PDA

View Full Version : Members

My Cobra
12-02-2004, 01:51 PM
I was wonderin if there is anywhere on the site where you can search for members in your area? I know i got a packet of members when i joined but that was a while back and i would like to know how far members are away from me. A search thing woudl be a good idea i think. Maybe somethign that shows name and e-mail addy. just somethign i was wonderin let me know what yall think.

nckissfan
12-02-2004, 05:01 PM
sounds like a cool idea, plus would help potential members find others near them

InfamousSVT
12-10-2004, 02:31 AM
That sounds like a great idea! As my info on the left there states I'm in Gastonia/Charlotte NC. So I'm not really sure where everyone else is in NC, but I've only met one other person (except for club meets) and I met him in Gastonia and told him about the club and he joined the next week!:thumbsup:

Firme
12-10-2004, 09:57 AM
kinda like the "Texas Contact List" :D
http://www.svtcobraclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=42 <--- very first line

And its access controlled, meaning the public can't view it.

cobrabitn
12-11-2004, 07:38 AM
Well, thanks Tom for letting us post this is in the 4.6 forum .. :rotf: When all of you joined you got a directory which immediately was outdated after the first month. We quit doing directories for several reasons but mostly because it is very time consuming to print and they were outdated within 4 weeks.

Now, everyone receives an officer directory along with a vendor list, and store merchandise list. Less pages so it saves on postage and saves both $$ for the club and time for me because I don't have to sit and wait for them to print for an hour.

Getting back to your idea.... while Firme has a TX list, you have a Carolina Forum. That is specifically for our members that live in the Carolinas to post messages for "get togethers" or allow you to post a private message to that person. While your idea is a good one, some people may not want their e-mail address being able to be accessed so therefore we try to give them their privacy. How do you know who does and who doesn't? We don't so we give you a medium of which you can contact that person, the bulletin board. If they are not registered on the BB then that should tell you they are not interested.

Here's what I suggest:

Have your true home town location in your avatar
Have your SCMC number in the member number field in your avatar
Open up your pm box so people can send you a message

This will help other members by knowing where you live, whether you are an SCMC club member, and allow you to be contacted by others.

Hope that explains it a little better. :)

Tony

Butcher
12-17-2004, 02:14 AM
That sounds like a great idea! As my info on the left there states I'm in Gastonia/Charlotte NC. So I'm not really sure where everyone else is in NC, but I've only met one other person (except for club meets) and I met him in Gastonia and told him about the club and he joined the next week!:thumbsup:
Your a$$ sucks buttermilk old man. Been out of the country, Can't answer email like i'd like to :)

Jimmie