PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust upgrade question

JenRem
12-01-2004, 10:17 PM
Hi,

There are so many forums on this site, I hope I am submitting this in the right one.

I want to keep my car pretty stock, but I do want to increase the GRUMBLE noise my car makes, as well as the horspower. What would you suggest for a (not too expensive) exhaust upgrade with decent improvement on the performance?

Can I get away with just replacing the mufflers, or do I need to replace the entire exhaust system?

Thanks!
Jen

InfamousSVT
12-01-2004, 10:26 PM
You can just replace the mufflers for a better sound and performance! But if you want to do it right, you need to get a cat-back system, which will have a 2.5" mandrel bent piping. The mandrel bent piping keeps a consistant diameter pipe through out unlike the stock pipes which have bends in the corners that make the pipe diameter smaller than the stock 2.25"!

The type of muffler you're wanting depends on your preference:

Flowmaster
Borla
Bassani
Magnaflow
SLP
etc.........

If you want to replace the mid-pipe, for an exotic sound you will get this with the X-pipe, H-pipe for the more Big Block V-8 sound!

I've had the same questions and found all my info from this club! Great help! I'm running the MAC Prochamber and Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers. I just have replaced the mufflers right now, but soon I'll be re-doing the whole exhaust Headers and all!

Hope this helps.:thumbsup:

NewFoundPower
12-01-2004, 10:27 PM
Bassani Catback will give you that sound, I just put one on my car and I love it.

-D-

JenRem
12-02-2004, 09:11 AM
Sweet! Thanks, guys. I am taking notes...also hoping to go to a meet soon so I can hear the differences in all of these.

Jen

nckissfan
12-02-2004, 10:03 AM
in my opinion, the Bassani systems sound the best, along with the Magnaflows. Those two make me drool when I hear them.

I will eventually get a Bassani Cat back for my car

Silver10th
12-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Very body has there own "taste" when it comes to exshaust. I also like Bassani and Magnaflow. Your post said "not too expensive". Mangaflow will more that likely be less expensive. They are still a well made exhaust though. I went with Magnaflow on my car for that reason. I like the sound of my exhaust and it does not have a loud drone around 2000 rpm like the flowmaster does. just my 2cents.

97CasperCobra
12-03-2004, 11:27 PM
Sweet! Thanks, guys. I am taking notes...also hoping to go to a meet soon so I can hear the differences in all of these.

Jen

Jen.....coming out to Atlanta the end of this month and would love to meet up. Maybe we should plan a small meet. I should be there the 28-29 but leaving the night of the 29th. :thumbsup:

InfamousSVT
12-06-2004, 01:07 AM
Jen, if you're interested with the Magnaflow mufflers or cat-back. You should go to www.completeexhaust.com (http://www.completeexhaust.com/) Tony (club founder) got his there and I also purchased my flowmaster mufflers there, great prices! Just a thought to save you some money!:thumbsup: Gotta save money for other parts too you know!:D

NewFoundPower
12-06-2004, 08:54 AM
If you are interested in listening to some exhaust soundclips, take a sec and register at www.mustangexhaust.com (http://www.mustangexhaust.com) and check some of the exhaust setups out.

-D-

JenRem
12-06-2004, 09:18 AM
Hey,

Would love a meet. My schedule is crazy this month but would definetly make some time for one. Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I will check out those sites later tonight.

Jen