PDA

View Full Version : Bassani exhaust for $750?

blk04cobra1
11-30-2004, 08:45 AM
Does this sound like the right price for the cat-back? Im looking for a set and was told these were probably the best all around...just curious b/c the SLP loudmouth's give 25rwhp and they're $200 less...

NewFoundPower
11-30-2004, 10:15 AM
Yeah for stainless that sounds about right. I got mine (nonstainless) for $479 at Proficient Performance. www.proficientperformance.com (http://www.proficientperformance.com)

-D-

blk04cobra1
11-30-2004, 12:46 PM
how does the non stainless look? I mean, I cant really go back now, but it would be nice to see what the extra $200 is for

NewFoundPower
11-30-2004, 02:22 PM
You can't reallly tell a difference between the two unless the car is on a lift. The stainless is more durable and will last longer but for me, it wasn't worth the extra $200. You will still get the stainless steel tips with the aluminized so it still looks really good (sounds pretty damn good too):D :D .

-D-

sssvtcobra
11-30-2004, 05:05 PM
I happened to read this thread, and thought I would post this here. I happen to be selling a stainless steel O/R X-pipe and catback for a combined price of $850. The X-pipe was on the car for about 10 minutes, now it's off. And is in brand new condition. The catback has and still is on the car since 9/17/2004. I didn't really like the sound of the X-pipe, so I now have a Mac Pro-chamber. And now I am looking for a new catback. But first I like to know if there is any interested buyers for the catback and x-pipe before I purchase a new catback. I paid $335 for the X-pipe and $750 for the catback.

Jeff

TL04SVT
11-30-2004, 10:58 PM
I paid $650 For my SS Bassani Catback, I thought it was a good price so i jumped on it. I know you can get it a little cheaper elsewhere, just have to search. TL

blk04cobra1
12-01-2004, 08:30 AM
damnit...Im such an impatient person and decided to go ahead and order it...

ssvtcobra--what about the sound in particular did you not like with the X-pipe? Im looking in to the BBK X-pipe for future mods...

NewFoundPower
12-01-2004, 09:14 AM
An X-pipe has more of an exotic sound akin to a Ferrari or Lambo. An H-pipe is gonna give you that throaty Mustang sound. As far as hp goes, I have heard from numerous people that the hp difference between the two is only a matter of a couple of hp.

-D-

sssvtcobra
12-01-2004, 12:21 PM
Just as newfoundpower put it, the x-pipe had to much of a exotic sound to it to me. It almost sounded, I want to say metallicy if you know what I mean. Not really raspy but not really throaty either. So then I put on a prochamber for more of a throaty sound, which it did give, but now it almost sounds monotone. So now I am in the need of new catback.

If you can return your catback, mine is still for sale. The combo I will sell for $835. That's $250 less than what I paid. And the x-pipe is brand NEW! It was on my car for about 10 minutes.

blk04cobra1
12-01-2004, 03:42 PM
I just called where I ordered from and they already processed and shipped...if I return it, they'll charge a 20% restocking fee plus shipping b/c it was free shipping...sorry man, i feel your pain about trying to sell some stuff...good luck