struts and shocks will go in next week after the gear install. That's all I am pretty much going to do to it except maybe some cooling ducts for the brakes. It should help me a little with the handling and braking and a small hp increase at the rear wheels. Should be a little more competitive but I'm sure you'll be dusting me on the track. :D :rolleyes: ;) :rotf:

I was going to surprise you but what the heck, it's only 5 weeks away and we are there for a good time anyway. I just hope I don't lose brakes like I did last year. :mad:

SIUNARA
02-04-2005, 09:18 AM
For someone running a "stock" Cobra that's certainly a pretty good list of mods. You do know that once you add those parts you can't consider the car "stock" anymore, right? ;)

I'm just messing with you. You do whatever makes you happy. I'll be there with the M3 in stock form...and we'll see what happens on track. No matter what we will have a blast, just like the last few years! :D

LeadSSled
02-04-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm going to try my darndest to bring my taxi to this event. But my boss is working on a trip for us to China either the week of the 7th or 14th of March. I will likely be on a plane heading over, or heading back to China while y'all are having fun. I have not received a definite schedule for the trip yet, so I am crossing my fingers. But it's not looking good. :(

LeadSSled
02-04-2005, 09:52 AM
I know those things along with the Caprice's were used by alot of Police Departments so I imagine that they should have some get up and go!You might want to ask the Cobra guys from the Music City Mustang Club about that. Allen and I ran with them at their open track day on Nashville Speedway last May. I really got tired of those 03/04 Cobras holding me up in the corners.:D

Big Daddy
02-04-2005, 11:42 AM
You might want to ask the Cobra guys from the Music City Mustang Club about that. Allen and I ran with them at their open track day on Nashville Speedway last May. I really got tired of those 03/04 Cobras holding me up in the corners.:D

Ya those 03/04 Cobra's are kinda slow. I hate when they slow me up on track in the corners and on the straights! ;) :D

Notice I drive an '01 Cobra! :D ;)

LeadSSled
02-04-2005, 12:48 PM
Ya those 03/04 Cobra's are kinda slow. I hate when they slow me up on track in the corners and on the straights! ;) :D
I have to admit that I didn't have anything for them on the straights -with 4200 lbs and only 300 HP, I was outgunned. But the corners, that was another story.:thumbsup:

cobrabitn
02-04-2005, 11:47 PM
Don,

The car has over 100K miles on her and it needs new shocks and struts. Last year, it didn't do anything but nose dive all day in turn one. Nothing fancy for the suspension, just some MM stuff. :rotf:

LeadSled,

Don't pay any attention to Big Daddy, he can't even go to a non-race SCMC event without breaking down. After his first lap, he'll be done for the day. At that point everyone will be passing him. :)

Big Daddy
02-05-2005, 03:45 AM
LeadSled,

Don't pay any attention to Big Daddy, he can't even go to a non-race SCMC event without breaking down. After his first lap, he'll be done for the day. At that point everyone will be passing him. :)

Keep talking smack Tony and I'll be putting a BIG WHITE STRIPE down the side of that old slow 5.0! :D ;)

2KWhiteSnake
02-05-2005, 04:18 AM
Don,

The car has over 100K miles on her and it needs new shocks and struts. Last year, it didn't do anything but nose dive all day in turn one. Nothing fancy for the suspension, just some MM stuff. :rotf:

LeadSled,

ROFLMAO............Greg, I'll state again, you know I luv ya, but he's got a point. :eek:

Craig :thumbsup:

cobrabitn
02-05-2005, 07:21 AM
Greg,

I was just preparing people for things to come! :rotf:

LeadSSled
02-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Well, I gotta be careful about talking smack here. Until I know for sure that my trip to China isn't going to cause me to miss this event, I'm trying to behave (which is a real challenge for me). There's nothing I hate more than when someone talks a bunch of smack about an event, and then doesn't show to back it up. I sure hope that I get to come out and play with you folks at CMP.

Big Daddy
02-05-2005, 09:37 AM
ROFLMAO............Greg, I'll state again, you know I luv ya, but he's got a point. :eek:

Craig :thumbsup:

I know, I know....I would say I would put a big 'ole white stripe down your car but it's already all white!! Wonder how it got that way??? ;) :D

I'm hoping that with the preventative maintenance I'm having done this month I won't blow out a freeze plug like I did at the Drag Day, I won't weld my clutch together like I did at the Karting Day, I won't shear off my input shaft like I did on Patton Ave, and I know for sure I won't have computer tuning problems like I had at Mid America!! So I still don't understand how you guys think I'm always tearing up my car??? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doubt: :doubt: :rotf: :rotf:

Big Daddy
02-05-2005, 09:40 AM
Well, I gotta be careful about talking smack here. Until I know for sure that my trip to China isn't going to cause me to miss this event, I'm trying to behave (which is a real challenge for me). There's nothing I hate more than when someone talks a bunch of smack about an event, and then doesn't show to back it up. I sure hope that I get to come out and play with you folks at CMP.

It's all good...I don't take any of it seriously if I did I would have had to pound little Tony into the ground along time ago! ;) :D :rotf: Plus you talk smack now and I'm sure you'll make it to one of the 411 autocross days and we can settle it there! :D :thumbsup:

beerkat
02-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Say LeadSSled, have you ever run against an SVT Mercury Marauder? I saw one for the first time yesterday, did not know they existed, and thought of AARP taxi at 411.

LeadSSled
02-05-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm sure you'll make it to one of the 411 autocross days and we can settle it there! :D :thumbsup:
You can count on that. I made it to 3 of them last year and even squeaked into the top 10 at the last event. I plan to hit all 4 SCMC events at 411 this year if my schedule allows it. The 411 events are a blast!

LeadSSled
02-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Say LeadSSled, have you ever run against an SVT Mercury Marauder? I saw one for the first time yesterday, did not know they existed, and thought of AARP taxi at 411.
I've run several Marauders but have never seen the SVT version. Last November a SIlver Marauder with a Kenne Bell blower system showed up at the Southern Super Heavy Shootout at Atlanta dragway. It was very impressive - ran 12.5 on street tires.

http://www.regionofdoom.com/images/Events/2004/sshs4/mini-PICT0049.JPG

SIUNARA
02-05-2005, 11:05 AM
Tony,

Excuses, excuses...blah, blah, blah...my car nose dives too much and has over a 100k miles on it. :baby:

Coilovers are fancy in my book. ;)